I thought I would share with this group the result of a survey

Old September 16th 05, 09:40 PM
trimarco52

Default I thought I would share with this group the result of a survey

Hi,

I am the owner of the Stay Dry Bedwetting Group, and I thought I would
share with this group the result of a survey. I hope it will provide
some insight into this issues.

The following is a summary of past post on Survey :

What dose bedwetting mean to you?

1)To some it means being feeling a lone.

Nicholas 11b - it is crazy and i feel dumb

Chris 13g ------- Having to put diapers on before bed then having to
deal with the Wet diapers to deal with each morning.

Peter 13b -- Bedwetting means to me i'm not able to go to sleepovers.

Travis 12b -- For me bedwetting meant many many disappointed mornings,
and a tough way to start each day.

Guilherme 16b - is a problem to wake up in the mornig and have the bed
with pee

Jill 17g -------- Means I've lost out on childhood, no sleepovers,
camping, etc.

2)To some it means being feeling a lone.

Nicholas 11b - I feel sad all the time.

Chris 13g ------- I know I am not alone but I still feel ashamed

Peter 13b ------ Sometimes bedwetting makes you feel alone, you are
afraid to tell somebody about. So you are a litle social isolated

Travis 12b - I used to feel alone because I was "different" from the
other kids and could never go to sleepovers and was never totally
accepted in the group.

Guilherme 16b - yes, but is importnat to my my famile support

Jill 17g ---------- For most of the time, until recently, I did feel
alone.

3)To some it feeling like a baby.

Nicholas 11b - I do not feel like a baby

Chris 13g - -------I do not feel like a baby I may have to wear diapers
but I know many more older kids and adults do also

Peter 13b --------Babys do also wear diapers. I'm used to my diapers
now and i accept them as usual underwaer. And i have learned there are
more adults who use diapers then babies.

Travis 12b - i did'nt feel like a baby so much as it was explained to
me that it wasn't something could help, being placed back in
diapers when i show no signs of improvement did make me feel babyish at
times.

Guilherme 16b - yes i feel a baby because i need to use diaper and i
hate to use it

Jill 17g ------------ Ditto.

4)To some it feeling ashamed.

Nicholas 11b - I feel very ashamed

Chris 13g -------- It is very easy to be ashamed. When I have friends
over and my room smells like a wet diaper, the crinkle of the mattress
cover does not help. But yet none of my friends call me any names they
all like me for who I am. I would say about 1/2 of my freinds have wet
the bed sometime in their life.

Peter 13b ---------- Bedwetting isn't a problem you tell everyone
about. It's a taboo,
that you can't control you bladder.

Travis 12b --- I felt ashamed many times cause deep down i felt I had
let my parents down.

Guilherme 16b ----- yes i what to be more independent

Jill 17g ------------- In the back of my mind, it's why I chickened out
when i tried to tell my freinds about my problem so that I could
finally sleepover and go camping.

5) To some it feels like a failure.
Nicholas 11b - yes

Chris 13g ------- I do not feel failure it is just part of my life

Peter 13b --------- It's a failure of my body, but it can be worse
failure. Like being handicapped etc.

Travis 12b -- I at times felt like I could do nothing right and was
teased by friends over the diapers.

Guilherme 16b - no

Jill 17g --------- Well, when you are doing something that most people
by the age of three have stopped, yes, it does make u feel bummed out.

6)To some parents it makes them frustrated.

Nicholas 11b - yes

Chris 13g ------ My parents were cool about it both wet late in life
and now my dad started again at 45 yrs old.

Peter 13b ------- Parents are frustrated because they can't help their
child to stop, they see it as a failure of themself

Travis 12b - I used to feel bad when i would overhear mom defending her
parenting skills. Mom tried every technique, drug me to several
doctors but I continued to wet nightly, she could do nothing at that
point.

Guilherme 16b - i guest yes

Jill 17g --------- Thankfully for me, no. Mom understands, because she
wet till 16.

7)To some parents it makes them feel mad because
the child is doing deliberately
Nicholas 11b - yes

Chris 13g - My parents do not get mad even when I wet my self during
the day
sometimes because I am to busy to use the bathroom.

Peter 13b ----- no comment

Travis 12b - My dad used to tell me to get my a** out of bed and use
the potty like a big boy, he get mega mad if I fell asleep in the car
and wet!

Guilherme 16b - if the chid do deliberately is too bad for parents but
if the child
do and don=B4t what too is bad for child not for parents

Jill 17g --------- Thankfully for me, no. Mom understands, because she
wet till 16.

8)To some parents it makes them feel that they failed in
Some way to help their child.

Nicholas 11b - . yes

Chris 13g ---- My parents know they did not fail.

Peter 13b -------- no comment

Travis 12b -- I am sure mom felt bad cause she was helpless and tried
so many things.

Guilherme 16b - yes always because the parents what=B4s the best for
their child

Jill 17g ------- in some way to help their child. Mom has always
encouraged me to
at least try to sleepover, that i could hide goodnites and no one
would know i was wearing...but she never was pushy about it and
left it up to me.

9)To some parents it makes them feel ashamed that their child has not
gained night or day control.

Nicholas 11b - yes

Chris 13g ------- My Parents are not ashamed of me.

Peter 13b -------- As i sayed it's a taboo.

Travis 12b ---I am not sure if my parents felt ashamed, but I know they
had to defent themselves to family and took a lot of flack cause I was
too old for diapers!

Guilherme 16b - yes because they think that the fault is from the
parents and
education was not the better

Jill 17g ----------- No...reference

Please if you have not filled out Survey. Please do it now, for more
people responding the better understanding the group will have on
issues and be able to contribute better informed on up coming
discussions

Sincerely,
Steven F. Trimarco
Stay Dry Bedwetting Group