Worried Mom

Old November 17th 03, 12:46 AM
Joelle

Default Worried Mom

when my wife did something outside the
gender roles current western society has defined as a norm she used to crow
as well but I would be hard put to identify any specifics a

Once I shoveled the driveway and boy I don't think my husband heard the end of
that for about 6 months.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle
Old November 18th 03, 08:47 PM
Dennis Here

'Kate 'Kate wrote in message ...

Housework is woman's work and if a man
does it

He is far more pleasing in bed to his spouse, according to a survey I read a
week or so ago.

Dennis

Old November 19th 03, 07:38 PM
Dennis Here

'Kate 'Kate wrote in message ...

Wow.. what an incredibly hard group to find data on! I hadn't realized,
in comparison, how many studies are generated by single-mother homes and
nothing on single-father homes. Literally nothing.

That is one of the reasons I spend time on this newsgroup. It is the only
resource I have found where I can be in regular contact with other single
fathers.
I will never forget the lonely, almost desperate times during the first few
years. Just knowing there were others out there seemed to help somehow.

I found a nice
article in the New York Times based on US Census info, info that I have
too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/06/17/na...8872400&en=6f7

663cc5ead9589&ei=5070

Note that it says that when fathers have custody, they're asked "What's
wrong with the mother?"

Yeah, that was a regular question when Freddie was a baby and toddler.
Hasn't been asked for a year or so now though.

You'll have to log in to get the article (likely) but the subscription
is free.

Thanks for that. I'll have a good look when I have some time. Life is still
frantic ATM.

This was on one of the father's rights websites:
http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cache...o-state.edu/un

its/research/archive/singpar.htm+income+single+father+households&hl=en& ie=UT
F-8
snip

“People have assumed that the sex of the parent has a major effect on
children’s development, but we found that isn’t the case,” he said.

Re-assuring, but I think that in my situation, I already new it.

“Researchers need to focus on other factors, such as family resources,
which seem to have a real impact.”

Any single parent could have told them that!

Dennis