The root of all evil

Old July 30th 04, 12:16 AM
witchwirsen

Default The root of all evil

Wow, I didn't even know that Google had message boards, just stumbled
upon this accidentally the other night.
My favorites are the child support boards...why? Because I love to
read about the woes of irresponsible men who haphazardly leave thier
reproductive cells (sperm, if you will) lying about in any receptacle
they find appealing and then when the appeal wears off they whine
about having to provide support to the life that they created.
It's an issue that is as old as time itself, I will assume...who is
responsible, and what should happen if you don't WANT to be
responsible?
It all seems pretty clear to me, for those who don't WANT the
responsibility, keep your sperm to yourself. Deposit your emissions
in the shower or get the snip. Though for some men I would highly
recommend a lobotomy instead.
By now you are probably thinking that I am one of those freakish
feminist types. Guess again. I am a humanist. I believe that your
body is yours, and what is contained within your body belongs to you,
male or female. Makes no difference. HOWEVER (I know I'll hear alot
of bitching about this one)the main difference that I see between men
and women is that woman do not go around emitting thier reproductive
cells by the millions and leaving them in inappropriate places, places
where they may very well develop into lives that have to be cared for.
My husband has two children. Grown, productive members of society.
He decided in short order that he only wanted two, no more. Snip,
snip. And from there he never had to worry about accidental or
unwanted pregnancy again. He has never paid one penny of child
support in his 60 years of life...he made them, he cared for them and
raised them, and now he is blissful in the knowledge that he no longer
has to worry.
Other men, especially the whiners, could use my spouse as an example
of intelligent and responsible adult choices.
I, myself, raised two children as well. I left thier father when they
were infants. I never even filed for child support. Neither did I
ever receive child support. The father who so wanted those children
never offered it either.
I don't see any gray area in this issue. It takes two cells to create
a child. One must come from a male source, one from a female source.
If a woman does not want children she will generally use some form of
birth control. I have never known of a woman relying on a man to
prevent a pregnancy. If a man wishes to avoid creating a life he
simply trusts that the female has taken measures to prevent pregnancy
and goes about things in the usual way. I would be more convinced
that a man was serious about not wanting children were he to subject
himself to vasectomy, use condoms, etc (yes, there is a male 'pill'
now on the market). In extreme cases, when a man is very very certain
that he can reproduce and wishes not to he will refrain from having
intercourse altogether. I've dated responsible men who did exactly
that and I respect them greatly.
There still stands the issue of accidental pregnancy that is unwanted
by either one or both of the parents.
Of course, a man could never be expected to understand the need of a
woman to raise a child that resided in her body for almost a full
year, and I wouldn't expect them to and in those cases I say if the
father does not want to care for the child, the best thing you can do
as a woman for your child is simply ask for the father to relinquish
his rights and raise the child on your own. If your main concern is
caring for a child you love then do not subject that child to
interaction with a father that will only make him/her feel unwanted
and unloved.
If you are a father who was in a relationship that produced children
and then decided when the relationship was over that you no longer
cared for the child/children then I say tough ****. You can't be a
parent one day and then decide the next day that you don't want to be
a parent.
In both cases you are dealing with a life. A life that you created, a
life that you are responsible for. If one parent is too selfish, too
stingy, too childish, too assinine to care for the child then you can
take it upon yourself to be the adult in the situation and do the
right thing. It won't hurt, I promise. And the less you cry and
whine about it the better of a human being you will be. Honest injun.
Then there are the people who feel they are being taken to the
cleaners when it woud never really cost what you are paying in support
to care for a child. To those people I sat this...some of you are
being railroaded. Some of you are simply selfish *******s. If you
make $120k per year, and you pay even $20k of that to child support
you are providing for your child. If the mother doesn't use the money
for what is intended I suggest you take some of that $100k you have
left and hire an attorney to petition the courts to grant your child a
guaridian to disperse those funds for your childs needs appropriately.
If that doesn't turn some heads then get a lower paying job until your
child reaches maturity. It would just mean that much less 'extra' for
your ex to spend.
Lastly, I would like to say this...grow up. You can't live the rest
of your lives being little kids who can't tell the difference between
right and wrong. Temper tantrums get you nowhere. Bitching like a
girl on a message board get you nothing. Consider what is the right
thing to do, then get off your ass and do it. Take into account that
you are responsible for your own actions, whether that be not paying
our court ordered child support, or negligently reproducing a child
that you don't care for. Then, after you take those factors into
account, do what you have to do, there are many more ways that you
could be 'paying' for the things that you have done...personally I
believe that putting out cash for a few years is the least devastating
way to pay.
Old July 30th 04, 12:35 AM
Phil #3

It is rare one can witness so much bigotry, venom and incorrect assumptions
in one post. Trust me, you are a feminist regardless your claim otherwise
because if it quacks and walks like a duck....
Phil #3

m...

Old July 30th 04, 12:37 AM
Pammie1

Wow, I didn't even know that Google had message boards, just stumbled
upon this accidentally the other night.
My favorites are the child support boards...why? Because I love to
read about the woes of irresponsible men who haphazardly leave thier
reproductive cells (sperm, if you will) lying about in any receptacle
they find appealing and then when

-----------------

OKAY we can close down this chat line. It has all been summed up. This
to dedicated to all the Dead Beats in the world. So stop Bitching like a
Girl BOB.

Pammie

Old July 30th 04, 12:41 AM
Deserted Dad

witchwirsen wrote:
Wow, I didn't even know that Google had message boards, just stumbled
upon this accidentally the other night.

rest of ignorant flamebait bulls**t snipped

This post has to be a joke....has to be. Nobody is this clueless.

Lady, if by some chance you are real and not a troll, you seriously need
to bend over and kiss your own ass, because you sure as hell aren't even
worthy enough to kiss mine.

---
The Deserted Dad