Taxes

Old June 15th 04, 02:26 PM
Tiffany

Default Taxes

"P. Fritz" wrote in message

"Krista" wrote in message
news
My ex sent me an email recently saying that he wants to set up

something
where we swap claiming Damia for our taxes each year. He insinuated

that if
he were to take me back to court over the matter that he would

certainly
win.

I don't have a problem with that, but I do have a problem with the way

he
asked me about it. He has in the past threatened to take me back to

court
over things that he said would go his way that it turned out he was

wrong
on. And he's never *actually* taken me back to court, just used it as

threat to try to get me to capitulate without a "fight."

So, I'm curious now, is there really a "standard" of CPs and NCPs
alternating years claiming the shared child on their taxes? What's

your
experience?

He only wants to claim one out of the three you have? Since the oter

two
are get you the HOH deduction, why be selfish?

Probably because the other two are to a different man. Just my guess. lol

Old June 15th 04, 03:48 PM
Gini

In article , Krista says...

My ex sent me an email recently saying that he wants to set up something
where we swap claiming Damia for our taxes each year. He insinuated that if
he were to take me back to court over the matter that he would certainly
win.

I don't have a problem with that, but I do have a problem with the way he
asked me about it. He has in the past threatened to take me back to court
over things that he said would go his way that it turned out he was wrong
on. And he's never *actually* taken me back to court, just used it as a
threat to try to get me to capitulate without a "fight."

So, I'm curious now, is there really a "standard" of CPs and NCPs
alternating years claiming the shared child on their taxes? What's your
experience?

===
It may vary by jurisdiction (state). FL statutes grant judges discretion to
order the CP to waive the exemptions to the NCP if he/she is current in support.
===

--
Krista
Mother of three

(PLEASE NOTE: I never bottom-sign my posts.
Check Headers to Verify the Authenticity of This Post)

Old June 15th 04, 05:43 PM
Krista

"P. Fritz" wrote in message

"Krista" wrote in message
[...]

Well, one of them I'm not raising. She was adopted 8 years ago (I know you
didn't know that, just clarifying).

For one thing, we get EIC, and he makes to much to get it, so if he claims
her we lose out on that $2500 for that year. Because of our current
financial situation, that is an important influx of cash.

We live paycheck-to-paycheck and that enables us to get major service done
on our cars, pay for glasses prescriptions (which for both dh and I comes to
about $400 for eye exams, glasses for both of us and contacts for me), etc.
All that stuff that we really can't afford any other way.

Taking $2500 of that to give him MAYBE a $500 child tax credit...? I'd
rather just give him the $500 and not be out the other $2000 as well, but
I'm sure he won't agree to that.

Old June 15th 04, 05:46 PM
Krista

That's what *I* thought. I've heard over on alt.support.divorce about the
8332 form or whatever, that the CP signs to allow the NCP to claim the
child. I was really just asking because I was wondering if my ex was making
idle threats again or if he actually knew what he was talking about this
time.

--
Krista
Mother of three
Student of Psychology and Latin

Zimm wrote:

I think most people come to some sort of agreement based on how much
time the child is with each parent. If it's 50/50, then they should
take turns claiming said child on their taxes every other year. If
child is with one parent 75% and the other 25%, perhaps they could do
every two years or something like that. I don't think there is really a
'standard'.

Zimm

After 13 years, mom gets $66,000 in child support Editor -- Child Support News Child Support 81 June 19th 04 12:16 AM
Another special ed question Leandra General (moderated) 10 February 28th 04 08:39 PM
Tax Intercept agrich Child Support 90 December 9th 03 11:43 PM
Help Trying To Get Back Taxes Taken By Child Support Ana & Andre Child Support 1 July 28th 03 06:44 AM
Moving to another state Laurie General 31 July 16th 03 12:48 PM