All one way

Old August 21st 05, 02:26 PM

Default All one way

I'm seeing a lot of people with the same problem that I have. The
mothers want the CS money but they also want to be the one calling all
the shots on the kids. In my case, the mother has been collecting
support for our daughter but refuses to allow me to take our daughter
anywhere unless she is also there. I've been "allowed" to see see my
daughter quite a bit but now that I'm thinking about getting a
parenting time order, they are acting like I'm some kind of monster.

Let me ask this group something...if something happened to the mother
and there was no order in place, would I have a problem with getting
my daughter? Would my chances be any better with an order in place?
Are there any negative impacts to the kids by getting an order?
TIA
Old August 21st 05, 04:37 PM
Gini

"J" wrote in message
news:1124630800.e0e4e87c5daa4f9cf95fa3ce52c1e451@m eganetnews2...
I'm seeing a lot of people with the same problem that I have. The
mothers want the CS money but they also want to be the one calling all
the shots on the kids. In my case, the mother has been collecting
support for our daughter but refuses to allow me to take our daughter
anywhere unless she is also there. I've been "allowed" to see see my
daughter quite a bit but now that I'm thinking about getting a
parenting time order, they are acting like I'm some kind of monster.

Let me ask this group something...if something happened to the mother
and there was no order in place, would I have a problem with getting
my daughter?

====
In PA the surviving parent gets custody by default *unless* that parent was
already
deemed abusive or neglectful. I cannot imagine a parent having to "ask"
a court for custody of their own child. Now, if the child were hidden away
somewhere by
a grandparent, the survivng parent may have to get a court order to retrieve
their child.
====
====

Old August 22nd 05, 12:06 PM

J wrote:
I'm seeing a lot of people with the same problem that I have. The
mothers want the CS money but they also want to be the one calling all
the shots on the kids. In my case, the mother has been collecting
support for our daughter but refuses to allow me to take our daughter
anywhere unless she is also there. I've been "allowed" to see see my
daughter quite a bit but now that I'm thinking about getting a
parenting time order, they are acting like I'm some kind of monster.

A parenting or access order would be beneficial in a situation where one
party is playing games. It will not stop the games, but it will give you
a foundation from which to seek enforcement. Don't count on much
enforcement though, not without court time.

...if something happened to the mother
and there was no order in place, would I have a problem with getting
my daughter?

I'd be careful asking questions in this very public forum. How you ask
can often point fingers if something bad did happen. Just be careful.
I've had my discussions here twisted and used against me in court.

Would my chances be any better with an order in place?
Are there any negative impacts to the kids by getting an order?

As the biological father, or father of record, you would be the
remaining custodial parent so even without the order you would be most
likely to get your children should your ex-wife pass on.

Old August 22nd 05, 02:49 PM
Gini

"C" wrote in message
J wrote:
[...]

You presented transcripts from this forum to the court?
====

Old August 23rd 05, 04:03 AM
Jon

J wrote:
I'm seeing a lot of people with the same problem that I have. The
mothers want the CS money but they also want to be the one calling all
the shots on the kids. In my case, the mother has been collecting
support for our daughter but refuses to allow me to take our daughter
anywhere unless she is also there. I've been "allowed" to see see my
daughter quite a bit but now that I'm thinking about getting a
parenting time order, they are acting like I'm some kind of monster.

Let me ask this group something...if something happened to the mother
and there was no order in place, would I have a problem with getting
my daughter? Would my chances be any better with an order in place?
Are there any negative impacts to the kids by getting an order?
TIA

Don't kill her, its not worth it.

Old August 23rd 05, 06:12 AM
SpiderHam77

I don't quite know the legal Document down there... however here in
Canada you can apply for change to the Custody arrangment, and simply
have the original agreement altered in such a manner to better fit the
needs of the parents..

And once the document is in had.. enforcment is alot eaiser to do..
You have legal right to see your Daughter without her around. And it's
failry easy to enforce. Just simply have it dictated in the Custody
agreement that you will pick her up from her house.. and then, if she
decides to follow you home, file a restraing order saying that she must
stay at least 1 mile away from your place of residence... May be kind
of mean.. but my Friend had a similar situation and that was the only
way he was able to have time with just him and his Daughter.. oh ya..
get Caller ID and don;t answer the phone when she calls...

Old August 24th 05, 01:37 AM

"Jon" wrote in

Don't kill her, its not worth it.

yes it is, you would be out sooner than when you finish paying CS! ;-)