Length of Christmas Break

Old January 2nd 06, 06:54 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids

Default Length of Christmas Break

Sue wrote:

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message

I don't know about the kids, but *I* need the break
from their schooling! Mine got off the 22nd and have to go
back the 3rd, and I really want the full two week break we
usually get. I'm not ready for the rat race to start again.

I needed that extra time to get ready for Christmas ;o)

Since the girls are older now, I am not so involved in them getting ready
and out the door, so I wasn't feeling like I had to have a break. Our
district has so many days off that it is getting just ridiculous. Having
them off so long for Christmas just means that they fight more and get bored
more easily. The less time they have off means they are being kept occupied
and are with their friends and less chance to be bored, at least for my
kids. )

Yes, mine are getting on each other's nerves too, but isn't it nice to
have a break from middle school projects and homework? :-)

Lesley

Old January 2nd 06, 09:12 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated

"Scott" wrote in message

The schools here this year have a *very* short break. DD and
DS were in school all day on Friday the 23rd (!!) and they
return on Wednesday the 3rd.

Sounds normal to me. We had a full day Friday the 23rd, and the kids go
back tomorrow (barring a delay or cancellation from tonights snow/ice storm)
Tuesday the 3rd.

Old January 3rd 06, 01:57 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 12:54:47 EST, Lesley
wrote:

Yes, mine are getting on each other's nerves too, but isn't it nice to
have a break from middle school projects and homework? :-)

You have a break? Someone on k-12.chat.teacher was just complaining
about her middle school daughter's holiday homework - a group project.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits

Old January 3rd 06, 04:28 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids

I'm in Toronto, and my three kids got off the end of the day of Friday
Dec 23 and they go back Monday Jan 9 (two in primary grades, one in
high school).

Sadly, I have to go back to work tomorrow. Waaaaah!

M.

Old January 3rd 06, 12:50 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated

My son's last day was Thursday the 22nd (a day earlier this year) and
they go back on Jan 9th. Its as always tough for us to find child care
coverage - this year my dh and I alternated taking time off, othertimes
we import the grandparents etc. I hate to send him to a camp full
time during winter break because I think he needs the time away from
organized activities, but I can see he is somewhat bored already..
I'll be taking him to some museums etc. this week.

Old January 3rd 06, 03:36 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated

S_S wrote:

[..snip] ... I think he needs the time away from
organized activities, but I can see he is somewhat bored already..
I'll be taking him to some museums etc. this week.

I think having a child learn how to deal with
boredom by themselves is a great skill to impart.
DD and DS will both either draw or read when
they have little else to do but complain about
how little there is to do.

scott DD 12 and DS 9.9

Old January 3rd 06, 08:19 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids

In article ,
Chookie wrote:

Our holidays started 22 Dec. School starts next year on 1 Feb.

It's their summer vacation, right? When does a new school year start?
Here in the US, it's in September -- after the long summer vacation.
--
Sara
accompanied by TK, number two, due in April of 2006

Quoting, for users of Google Groups:
http://groups.google.com/support/bin...4213&topic=250

Old January 3rd 06, 11:40 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids

Our long vacation in Canada is like the US. It starts in later June and
runs to after Labour Day (first Monday in September).

Our kids get two weeks at Christmas, a week or two during what used to
be an Easter vacation, but now is sort of a later winter, early spring
break, and then two months in the summer (July/August).

M.

Old January 3rd 06, 11:40 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids

"Anonymama" wrote in message
In article ,
Chookie wrote:

Our holidays started 22 Dec. School starts next year on 1 Feb.

It's their summer vacation, right? When does a new school year start?
Here in the US, it's in September -- after the long summer vacation.
--
Sara
accompanied by TK, number two, due in April of 2006

Quoting, for users of Google Groups:
http://groups.google.com/support/bin...4213&topic=250

The new scholl year starts in Feb, here in NZ it's the 8th of Feb they go
back.

--
Pip

My girls :
DD2 Abby - 8 weeks early now 10.5 months and has just learned to crawl
DD1 Jasmine - 5 weeks early now 3.75 yrs Favourite saying "I'm a big girl
cause I go to school Kindy"

"Inside me is a skinny women screaming to get out........but I can normally
keep the b*tch quiet with cookies"