Homeopathy

Old December 21st 06, 03:43 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
vakker

Default Homeopathy

"Happy Dog" wrote in message
"vakker" wrote in message
"Mark Probert" wrote in message
David wrote:
"David Wright" wrote in message
In article Z7Ihh.496603$1T2.330986@pd7urf2no, vakker
wrote:

I move that like Barrett I too can claim to have a science and real
medical
degree. Not being deceitful and misleading I won't though. A little
something called INTEGRITY. Barrett doesn't have it. Or the degrees.
Barrett has an MD. You, on the other hand, never made it out of high
school. Other than being tossed out, that is.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net

And, GW has a degree from Yale. Does that mean anything?

In the context of the thread, Barrett's degree means everything. For one
thing, it means that Vakker is wrong.

Barrett's "degree" by no means qualifies him as a medical science expert.

But your inability to correct your stupid mistake does qualify you as an
idiot. Inability or refusal to acknowledge error is a classic kook trait.
What is it with you guys?

moo

What "stupid" mistake? The 2nd sentence should classify you guys very well
then.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
And, GW has a degree from Yale. Does that mean anything?
In the context of the thread, Barrett's degree means everything. For one
thing, it means that Vakker is wrong.

Barrett's "degree" by no means qualifies him as a medical science expert.

Let's see...Vern said to me that I should get an education, and I pointed
out that I have one, and I know people who have them to spare.

You said:

"Surely not "DR" "BARRETT" maybe?"

I then posted a challenge to you to post your resume so we can compare.
You have weaseled on that one time and again.

Now, here is Barrett's basic education:

A.B., Columbia University, 6/54

A.B. --- ??????????????????

M.D., Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, 6/57

Not really a medical doctor in the medical science field. He even failed his
final exams for gosh sakes!!!

Pulitzer Scholar, Columbia University, 1950-54

What's a Pulitzer scholar?

I'll assume that you are unaware of the fact that in the 1950's Columbia
University and Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons were considered
to be amongst the premier universities and medical schools in the country.

So what medical or scientific breakthroughs have they come up with? Sweet
crap all that's what. Just look at the state of modern medicine?
Conventional medicine still has no cure for **** all diseases and basically
"graduates" like Barrett tries to close down and ban those alternative
practitioner's and treatments that do!

With these degrees, he most assuredly has the basic education to be
considered a medical expert.

By his crooked friends in the pharma industry maybe.

Now, do spend a moment and post your resume, so we can compare.

Unlike Barrett or Polevoy or Baratz I don't put on airs or pretend I'm more
than I am or have more credentials than I do.

Old December 21st 06, 04:27 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology
David Wright

In article , David wrote:

"David Wright" wrote in message
. ..
In article , David
wrote:

"David Wright" Why does it work for
babies?

Who says it does?

Many many people all over the world. You know, those folks who have real
experience over time. Not like you.

As I said, I tried homeopathy. Didn't do a damn thing for me. My
experience is just as valid as theirs.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
"If George Bush were my dad, I'd be drunk in public so often that
James Baker would have me killed." -- Bill Maher on the Bush twins

Old December 21st 06, 04:29 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
David Wright

wrote:

I move that like Barrett I too can claim to have a science and real
medical
degree. Not being deceitful and misleading I won't though. A little
something called INTEGRITY. Barrett doesn't have it. Or the degrees.

Barrett has an MD. You, on the other hand, never made it out of high
school. Other than being tossed out, that is.

And, GW has a degree from Yale. Does that mean anything?

Less than it would today, certainly. Of course, he only pulled about
a C average, so it's not like I'm really blown away or anything.

Of course, I doubt you were even able to gain entry to a local
community college, other than maybe if you're the guy who mops
the floors.

I'm supposed to tell you all about myself now? Sorry, you are not cool
enough.

Now, now, tools, just because you're an abject failure in life is no
reason for you to run away in shame. No, wait -- yes it is.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net

Old December 21st 06, 04:30 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
David Wright

wrote:

"David Wright" wrote in message
In article Ojahh.498586$R63.82997@pd7urf1no, vakker
wrote:

"Hawki" wrote in message
igy.net...

now homeopathy on the other hand..is similar to providing a small
bottle
of my pool water and saying it will make you "well"....when a fluid
has
NOT one molecule of the active ingredient...it is water..anyone who
believes that these potions can make you "well"...are likely not sick
in
the first place....

placebo affect

Have you ever tried it?

I have. Didn't do a damn thing for me.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net

So
what did you drink the pool water for anyway? How long did you take it?
How
often did you take it? Did you get your doctor to verify that you had the
disease that pool water would be for? Do you have a note or an affidavit
from said doctor?

Hey, tools, did you know that you're nowhere near as amusing as you
think you are? In fact, you're merely pathetic.

I actually went to a homeopath, who was recommended to me by a couple
of other people. I carefully took the prescription he gave me. It
didn't do anything for me.

But others say it does something for them!!! Why should we believe you over
them?

Because I'm here, they aren't, and my personal experience trumps a
hundred controlled studies. This *is* m.h.a, after all.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
Old December 21st 06, 06:31 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
vakker

et...

wrote:

"David Wright" wrote in message
t...
In article Ojahh.498586$R63.82997@pd7urf1no, vakker
wrote:

digy.net...

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net

So
[...]

That's no reason to believe you.

snipped smuggy smarminess

Old December 21st 06, 07:21 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
D. C. Sessions

wrote:

Why should we believe you
over
them?

Because I'm here, they aren't, and my personal experience trumps a
hundred controlled studies. This *is* m.h.a, after all.

That's no reason to believe you.

Fair enough. If you insist, controlled studies get priority
over personal testimonials.

--
| Bogus as it might seem, people, this really is a deliverable |
| e-mail address. Of course, there isn't REALLY a lumber cartel. |
Old December 21st 06, 09:53 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

http://groups.google.com/group/misc....8b3328d0bfeda9

"Homeopathy is wholly capable of satisfying the therapeutic demands of this
age better than any other system or school of medicine."-----Dr. Charles
Menninger M.D., Founder Menninger Clinic

Old December 21st 06, 11:10 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
Peter Bowditch

"Jan Drew" wrote:

http://groups.google.com/group/misc....8b3328d0bfeda9

"Homeopathy is wholly capable of satisfying the therapeutic demands of this
age better than any other system or school of medicine."-----Dr. Charles
Menninger M.D., Founder Menninger Clinic

Sad, isn't it? All that time spent getting the MD degree, and then his
mind goes to mush and he writes drivel.
--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au