Fight with a friend

Old December 2nd 03, 03:49 PM
Herself

Default Fight with a friend

badgirl wrote:

I'm in the Chicago area if you're ever close. I doubt you'd want to meet me
though, I'm awfully boring LOL

hehehe..yeah, but get us all into a room together, and we'd be
*classic*.

We recently had a wedding to deal with, my daughter was invited to be a Jr
Bridesmaid, the bride isn't one of my favorite people (ok, I can't stand the
high maintenance little bitch) but I made it an extreme point to behave
myself and put my feelings aside so that things would go as smoothly as
possible for my daughter and for the bride.

And I say that doing that makes everyone a better person. I bet the
b*tch didn't even try to be civil. :-)

I guess if it were someone in the mall or something making comments like
that I would have felt a little less strongly and not suggested such a
reaction, but this person is supposed to be a *friend*. Friends don't treat
eachother like that.

Exactly.

Ok, I'm now rambling

Yeah, but it's soooo much fun to read!!! :-)
--
'Tis Herself
Old December 2nd 03, 04:00 PM
iphigenia

AlenasMom wrote:
All the dresses are being custom made, and when we were
talking about how my bodice will lace up the front, she asked why. I
told her it was because I'll have to have access to nurse Alena.

Wow, sounds like a cool bridesmaid dress...

She turned really pale and asked if I was serious. I told her yes (in
a voice that meant no nonsense to everyone else) and tried to change
the subject. She must have done the math in her head and said: "Don't
you think that nursing at 10 months is a little excessive?"

*snort* Don't you feel powerful, that you can appall someone just by
nurturing your child? Man, I've never made someone turn pale, I'll have to
work on that...

She said that she
wasn't going to be in the wedding party if I was seriously going to
be nursing my toddler (since when is a ten month old a toddler????)
during the wedding!

Fine, let her leave.

I was so ****ed! I'm not planning on whipping it
out during their vows, but I will nurse her after the ceremony and
during the reception which is 6 hours long! She's mad at this!

I really like the idea of a matching sling being made : )

The worst was at dinner when she told, not asked!, me to go nurse in
the bathroom. I told her that we were nursing at the table and she
could mind her own business. I wasn't about to let my baby starve nor
eat in the bathroom by a disgusting garbage can no matter what she
said.

Good for you. I can't believe she has the nerve to TELL you what to do!

I think I've royally ticked her off now, but luckily the bride is pro
breastfeeding and is really supportive of me. She even insisted that
my bodice do up in the front to accommodate the baby's nursing.

That so rocks.

But I'm worried. I have to plan the bridal shower with this woman and
I just don't know what to say to her. She thinks nursing is
disgusting and shouldn't be done, ever.

Richard's got a good point - she's got some drama going on, I'd take the
high road, approach her, and ask if you can put your differences of opinion
aside and get this shower planned, and if she can't, then offer to bow out
of the shower planning.

She told me to my face that
she'll never nurse because she was formula fed and she's just fine,
and so was most of our generation and we're smarter, healthier and
stronger than previous generations. (Not all true at all.)

I'd probably end up saying something like "You can think that if you like,
but scores of medical data prove that you're entirely wrong..." purely out
of exasperation!

--
tristyn
www.tristyn.net

Old December 2nd 03, 04:23 PM
badgirl

"Herself" wrote in message
badgirl wrote:

We recently had a wedding to deal with, my daughter was invited to be a

Jr
Bridesmaid, the bride isn't one of my favorite people (ok, I can't stand

the
high maintenance little bitch) but I made it an extreme point to behave
myself and put my feelings aside so that things would go as smoothly as
possible for my daughter and for the bride.

And I say that doing that makes everyone a better person. I bet the
b*tch didn't even try to be civil. :-)

OMG that's a story all in itself. Let me just say you are SO right and by
the time it was over I was SEETHING. *smiling sweetly* But I still behaved,
not that she noticed.

Jen

Old December 2nd 03, 04:25 PM

badgirl wrote:

"Herself" wrote in message
badgirl wrote:

It's not her business who else is in the wedding party. It is the brides
decision not hers and if she has a problem with you doing what's healthy

for
both you and your child then let her leave the wedding party. Yes the

bride
will be conflicted but unfortunately that's unavoidable. Don't think

that by
you leaving instead that you will cause less stress on the bride,

obviously
she wants you both there or she wouldn't have invited you both. Let the

one
with the problem be the ass and walk out on the bride.

Well said!!!

Thank you

And IMO she is not *fine* she is an idiot and her behavior dictates that

all
too clearly. I feel sorry for any children she has, her attitude is

what's
disgusting. Snotty little stuck up twit needs to learn when to keep her
opinions to herself and not engage her mouth.

Damn...can't we have a world-wide meet? I gotta meet all of you!! This
is just...classic.

I'm in the Chicago area if you're ever close. I doubt you'd want to meet me
though, I'm awfully boring LOL

I'm in Chicagoland, too, and am also boring.

Manda
Old December 2nd 03, 04:26 PM
AlenasMom

"Herself" wrote in message
Karlee in Kansas wrote:

Stick with us...we will help you through it, even if it means that we

have
to call this chick en mass and open a can of whoopass on her.

Damn, I love this group.
--
'Tis Herself

Me too.

Old December 2nd 03, 04:30 PM
AlenasMom

"iphigenia" wrote in message
AlenasMom wrote:
All the dresses are being custom made, and when we were
talking about how my bodice will lace up the front, she asked why. I
told her it was because I'll have to have access to nurse Alena.

Wow, sounds like a cool bridesmaid dress...

They're absolutely beautiful! They're going to be green velvet and cream
satin There is a cutaway in the front of the skirt. I'll try not to use too
many technical terms just in case... There's a sweet heart collar and an
A-line skirt, and I'm so in love with it already!!!

She turned really pale and asked if I was serious. I told her yes (in
a voice that meant no nonsense to everyone else) and tried to change
the subject. She must have done the math in her head and said: "Don't
you think that nursing at 10 months is a little excessive?"

*snort* Don't you feel powerful, that you can appall someone just by
nurturing your child? Man, I've never made someone turn pale, I'll have

work on that...

Yes. It's great! I like doing it just by wearing a certain piece of jewelry
too.

She said that she
wasn't going to be in the wedding party if I was seriously going to
be nursing my toddler (since when is a ten month old a toddler????)
during the wedding!

Fine, let her leave.

I was so ****ed! I'm not planning on whipping it
out during their vows, but I will nurse her after the ceremony and
during the reception which is 6 hours long! She's mad at this!

I really like the idea of a matching sling being made : )

Me too. I'll probably do it for after the ceremony. We're going to be there
rather late, and Alena will need somewhere to sleep.

Old December 2nd 03, 05:29 PM
Sara

iphigenia wrote:

Richard's got a good point - she's got some drama going on, I'd take the
high road, approach her, and ask if you can put your differences of opinion
aside and get this shower planned, and if she can't, then offer to bow out
of the shower planning.

You all are so much more mature than I am. I want to encourage
AlenasMom to demonstrate that "in your face nursing" style we
discussed a few months ago...

--
Sara, accompanied by the napping barnacle
Old December 2nd 03, 05:34 PM
Lucy

Default Chicagoland mkb'ers

wrote in message ...
badgirl wrote:
I'm in the Chicago area if you're ever close. I doubt you'd want to meet

me
though, I'm awfully boring LOL

I'm in Chicagoland, too, and am also boring.

Manda

Me too. Where are you all? I'm in the west suburbs.

Old December 2nd 03, 05:49 PM
badgirl

"Lucy" wrote in message
wrote in message ...
badgirl wrote:
I'm in the Chicago area if you're ever close. I doubt you'd want to

meet
me
though, I'm awfully boring LOL

I'm in Chicagoland, too, and am also boring.

Manda

Me too. Where are you all? I'm in the west suburbs.

Woodridge here...SAHM, no schedule, no life LOL
Nicolas is 18 months.
Anyone wanna have a coffe/playdate kinda thing?

I'm gonna tell you first though that I smoke, so if that bugs you then it
might not be a good idea to meet. (and no I don't wanna hear it LOL)

Jen
*adding a few details just in case*

Old December 2nd 03, 06:15 PM
New York Jen

Just a thought...if you end up having it out with her...take our your boob
and give her a good squirt!

Ok, feeling aggravated, getting out some venom here...

back to your regularly scheduled programming...

- Jen
who just had an AWFUL hour in BJ's Wholesale with Laszlo who is a master at
the Terrible Two Dance...

"AlenasMom" wrote in message
.rogers.com...
Yesterday I was at the dress fitting for my friend's wedding. One of her
bride's maids is really uptight and "socially correct" about everything.
All the dresses are being custom made, and when we were talking about how
my bodice will lace up the front, she asked why. I told her it was because
I'll have to have access to nurse Alena.

She turned really pale and asked if I was serious. I told her yes (in a
voice that meant no nonsense to everyone else) and tried to change the
subject. She must have done the math in her head and said: "Don't you

think
that nursing at 10 months is a little excessive?"

I said no and told her that I plan to nurse until Alena's ready to wean
herself. She looked ill. She got up, excused herself and went into another
room. The bride went and asked her what was wrong. They were still in
hearing distance, but not sight. She said that she wasn't going to be in
[...]

shouldn't be done, ever. She told me to my face that she'll never nurse
because she was formula fed and she's just fine, and so was most of our
generation and we're smarter, healthier and stronger than previous
generations. (Not all true at all.)

Any advice???

--
Lina