I'm an Aunt! (C-Section question)

Old June 2nd 04, 01:07 PM
Bryna729

Default I'm an Aunt! (C-Section question)

My sister had her first baby last night, a girl! I'm so excited! But she had
to have a C-section after many, many hours of labor and a few hours of pushing.
We'd planned for her to spend the two weeks after giving birth at my house to
recover, and now I'm wondering what special needs she might have due to having
had a C-section. Can any of you moms who have been through it give me some
advice? Will she be able to climb stairs? What can I do to make her as
comfortable as possible? TIA!

Be well,

Bryna
Mommy to Yosef, 3
& Temima, 1
Old June 2nd 04, 02:55 PM
Alissa

"Bryna729" wrote in message
My sister had her first baby last night, a girl! I'm so excited! But she

had
to have a C-section after many, many hours of labor and a few hours of

pushing.
We'd planned for her to spend the two weeks after giving birth at my

house to
recover, and now I'm wondering what special needs she might have due to

having
had a C-section. Can any of you moms who have been through it give me

some
advice? Will she be able to climb stairs? What can I do to make her as
comfortable as possible? TIA!

Be well,

Bryna
Mommy to Yosef, 3
& Temima, 1

I don't know about the stairs, I could of if I didn't have to carry anything
up or down with me but wouldn't of wanted to climb stairs....If you have
somewhere for her and the baby to sleep downstairs that is quiet I'd have
that ready for her,
I didn't need anything special except it's lovely if you don't have to fetch
meals or worry about cleaning and just have the time to spend looking after
the new baby, and a quiet place to rest when the baby is asleep.
Alissa

Old June 2nd 04, 02:58 PM
Leslie

It all depends on the person. I was in a lot of pain after my sections and
liked to spend a lot of time in bed with the baby and my painkillers. IT
helped me if others did things like changing diapers so I didn't have to bend
over. And just being there with her in case she feels blue is good too. :-)

Leslie
Old June 2nd 04, 04:11 PM
Fer

Bryna729 wrote:
|| My sister had her first baby last night, a girl! I'm so excited!
|| But she had to have a C-section after many, many hours of labor and
|| a few hours of pushing. We'd planned for her to spend the two weeks
|| after giving birth at my house to recover, and now I'm wondering
|| what special needs she might have due to having had a C-section.
|| Can any of you moms who have been through it give me some advice?
|| Will she be able to climb stairs? What can I do to make her as
|| comfortable as possible? TIA!
|| Be well,
|| Bryna
|| Mommy to Yosef, 3
|| & Temima, 1

First off.....Congrats to you and your sister!!!!!!! Secondly, I think what
you are doing for her is wonderful
Although I have never had a c-sec I was in a lot of pain after DS birth (3rd
degree tears) and I adored any help I could get! Being there to take care
of her (meals, changing the baby, giving her a break etc) I am sure will to
wonders for her recovery.

Jenn
-DS Feb'92
-DD Feb'97
-36 weeks!

Old June 2nd 04, 05:59 PM
Sophie

"Bryna729" wrote in message
My sister had her first baby last night, a girl! I'm so excited! But she

had
to have a C-section after many, many hours of labor and a few hours of

pushing.
We'd planned for her to spend the two weeks after giving birth at my

house to
recover, and now I'm wondering what special needs she might have due to

having
had a C-section. Can any of you moms who have been through it give me

some
advice? Will she be able to climb stairs? What can I do to make her as
comfortable as possible? TIA!

Be well,

Bryna
Mommy to Yosef, 3
& Temima, 1

Congrats.

I didn't need anything special, I just had to do things a bit more slowly
(like getting in and out of bed, up off the couch, etc...)

Old June 2nd 04, 08:12 PM
libbymom04

Recovering from my C-Section my DH just let me relax mostly. She doesn't
need to get up to much the incision needs time to heal. However she does
need to get up some to help the soreness. She doesn't need to climb stairs
the 1st week at least, if she must after that than be there to help her go
slow! She will be very sore, so mainly just help with the baby and make
sure she gets her sleep!

Old June 3rd 04, 12:15 AM
Christine

I hope she is like me....I recovered fine..;-)))

My C-Sec was may 16th, and I feel fine,
i'm NOT driving, and i'm still taking it easy....
but i'm in no pain...but i'm supposed to take it VERY easy for 4
weeks.....but I DO go up steps, but TRY to limit them!
and i'm not driving at all...or even going in the car,

good luck!
and congrats to your Sis.

http://www.growingfamily.com/webnurs...LID=9T8S0V9F5G

Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM
C- Section question The Huwe Family Pregnancy 15 August 29th 03 04:22 AM