She never gets enough money!

Old June 2nd 07, 04:06 PM posted to alt.child-support
Roger_N

Default She never gets enough money!

My child support has been raised as my income has raised, my ex now gets
over 310% more than she did when she left me. She's always calling me or my
mother wanting more money for school supplies, clothes, car repair, car
insurance, etc.. She gets 32% of my income tax free and last year claimed
all 3 daughters as her dependants (after verbaly stating in court that I
could claim one). She bought herself a sport car and my daughters have to
work while in high school so they can pay their own way. And now she's
calling me again wanting money to get my daughters car fixed. My employer
has cut wages and benefits. I spent 3 months in the Hospital and she still
got all her child support. I have diabetes and the co-pays on doctor
visits, insulin, syringes, test strips, needles, etc. have me tight on
money. I pay for family health insurance to cover my kids and she gets the
co-pays paid by public aid (she doesn't have to claim CS as income). Anyway
I'm tired of it, I wrote her a letter telling her if she needed money to
work for it like I have to and stop trying to mooch it off of others. I
invited her to take me back to court if she wants more money but told her I
would ask the judge to consider the situation, and the CS might even be
lowered.

Old June 2nd 07, 04:36 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Roger_N" wrote in

I invited her to take me back to court if she wants more money but told
her I would ask the judge to consider the situation, and the CS might even
be lowered.

They call it an "obligation" to allow them to play with words! You need to
be smart and learn how to play their game.

First thing you need to do is only pay what you can afford so that you don't
get convicted of willfully not paying CS.
Second, file for a downward motion as there had been a significant change in
circumstance of your income and health expenses. You need to let the judge
see you have been making an effort to paying and honoring their court order,
but they.re not going to do you any favours if you show willful contempt.

3rd, don't pay for anything else beyond CS money, it's meant to pay for your
kid's expenses and explain that to the kids too as they are old enough to
comprehend the situation.

This is the best part, Tell the bitch the free ride is over! You owe her
nothing past CS money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old June 2nd 07, 06:32 PM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"Roger_N" wrote in message
[...]

You are not the first NCP father to hear this kind of "poor me" story from a
CP. I would make sure your mother, your children, and your ex get the
following message from you:

CS is based on what intact families report as their actual spending on
children expenditures. Therefore, CS awards assume one parent has the
children 100% of the time. Remind her she has an obligation to support the
children too. When you add your share and her share together there is $xxx
per month to support the children. It's up to her to budget the available
money correctly.

Old June 2nd 07, 06:43 PM posted to alt.child-support
Relayer[_2_]

On Jun 2, 12:32?pm, "Bob Whiteside" wrote:
"Roger_N" wrote in message

[...]

money correctly.- Hide quoted text -

That is not true. Some states (mine for example) have absolutely NO
provision or requirement that a CP has ANY kind of obligation to
support the children. None. So it depends on his state.

Old June 2nd 07, 07:08 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"Roger_N" wrote
I pay for family health insurance to cover my kids and she gets the
co-pays paid by public aid (she doesn't have to claim CS as income).

==
??

Old June 2nd 07, 08:26 PM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

ups.com...
"Roger_N" wrote in message

[...]

There are legal differences between "duty of support for minor children" and
how CS is calculated. My guess is your state will have a duty of support
law.

One of the flaws in the percentage of income state CS calculation
methodology is that method only considers the obligor's income. The
calculation methodology gives the impression CP's are not required to
support their children. But that does not change the CP's obligation to
provide their share of the duty of support.

The 1984-87 National Child Support Guidelines Project advisory panel did not
approve the percentage of obligor CS methodology because it does not state a
specific CS obligation amount for the CP. Several states had legal
challenges to the percent of income method and the court's ruled the states
can use a percentage to calculate a CS award, but the award must be stated
in fixed dollars, not a percent of income that caused the awards to
fluctuate based on income from commissions, pay increases, and other reasons
for income variables.

Old June 3rd 07, 04:20 AM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

ups.com...

"Roger_N" wrote in message

[...]

for income variables.- Hide quoted text -

Regardless of what type of CS methodology is used, NO STATE requires
that
CPs financially support their children...period. If they indeed
REQUIRED CPs to
financially support their children, they would put them in jail the
day they lost their
jobs, quit their jobs or did not spend X amount of money on their
children.
A CP can live with friends, rent free or do as they please...work or
not work...
and regardless of what they decide to do, even if income is imputed,
they are
NOT sent to jail for not providing for their children...they get
welfare for that.

Old June 3rd 07, 05:08 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"whatamess" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 2, 3:26 pm, "Bob Whiteside" wrote:

ups.com...

"Roger_N" wrote in message

[...]

I don't disagree with your sentiment, but 11 states have laws requiring
accountability of how CS is spent. And every state has a law requiring
parents to provide a duty of support for minor children. The issue is these
laws are never inforced.

If they indeed
REQUIRED CPs to
financially support their children, they would put them in jail the
day they lost their
jobs, quit their jobs or did not spend X amount of money on their
children.
A CP can live with friends, rent free or do as they please...work or
not work...
and regardless of what they decide to do, even if income is imputed,
they are
NOT sent to jail for not providing for their children...they get
welfare for that.

So the question becomes why are CP contributions to child support assumed to
be paid while NCP contributions to child support are so closely monitored?

The problems I see are in how the parents are treated under the law versus
their responsibility to provide child support.

Old June 3rd 07, 01:24 PM posted to alt.child-support
Roger_N

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message

So the question becomes why are CP contributions to child support assumed
be paid while NCP contributions to child support are so closely monitored?

The problems I see are in how the parents are treated under the law versus
their responsibility to provide child support.

And, when I was in the hospital, Child Support was still demanded. It's
difficult to get a petition to modify and go to court when you're in
intensive care.

My two oldest daughters are 16 and 17 years old, still in high school.
Their Grandmother on her side sold them a car for payments. Anyway my ex
makes my daughters work to make their car payments and insurance payments.
During the school year, they are out working until 12:30 at night and have
to get up at 6:00AM the next morning to go to school. Meanwhile, she trades
in her car for a sported up Mustang so that "her ex boyfriend won't
recognize her car", that works until he drives by her house and sees the new
car. I personally feel that the kids shouldn't have to work while in
school, my teenage children put in 16 hour days between school and work. I
could buy both of the daughters a nice used car and pay their insurance for
less than half of what she gets in child support.

Since she can't properly support and take care of the girls, think I'd have
a chance of getting custody of them? She could pay me 32% of her income! I
could spend more on the girls than she does and still spend less than what I
do on child support.

Old June 3rd 07, 03:09 PM posted to alt.child-support
Roger_N

"Gini" wrote in message

"Roger_N" wrote
I pay for family health insurance to cover my kids and she gets the
co-pays paid by public aid (she doesn't have to claim CS as income).

==
??

There is a co-pay of $25 on doctor visits, $150 on ER visits, $10-$20 on
prescription drugs. I have to pay these co-pays for my household. For
her, the co-pays are paid by public aid or medical card or something. I
got in trouble at work because she was having the pharmacy submit the
bills to public aid instead of the insurance first. Public aid sent a
letter to my work wanting the money, my employer paid it because the
insurance refused to, I ended up having to pay ~$300 in co-pays for her
illegal actions. I'm not sure if Public Aid medical or whatever counts
CS, but most forms I've seen don't require you to submit CS as income.
I know for tax purposes, she doesn't have to claim CS as income and I
don't get to claim it as an expense.