Question about filling

Old January 26th 04, 05:39 PM
Dan

Default Question about filling

What is the stuff in the temporary filling? I know it is zinc oxide and
eugenol (clove oil) for pain and bacteria relief. Is this sometihng the
dentsist adds to the zinc oxide or is it mixed in with it. Can the doc keep
the euganol out for BF mums?
Is it safe if you are breastfeeding?

Thanks in advance?

Old January 26th 04, 06:53 PM
Joel M. Eichen D.D.S.

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:39:21 GMT, "Dan"
wrote:

What is the stuff in the temporary filling? I know it is zinc oxide and
eugenol (clove oil) for pain and bacteria relief.

Many times, correct.

Is this sometihng the
dentsist adds to the zinc oxide or is it mixed in with it.

Depends ........ some are strengthened by adding strengtheners .....

Caulk IRM or Zinroc......

CAULK IRM® Intermediate Restorative Material
Chemical Composition IRM ® material is zinc oxide-eugenol with polymer
reinforcement.
Clinical uses
It is an intermediate restorative material. In a clinical study it was
compared to other ZOE compositions and an EBA formulation. Result: it
was judged superior for both Class I and II restorations ( at one and
two year observations).

Among the many applications a restoration of deciduous teeth (when
permanent teeth are two years or less from eruption); restorative
emergencies; caries management program; dental school clinics and
public health dental programs.

Handling characteristics IRM® powder and liquid should be mixed in
less than one minute. The resulting putty consistency is then inserted
into the cavity. If indicated, conventional methods of matrix
application are appropriate.

Physical characteristics Its strength properties approach those of
zinc phosphate cement. Other physical-related clinical advantages
include: excellent abrasion resistance; good sealing properties; and
low solubility.

--
Joel M. Eichen, .
Philadelphia PA

DISCLAIMER FOLLOWS:

*********

Dental health-related material
is provided for information purposes
only and does not necessarily
represent endorsement by or an official
position of the SciMedDentistry gang
or any other official agency either
actual or fictitious or Steve Mancuso.

Advice on the treatment or care
of an individual patient should
be obtained through consultation
with a dentist who has examined
that patient or is familiar with
that patient's dental history.

STANDARD DISCLAIMER
Old May 27th 04, 07:44 PM
Vaughn

"aXis Computers & Communications" wrote in message
Allow me to introduce myself. I am a at home single mother of a sweet 2
year old boy. And I am currently pregnant again. I have decided to have a
little webpage of great offers and deals I found for pregnant women. Please
help a at home mom and checkout my page
http://acc2.dynip.com:1000/preg/index.htm

Lets see... You cross-post spam, nicely presented with a misleading subject
line, and you think that might make someone want to do business with you? Not
likely.

Go away and spam no more!

Old May 27th 04, 07:55 PM
Krzysztof Polanowski

LOL I am too credulous person.Vaughn is very careful )
Użytkownik "Vaughn" napisał w wiadomo¶ci

Old May 27th 04, 10:25 PM
Jennifer and Robert Howe

"aXis Computers & Communications" wrote in message
Allow me to introduce myself. I am a at home single mother of a sweet 2
year old boy. And I am currently pregnant again. I have decided to have

little webpage of great offers and deals I found for pregnant women.

Please
help a at home mom and checkout my page
http://acc2.dynip.com:1000/preg/index.htm There you will find tons of
free
offers, catalogs, etc.. And if you request a catalog from Chadwick's
maternity or motherware clothing, I get 10 Cents for each catalog you
request. This helps me stay at home with my son. There is also links on
there for zoo books magazines, and other mother/children items. PLEASE

help
me out. Thanks.

t...

Old May 28th 04, 02:44 AM
Joel M. Eichen, D.D.S.

On Thu, 27 May 2004 17:58:57 GMT, "aXis Computers & Communications"
wrote:

Allow me to introduce myself. I am a at home single mother of a sweet 2
year old boy. And I am currently pregnant again. I have decided to have a
little webpage of great offers and deals I found for pregnant women. Please
help a at home mom and checkout my page

Cool. Thanks.

Congrats on preggers .......

http://acc2.dynip.com:1000/preg/index.htm There you will find tons of free
offers, catalogs, etc.. And if you request a catalog from Chadwick's
maternity or motherware clothing, I get 10 Cents for each catalog you
request. This helps me stay at home with my son. There is also links on
there for zoo books magazines, and other mother/children items. PLEASE help
me out. Thanks.

"Dan" wrote in message
et...
What is the stuff in the temporary filling? I know it is zinc oxide and
eugenol (clove oil) for pain and bacteria relief. Is this sometihng the
dentsist adds to the zinc oxide or is it mixed in with it. Can the doc

keep
the euganol out for BF mums?
Is it safe if you are breastfeeding?

Thanks in advance?

Always mimimize the eugenol ... ALWAYS ,,, preggers or not.

JOEL

Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 04:23 PM
| | Kids should work... Kane General 13 December 10th 03 03:30 AM
Kids should work. LaVonne Carlson General 22 December 7th 03 05:27 AM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 04:28 AM
Intro, and Toddler/Daycare Question Betty Woolf General 4 December 3rd 03 04:25 PM