Question about planned c-section

Old October 7th 03, 01:00 AM
Ollie

Default Question about planned c-section

I am faced with a dilemma. Do I do a repeat c-section with the second child
or VBAC. C-section for first birth due to breech baby after labor and
contractions started, no pushing - 6 cm dialted then nurse felt feet, then
c-section.

My question is....how does the body know the baby is out and breasts ready
to produce milk? I am wondering this because the baby is not ready to come
out just yet as labor had not started.

Thanks in advance

Old October 7th 03, 01:04 AM
Daye

On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 00:00:48 GMT, "Ollie" wrote:

My question is....how does the body know the baby is out and breasts ready
to produce milk?

I think, it has to do with the removal of the placenta. It signals
the hormones to start the breast milk making process.

I could be wrong though.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan
Old October 7th 03, 01:07 AM
H Schinske

On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 00:00:48 GMT, "Ollie" wrote:

My question is....how does the body know the baby is out and breasts ready
to produce milk?

I think, it has to do with the removal of the placenta. It signals
the hormones to start the breast milk making process.

That is absolutely correct. Retained placental fragments can cause the milk to
fail to come in, in fact.

--Helen
Old October 7th 03, 01:52 AM
Sophie

"Ollie" wrote in message
. net...
I am faced with a dilemma. Do I do a repeat c-section with the second

child
or VBAC. C-section for first birth due to breech baby after labor and
contractions started, no pushing - 6 cm dialted then nurse felt feet,

then
c-section.

My question is....how does the body know the baby is out and breasts ready
to produce milk? I am wondering this because the baby is not ready to

come
out just yet as labor had not started.

Thanks in advance

Go for a VBAC. Get the facts, don't be scared, and try it.

I've had 3 c-sections. I used to be the Queen of C-sections here, till my
3rd. It was planned before I was even pregnant and it went wrong.

If you have that 2nd one, you'll be locked into having c-sections. Yeah
some Drs are okay with a VBAC after 2 c-sections, but it ends up being
easier to just do what you know. Don't risk it. If you want more
children, try the VBAC. I now can only have 4 children, and I got 3 Drs'
opinions before deciding it was safe to TTC #4. Do you want to have to do
that?

You'll do what you want but I can't stress enough how much I wish I hadn't
been a big chicken now and had tried a VBAC after my first c-section.

As for the milk, with all 3 it came in on day 5. It will come in.

Old October 7th 03, 02:13 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Ollie wrote:

I am faced with a dilemma. Do I do a repeat c-section with the second child
or VBAC. C-section for first birth due to breech baby after labor and
contractions started, no pushing - 6 cm dialted then nurse felt feet, then
c-section.

It's a personal choice. The primary concern with VBAC
is the risk of uterine rupture, which is slightly increased
when compared with the risk of uterine rupture in a woman
who's had a previous vaginal birth. It is apparently, however,
not higher than the risk of rupture in a first birth as long
as you avoid induction or augmentation of labor. Your having
labored before and the fact that your previous c-section wasn't
for anything that would be likely to cause trouble again are
definitely factors in your favor for a VBAC. Most studies
show that upwards of 70 percent of VBAC attempts are successful,
and your history makes your chances of success probably even
higher.

My question is....how does the body know the baby is out and breasts ready
to produce milk?

I believe it's the removal of the placenta.

I am wondering this because the baby is not ready to come
out just yet as labor had not started.

Even if you choose a repeat c-section, you can

always wait until labor has started to do it. That way
you know that the baby is ready to come.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old October 7th 03, 04:00 AM
Marie

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 20:52:21 -0400, "Sophie"
wrote:
I've had 3 c-sections. I used to be the Queen of C-sections here, till my
3rd. It was planned before I was even pregnant and it went wrong.

Are you going for a vbac this time Sophie? What happened isn't likely
to happen again, though, right? What caused it?
Marie
Old October 7th 03, 12:18 PM
Sophie

wrote:
I've had 3 c-sections. I used to be the Queen of C-sections here, till

my
3rd. It was planned before I was even pregnant and it went wrong.

Are you going for a vbac this time Sophie?

Oh my goodness no, I absolutely can not go into labor.

What happened isn't likely
to happen again, though, right? What caused it?
Marie

What's not likely to happen? What went wrong was I had no anesthesia.
Better not happen again - lol.
My uterus was pretty thin when I had my last c-section. 3 Drs said it would
be safe to have another just my scar will have to be monitored, and maybe an
early c-section.

As it is now I'm on Day 35. I'd just like to get AF so I can get on with
month #2

Old October 7th 03, 02:12 PM
Marie

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 07:18:53 -0400, "Sophie"
wrote:
"Marie" wrote in message
.. .
Are you going for a vbac this time Sophie?

Oh my goodness no, I absolutely can not go into labor.

What happened isn't likely
to happen again, though, right? What caused it?
Marie

What's not likely to happen? What went wrong was I had no anesthesia.
Better not happen again - lol.

I thought you had it but it did not work? I was asking if it was
likely that it wouldn't happen that way again.

My uterus was pretty thin when I had my last c-section. 3 Drs said it would
be safe to have another just my scar will have to be monitored, and maybe an
early c-section.
As it is now I'm on Day 35. I'd just like to get AF so I can get on with
month #2

Oh I am confused! i thought you were already pregnant. Well not much
longer I think ;o)
Marie
Old October 7th 03, 02:28 PM
Sophie

I thought you had it but it did not work? I was asking if it was
likely that it wouldn't happen that way again.

I think it was the fault of the anesthesiologist, not my reaction to the
anesthetic. He was too interested in the surgery and not me. So *we'll*
have to make sure it doesn't happen again. I will get started with an OB
from the get-go and make sure *everyone* is aware of what happened last
time. If we don't go to a civilian Dr instead.

Oh I am confused! i thought you were already pregnant. Well not much
longer I think ;o)
Marie

Nah, not yet. Wacky cycle plus Dylan's away - surprise - lol.

Old October 7th 03, 11:19 PM
Daye

wrote:

I've had 3 c-sections. I used to be the Queen of C-sections here, till my
3rd.

I remember that your 3rd c-section was pretty bad. I didn't realize
that you were thinking this way. {{{{{{{{{Sophie}}}}}}}}}}

Don't risk it. If you want more
children, try the VBAC.

This is my problem. I only want 2 children, and I planned to have
tubal after I give birth to this child. If I was planning to have
more, I would have the VBAC because I know that they don't like to do
more than about 2-3 c-sections.

My dilemma is this: do I go with what I know. I am not afraid of
another c-section. I know what to expect. Or do I try a VBAC and
possibly fail and have to have a c-section anyway? I am afraid that I
will fail and end up being cut anyway.

I am leaning towards a repeat c-section at the moment.

Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM
C- Section question The Huwe Family Pregnancy 15 August 29th 03 04:22 AM