ideas for posters

Old January 9th 04, 01:23 PM
Rosie

Default ideas for posters

The group I go to is trying to think of some ideas for bf posters for
National Breastfeeding week in May.

I'd like a poster of LARGE NAKED BREASTS with the strapline 'Not just for
selling beer' which I'm sure I nicked off someone in this group...

Anyone got any other ideas?

ROSIE

Old January 9th 04, 01:35 PM
Rob, Laura and Izabella

What our group did that we went to was took pictures of all of us
breastfeeding and of our babies and did a big poster will all of them there.

--
Laura, TTC #2
Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**

Old January 9th 04, 11:37 PM
Leslie

I think your idea is cute, but I think you should also include a picture of
someone nursing discreetly, to counteract the perception that bf is somehow
immodest.

Leslie
Old January 10th 04, 03:54 AM
JennP

"Rosie" wrote in message
The group I go to is trying to think of some ideas for bf posters for
National Breastfeeding week in May.

I'd like a poster of LARGE NAKED BREASTS with the strapline 'Not just for
selling beer' which I'm sure I nicked off someone in this group...

Anyone got any other ideas?

While I love iphig's slogan about the beer, I think that is a little *too*
attention-getting and unfortunately, it would attract the wrong type of
attention. I think an image with a mom and baby nursing in a loving way
would be received much better. JMO, of course.

--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old January 11th 04, 01:26 PM
teapot

"Rosie" wrote in message ...
The group I go to is trying to think of some ideas for bf posters for
National Breastfeeding week in May.

I'd like a poster of LARGE NAKED BREASTS with the strapline 'Not just for
selling beer' which I'm sure I nicked off someone in this group...

Anyone got any other ideas?

ROSIE

How about something about mummy milk coming in lovely packages?

teapot
Old January 11th 04, 07:17 PM
iphigenia

JennP wrote:

While I love iphig's slogan about the beer, I think that is a little
*too* attention-getting and unfortunately, it would attract the wrong
type of attention. I think an image with a mom and baby nursing in a
loving way would be received much better. JMO, of course.

I don't think I'd necessarily use that for a poster, myself : ) Maybe a
t-shirt, though...

I agree with the idea of portraying BF as a loving act. Have you seen Jack
Newman talking about how in materials put out by formula companies, the FF
mom is always clearly married with a husband snuggled up with her and the
baby and lots of eye contact made with the baby, whereas BF moms tend to be
shown alone with no wedding ring, not looking at the baby, and a lot more
exposed than they really need to be?

--
tristyn
www.tristyn.net

Old January 12th 04, 06:11 PM
Irene

"iphigenia" wrote in message ...
JennP wrote:

While I love iphig's slogan about the beer, I think that is a little
*too* attention-getting and unfortunately, it would attract the wrong
type of attention. I think an image with a mom and baby nursing in a
loving way would be received much better. JMO, of course.

I don't think I'd necessarily use that for a poster, myself : ) Maybe a
t-shirt, though...

I agree with the idea of portraying BF as a loving act. Have you seen Jack
Newman talking about how in materials put out by formula companies, the FF
mom is always clearly married with a husband snuggled up with her and the
baby and lots of eye contact made with the baby, whereas BF moms tend to be
shown alone with no wedding ring, not looking at the baby, and a lot more
exposed than they really need to be?

Not only ads, but also every single article I think I've ever seen
about breastfeeding has shown way more skin than I normally do! I
don't think I've *ever* seen a published photo of a mom bf'ing with
the "shirt pulled up" method that I and many, many other moms use!
Which may be why so many women think they need a shawl in order to bf
in public (which I've never done.)

Irene
Old January 12th 04, 09:48 PM
Rosie

How about something about mummy milk coming in lovely packages?

teapot

hehehe! That's very funny. There have been lots of discreet bf campaigns
(esp. last year - the Dept. of Health put out loads of this sort of
poster) - I was thinking of something more in-your-face and less 'earnest'.

ROSIE

Old January 13th 04, 07:17 PM
chris

Rosie wrote:
The group I go to is trying to think of some ideas for bf posters for
National Breastfeeding week in May.

I'd like a poster of LARGE NAKED BREASTS with the strapline 'Not just for
selling beer' which I'm sure I nicked off someone in this group...

Anyone got any other ideas?

ROSIE

Silly story....At family parties we make sure that everyone labels
their plastic drinking cups with their name/nickname/other identifier.
(helps everyone keep track of their drink and keeps folks from wasting
another cup because they can't find theirs.) I've taken to writing:
got boobie?
on mine. Cracks everyone up! I'm hoping my poor little guy isn't
going to be too messed up from having BF/"are you hungry?"/"wanna eat?"
being referred to as "Boobie? Want some boobie?"

Dunno you'd need permission from the milk folks. I've seen other
commercials using the got ____? phrase, so i dunno.

Chris.
(who is expecting boobie to be my little guy's first word

Old January 13th 04, 09:22 PM
zeldabee

chris was all, like:
I'm hoping my poor little guy isn't
going to be too messed up from having BF/"are you hungry?"/"wanna
eat?" being referred to as "Boobie? Want some boobie?"

I've wondered the same thing. BF is routinely referred to this way in my
house. It's cute, now, he's just starting to respond to the question with
clear anticipation.

Chris.
(who is expecting boobie to be my little guy's first word

Same here.

--
z e l d a b e e @ p a n i x . c o m
http://NewsReader.Com/