Good post on why it's GOOD to lower the CS incentives/budget to states

Old May 31st 07, 06:27 AM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

Default Good post on why it's GOOD to lower the CS incentives/budget to states

http://www.fightfoc.com/serendipity/...forcement.html

I wonder if ANYONE in the state of Texas has actually received numbers
of Title IV child support orders enforced vs. NON Title IV orders
enforced...hmmm...

Does anyone know if there is a way of getting this from the AGs office?

Old May 31st 07, 08:24 PM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"whatamess" wrote in message
ups.com...

http://www.fightfoc.com/serendipity/...On-Title-IV-D-
Child-Support-Enforcement.html

I wonder if ANYONE in the state of Texas has actually received numbers
of Title IV child support orders enforced vs. NON Title IV orders
enforced...hmmm...

Does anyone know if there is a way of getting this from the AGs office?

I think you are asking about TANF orders versus non-TANF orders. All orders
enforced by the states are part of the IV-D program. Here is where to get
the numbers:

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cse/index.html

Click on Reports, click on 2006 Preliminary Report, then scroll down and
click on State Box Scores.

The Texas numbers for caseloads a

TANF orders - 81,388 - 8.3%
non-TANF orders - 899,109 - 91.7%
Total orders - 980,497

Old May 31st 07, 08:40 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in

The Texas numbers for caseloads a

TANF orders - 81,388 - 8.3%
non-TANF orders - 899,109 - 91.7%
Total orders - 980,497

Horrifying, a million people under the direct control of the government,
multiply that by the number of states and that's a good chunk of the working
people that are at the mercy of these clowns.

America, land of the free, what a hoax! LOL

Old May 31st 07, 09:19 PM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"DB" wrote in message

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in

The Texas numbers for caseloads a

TANF orders - 81,388 - 8.3%
non-TANF orders - 899,109 - 91.7%
Total orders - 980,497

Horrifying, a million people under the direct control of the government,
multiply that by the number of states and that's a good chunk of the

working
people that are at the mercy of these clowns.

America, land of the free, what a hoax! LOL

The nationwide CS caseload was 15,844,238 in 2006

The point of the blog is the same as we have discussed here previously.
Nationwide current public assistance cases represent 14.7% of the total CS
caseload. But current public assistance dollars disbursements represent
only 4.1% of the dollars collected.

The Federal OCSE is a total failure and the budget cuts are justified since
the intended results are not being delivered. Public money is being used to
cover-up government failures and inflate the CS collection results to give
the appearance of program success.

Old May 31st 07, 10:22 PM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

On May 31, 3:24 pm, "Bob Whiteside" wrote:
"whatamess" wrote in message

ups.com...

http://www.fightfoc.com/serendipity/...olland-On-Titl...
Child-Support-Enforcement.html

I wonder if ANYONE in the state of Texas has actually received numbers
of Title IV child support orders enforced vs. NON Title IV orders
enforced...hmmm...

Does anyone know if there is a way of getting this from the AGs office?

I think you are asking about TANF orders versus non-TANF orders. All orders
enforced by the states are part of the IV-D program. Here is where to get
the numbers:

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cse/index.html

Click on Reports, click on 2006 Preliminary Report, then scroll down and
click on State Box Scores.

The Texas numbers for caseloads a

TANF orders - 81,388 - 8.3%
non-TANF orders - 899,109 - 91.7%
Total orders - 980,497

Yes, thank you for understanding what I was saying...sorry, a bit
stressed reading
all this garbage last night...

So as always, with statistics, you can make them be anything you want
to make them be...

In addition to these HORRENDOUS numbers, I'd love to know what
percentage
of TANF orders do they actually collect CS for...you know, I have a
feeling that is even lower
than that darn 8.3%...

Basically, this only states that of the CS they collect, 8.3% are TANF
orders...I really
don't care much about that...What I want to know is...

1. How many TANF orders are in Texas?
2. Of those TANF orders, how many does the state actually collect CS
for?
3. Of the 91.7% that they collect CS for, would those children be
eligible for TANF
if the CPs did NOT collect that CS money? Or would their salaries be
so high,
that even without the CS, they would not qualify for any type of
government assistance...
I have a feeling, that's much more like it...
4. Also, out of those orders that the state collects, if the CPs did
not receive the
CS, would they be entitled to TANF based SOLELY on the CPs income and
the child for which the CS order is done? Or would they qualify for
TANF ONLY when
they add up the other 2-3 children they've had ever since they
separated from
the first dad...Honestly, my husband's ex would NOT go on welfare or
qualify if she
did not receive child support for his child...When they consider her
income and one child,
the only one he should be responsible for, she would not qualify...Now
if you add the
other two that the irresponsible CP has had since, then maybe she
would qualify...
But, how is that the NCPs fault?

I just think these numbers are used for what they want, just as the
other
post stated...

Old May 31st 07, 11:07 PM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

ups.com...
"whatamess" wrote in message

[...]

Why don't you look at the cite I posted to get answers to your questions?
There are 81,388 TANF orders in Texas.

2. Of those TANF orders, how many does the state actually collect CS
for?

That statisitc is not part of the Texas Box Score. However, TANF dollars
collected are 0.9% of the total collected in Texas. The blog you posted
points out this discrepency. In Texas the TANF CS orders are 8.3% of the
total CS orders being managed by the state. The dollars collected on those
TANF orders only represent 0.9% of the total CS dollars collected. To my
knowledge, the states do not report numbers of CS orders collected by full
amount, partial amount, or zero. Instead, they report total orders and
dollars by CS order type.

3. Of the 91.7% that they collect CS for, would those children be
eligible for TANF
if the CPs did NOT collect that CS money? Or would their salaries be
so high,
that even without the CS, they would not qualify for any type of
government assistance...
I have a feeling, that's much more like it...

TANF eligibility is determined separately from CS awards. The 91.7% not on
TANF would still not be on TANF if no CS was collected. TANF recipients
endorse their CS payments over to the state to reimburse the state for the
public money benefits.

4. Also, out of those orders that the state collects, if the CPs did
not receive the
CS, would they be entitled to TANF based SOLELY on the CPs income and
the child for which the CS order is done? Or would they qualify for
TANF ONLY when
they add up the other 2-3 children they've had ever since they
separated from
the first dad...Honestly, my husband's ex would NOT go on welfare or
qualify if she
did not receive child support for his child...When they consider her
income and one child,
the only one he should be responsible for, she would not qualify...Now
if you add the
other two that the irresponsible CP has had since, then maybe she
would qualify...

See answer to number 3.