Massachusetts...$12% interest + 6% penalties

Old May 23rd 04, 03:10 PM
Editor -- Child Support News

Default Massachusetts...$12% interest + 6% penalties

I found this on their website...I thought Virginia was bad.

Old May 23rd 04, 06:59 PM
Dusty

"Editor -- Child Support News" wrote in
message ...
I found this on their website...I thought Virginia was bad.

Yupper! Nothing like getting hit with an interest rate that would make any
credit card company proud, eh?

But, oh does it get better... If you're $5k in the hole (for whatever
reason) you can kiss your drivers, professional and any other licenses good
by. Oh, and that passport you where using to go overseas and do company
work on.. you'll find a letter from the State Department in your mailbox
soon stating that your passport is no longer valid.

From my own personal experience with MA DOR/CSE, they are the biggest
sticks-in-the-mud I've ever had a conversation with. They absolutely will
not bargain or budge on anything. And good luck on getting a supervisor to
listen either.. You'd have better luck talking to a wall.

And I -used- to think the IRS was bad... at least they'll work with you!

Old May 24th 04, 01:03 PM
short

"Dusty" wrote in message
"Editor -- Child Support News" wrote in
message ...
I found this on their website...I thought Virginia was bad.

Yupper! Nothing like getting hit with an interest rate that would make

any
credit card company proud, eh?

But, oh does it get better... If you're $5k in the hole (for whatever
reason) you can kiss your drivers, professional and any other licenses

good
by. Oh, and that passport you where using to go overseas and do company
work on.. you'll find a letter from the State Department in your mailbox
soon stating that your passport is no longer valid.

From my own personal experience with MA DOR/CSE, they are the biggest
sticks-in-the-mud I've ever had a conversation with. They absolutely will
not bargain or budge on anything. And good luck on getting a supervisor

listen either.. You'd have better luck talking to a wall.

And I -used- to think the IRS was bad... at least they'll work with you!

I've always wondered.....if they are so hell bent on getting the money paid,
why do they pass laws to take away all the means to get and keep a job?

Oh look, I have to pay $6 grand. Now they're going to take any professional
licenses you might have, and your drivers license, so now you can't drive to
work. Makes sense, eh?

short

Old May 26th 04, 01:25 AM
PattymacI

From: "short"

Oh look, I have to pay $6 grand. Now they're going to take any professional
licenses you might have, and your drivers license, so now you can't drive to
work. Makes sense, eh?

Yes it does. Because you only lose your license if you're not paying anything
at all. Whether you can get to work or not is irrelevant if you aren't paying
anyway. .

Old May 26th 04, 01:25 AM
PattymacI

Old May 26th 04, 01:25 AM