Feds vs. Episiotomy (also: Vagina lips sliced off; vagina fused/closed)

Old June 5th 07, 08:31 PM posted to sci.med,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.breastfeeding,alt.circumcision
Todd Gastaldo

Default Feds vs. Episiotomy (also: Vagina lips sliced off; vagina fused/closed)

FEDS VS. EPISIOTOMY

There's no medical purpose for routine episiotomy.

Routine vagina slicing generally entails closing the birth canal up to
30% (semisitting/dorsal delivery) then surgically claiming to be doing
everything to open the birth canal.

It's an obvious fraud - it serves no medical purpose - and is
therefore illegal under the federal female genital mutilation statute
quoted below.

Birth-canal-closing (semisitting) is currently being promoted by
Oregon's only medical school - Oregon Health & Sciences University/
OHSU...

Oregon's medical students are likely being trained to slice vaginas to
open the birth canal - as they close the birth canal the "extra" up to
30%.

See Criminal CAM obstetrics: 'CAM positive' vs. 'CAM negative'
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.m...faebc730de079b

Attention Oregon Atty Genl Hardy Myers (via )
prosecute it any way you can - but please at least stop MD-
obstetricians from KEEPING birth canals closed the "extra" up to 30%
as they offer "generous" episiotomies which sometimes rip clear to the
anus as they pull with hands, forceps, and/or vacuums (an estimated 1
in 10 births, according to ACOG).

VAGINA LIPS SLICED OFF; VAGINA FUSED/CLOSED

Labia minora are sliced off - the inside of labia majora is sliced off
- the vagina is fused/closed - her husband uses a knife to impregnate
- vagina fuses/closes again - her MD uses a knife to let the baby out.

It's called Pharaonic circumcision.

See Wikipedia excerpt below.

I WROTE:

Infant penis ripping, vaccination and breastfeeding
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.m...13d1e144c9b801

SNUGGLEMONSTER REPLIED:

"Todd, just a word of friendly advice: maybe you should be more
proactive on female circumcision that is now starting to reach
America. I mean, seriosuly, if you really want to talk mutilation...."
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.m...4d588e7ef4d48a

I REPLY TO SNUGGLEMONSTER...

Snugglemonster,

Thank you for your friendly word of advice.

As you are probably aware, female genital mutilation is now,
explicitly, a federal and state CRIME in America.
http://www.ndaa-apri.org/pdf/ncpca_s...ilation_06.pdf

Sadly, the federal and state laws sexually discriminate - females are
offered protection; males are NOT offered the same protection.

Of course, the federal statute was unnecessary: All 50 state child
abuse statutes make it clear that slicing the genitals of children
with no medical indication is a crime.

Hey! I just realized...

The federal statute only exempts vagina slicing at birth if it is done
for a "medical purposes." Furthermore, the statute does NOT exempt
vagina slicing based on mere "belief" on the part of MDs ("any other
person") "that the operation is required as a matter of custom or
ritual"...

18 USCS § 116 (2006) Female genital mutilation (a) Except as provided
in subsection (b), whoever knowingly circumcises, excises, or
infibulates the whole or any part of the labia majora or labia minora
or clitoris of another person who has not attained the age of 18 years
shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years,
or both. (b) A surgical operation is not a violation of this section
if the operation is-- (1) necessary to the health of the person on
whom it is performed, and is performed by a person licensed in the
place of its performance as a medical practitioner; or (2) performed
on a person in labor or who has just given birth and is performed for
medical purposes connected with that labor or birth by a person
licensed in the place it is performed as a medical practitioner,
midwife, or person in training to become such a practitioner or
midwife. (c) In applying subsection (b)(1), no account shall be taken
of the effect on the person on whom the operation is to be performed
of any belief on the part of that person, or any other person, that
the operation is required as a matter of custom or ritual.1
http://www.ndaa-apri.org/pdf/ncpca_s...ilation_06.pdf

Snugglemonster, THANKS for indirectly calling my attention back to the
federal genital mutilation statute.

MDs are slicing vaginas without informing women that they are closing
birth canals up to 30%.

Failure to obtain true informed consent is the crime of battery. MD
experts lying to cover-up just makes the crime worse. For the Four OB
Lies (they are whoppers), see "Dents in babies' skulls" URL below...

It's obvious sexual assault/battery - in ADDITION to meeting the
federal statutory definition of female genital mutilation.

Paraphrasing Snugglemonster, I **HAVE** been talking [female]
mutilation - seriously...

As I wrote in the post to which Snugglemonster responded...

BEGIN excerpt of Infant penis ripping, vaccination and breastfeeding

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.m...13d1e144c9b801

GRISLY AS IT IS...

THE INFANT PENIS SLICING IS RELATIVELY MINOR CRIME...

As indicated above, MDs are senselessly closing birth canals up to
30%
and senselessly slicing ADULT VAGINAS - not to mention senselessly
robbing babies of up to 50% of their blood volume...

MD-obstetrician experts have been lying to cover-up the senseless
birth-canal-closing.

For the Four OB Cover-up lies...

See also: Dents in babies' skulls"
http://groups.google.com/group/
misc.kids.pregnancy/msg/08abfc7ff242150e

Alternate URL:

THE MASS VAGINA SLICING IS MASS **ADULT** ABUSE BY MDs

MDs are closing birth canals up to 30% then slicing vaginas
surgically/fraudulently inferring they are doing everything possible
open
birth canals.

Vagina slicing - ostensibly to widen the birth canal and prevent
tears - should never be done with the
birth canal closed up to 30% (see above) - yet this obvious obstetric
crime
is
ROUTINE - and costly...

The mass vagina slicing itself is performed for free...

But the mass vagina slicing causes severe perineal trauma that is not
treated for free....

According to NIH research (Shiono et al.), mass vagina
slicing/routine episiotomy is known to increase severe perineal
tears by 50X, and,

"The most common diagnosis for hospitalization among all women is
trauma to
perineum due to childbirth."
http://www.ahcpr.gov/data/hcup /factbk3/factbk3.htm

ROUTINE EPISIOTOMY - IT'S MASS SEXUAL ASSAULT BY MDs

According to the National Center for Victims of Crime,

"...examples of sexual assault include..Someone putting...an object
in
or on your vagina...when you don't want them to...A doctor, nurse, or
other
health care professional giving you an unnecessary internal
examination or
touching your sexual organs in an unprofessional, unwarranted and
inappropriate
manner."
http://www.ncvc.org/ncvc/main.aspx?d...r&DocumentID=3...

END excerpt of Infant penis ripping, vaccination and breastfeeding

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.m...13d1e144c9b801

WHEN THE EPISIOTOMY WOUND GETS INFECTED...

AMPUTATING VAGINA LIPS AFTER EPISIOTOMY

"If the infection is deep, involves muscles and is causing necrosis
(necrotizing fasciitis), give a combination of antibiotics until
necrotic tissue has been removed...Note: Necrotizing fasciitis
requires wide surgical debridement."
http://www.who.int/reproductive-heal...y_P71_P75.html

"WIDE SURGICAL DEBRIDEMENT" BRINGS ME TO...

PHARAONIC CIRCUMCISION...

From Wikipedia, a description of what appears to me the most severe

form of female genital manipulation.

"[i]nfibulation or pharaonic circumcision...involves extensive tissue
removal of the external genitalia, including all of the labia minora
and the inside of the labia majora, leaving a raw open wound. The
labia majora are then held together using thorns or stitching and the
girl's legs are tied together for two - six weeks, to prevent her from
moving and allow the healing of the two sides of the vulva. Nothing
remains of the normal anatomy of the genitalia, except for a wall of
flesh from the pubis down to the anus, with the exception of a pencil-
size opening at the inferior portion of the vulva to allow urine and
menstrual blood to pass through, see Diagram 1D. This type of FGC is
often carried out by an elderly matron or midwife of the village on
girls between the ages of two and six, without anaesthetic and under
unhygienic conditions.[11]...A reverse infibulation can be performed
to allow for sexual intercourse (often by the husband using a knife on
the wedding night) or when undergoing labor, or by female relatives,
whose responsibility it is to inspect the wound every few weeks and
open it some more if necessary. During childbirth, the enlargement is
too small to allow vaginal delivery, and so the infibulation must be
opened completely and restored after delivery. Once again, the legs
are tied together to allow the wound to heal, and the procedure is
repeated for each subsequent act of intercourse or childbirth. When
childbirth takes place in a hospital, the surgeons may preserve the
infibulation by enlarging the vagina with deep episiotomies.
Afterwards, the patient may insist that her vulva be closed again so
that her husband does not reject her.[11]...This practice is reported
to cause the disappearance of sexual pleasure for the women affected,
as well as major medical complications. Most advocates of the practice
continue to perform the procedure in adherence to standards of beauty
that are very different from those in the west. Many infibulated women
will contend that the pleasure their partners receive due to this
procedure is a definitive part of a successful marriage."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_cutting

AGAIN...

The federal female genital mutilation statute only exempts vagina
slicing at birth if it is done for a "medical purposes." Furthermore,
the statute does NOT exempt vagina slicing based on mere "belief" on
the part of MDs ("any other person") "that the operation is required
as a matter of custom or ritual." See above.

Again, I thank Snugglemonster: THANKS for indirectly calling my
attention back to the federal genital mutilation statute.

Birth-canal-closing (semisitting) is currently being promoted by
Oregon's only medical school - Oregon Health & Sciences University/
OHSU...

Oregon's medical students are likely being trained to slice vaginas to
open the birth canal - as they close the birth canal the "extra" up to
30%.

Attention Oregon Atty Genl Hardy Myers (via )
prosecute it any way you can - but please at least stop MD-
obstetricians from KEEPING birth canals closed the "extra" up to 30%
as they offer "generous" episiotomies which sometimes rip clear to the
anus as they pull with hands, forceps, and/or vacuums (an estimated 1
in 10 births, according to ACOG).

Thanks for reading everyone.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo
Hillsboro, Oregon
USA

This post will be archived for global access in the Google usenet
archive. Search
http://groups.google.com for "Feds vs. Episiotomy
(also: Vagina lips sliced off; vagina fused/closed)"

Old June 5th 07, 09:53 PM posted to sci.med,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.breastfeeding,alt.circumcision
Snugglemonster

What do you want - people to live like they did tens of thousands of
year ago in caves? Risking damage to themselves and their babies?
Possibly causing life threatening issues or making situations arise
where they are unable to get pregnant again?

My wife NEEDED an episiotomy and she was lucky enough to have a good
doctor that made the incision on a diagonal so as not to go near her
bottom. The last of my DW's stitches fell out and she's A.O.K. !

She had gestational diabetes, DS's cord wrapped around his neck during
delivery, episiotomy...

This isn't the dark ages! This is civilisation! Modern medicine!
Certain situations call for certain and often drastic measures to be
taken to insure everyone makes it through delivery A.O.K. I mean, it's
common sense!

I don't get you at all - you really should devert your time to doing
something proactive in your community instead of trying to brainwash
or scare people.

So I guess the baby should just force itself through a woman's vagina
and tear her so bad that she might not ever be able to recover or have
another baby naturally or who-knows-what!

(I know, I should know better and not even respond.)

Old June 6th 07, 01:11 AM posted to sci.med,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.breastfeeding,alt.circumcision
Andrew Usher

On Jun 5, 2:53 pm, Snugglemonster wrote:

snip

Todd Gastaldo is a nutcase and a troll, and annoys everyone with his
spamming of his lengthy, repetitive screeds. But I am quite confident
that his main point about childbirth is essentially correct - although
he's such a bad advocate for it, one could almost think that he'd been
planted by the other side to ridicule it!

Andrew Usher

Old June 6th 07, 06:42 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Larry Mcmahan

Hi Snugglemonster,

I am glad you are still with us and while I don't want to appear to
you to be a "nutcase", too. I have to take exception with some of
your remarks regarding episiotomy.

Larry

In article .com,
says...

What do you want - people to live like they did tens of thousands of
year ago in caves? Risking damage to themselves and their babies?
Possibly causing life threatening issues or making situations arise
where they are unable to get pregnant again?

Nope. I just want them to read and head the results of the research
literature and make informed decisions about their care. The actual
scientific truth about episiotomy is that it is rarely needed, even
when OBs think and say that it is. It IS vastly overutilized!

My wife NEEDED an episiotomy and she was lucky enough to have a good
doctor that made the incision on a diagonal so as not to go near her
bottom. The last of my DW's stitches fell out and she's A.O.K. !

I am glad that he "did a good job", however pelvic floor damage
resulting from episiotomy is often not apparent until months or
sometimes even years later.

She had gestational diabetes, DS's cord wrapped around his neck during
delivery, episiotomy...

Neither of these conditions are necessarily indications for episiotomy.
Let me expand further.

The reason GD might be cited as a indicator for episiotomy is
macrosomia. So, in response, I would ask how large was your baby at
birth? What position was your wife in when she gave birth? Finally,
how many times was the cord wrapped around the baby's neck? These all
play into the difficulty for birth.

Looking at the second question first, as Todd is fond of (correctly)
pointing out, some birth positions can close the birth canal up to 30%
compared to more favorable positions. The best positions are all fours
(hands and knees), standing squat, squatting, and side lying with leg
support. The WORST positions are lying on the back or sitting. This
fact is a very good reason why it is better to avoid epidurals for
giving birth, as they often require the mother to be in a disadvantaged
position. In a disadvantaged position, a woman may have trouble giving
birth to a baby bigger than 7 lbs, while she could give birth to a 10 lb
baby in a better position. This should not be overlooked.

Looking at the last question, it is quite common for a baby's cord to
be wrapped around its neck. It is wrapped once in about 30% of all
births, and the remedy is usually quite simply slipping the cord over
the baby's head. It is wrapped twice in about 10% of all births, and
this requires some more care, but is not usually considered a critical
issue. It can be unwrapped as in the first case, or in a few instances
must be cut. If the cord is wrapped 3 times or more (2% of all births)
then the cord must often be cut to birth the baby. I think it would be
quite rare to also REQUIRE an episiotomy.

Your wife may have required an episiotomy, but it is likely that less
invasive means would have done just a well, given a knowledgeable
caregiver at birth.

This isn't the dark ages! This is civilisation! Modern medicine!
Certain situations call for certain and often drastic measures to be
taken to insure everyone makes it through delivery A.O.K. I mean, it's
common sense!

I agree with this statement, but my conclusion is that it means that
episiotomies are oversold by the medical establishment and rarely
needed!

So I guess the baby should just force itself through a woman's vagina
and tear her so bad that she might not ever be able to recover or have
another baby naturally or who-knows-what!

I'm sorry, but this statement is just made out of ignorance. Multiple
studies have shown that the damage done by a natural tear is in general
much less severe and heals better than a cut, and that birthing
subsequent babies is EASIER, not harder.

Larry
Old June 6th 07, 09:19 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Snugglemonster

I understand that you are trying to generate awareness and be
informative.

I also understand about all the various birthing positions to help
with labor and avoid episiotomy.

But the funny thing about all the "natural" childbirth stuff is that
while my wife was in labor, a half dozen or so mothers came in to the
hospital from the local birthing center (where they try to do
everything natural).

We met one of these mothers in the hospital and she ended up with a c-
section.

Sure, episiotomy may be happening too much or unneccessary , and maybe
certain birthing positions could help that, but in my case: my wife
was having brutal contractions where she NEEDED pain relief at 4cm's.
Her standing or going on her knees was not going to help her
discomfort.

I don't know about the episiotomy affecting the pelvic floor, I sure
hope not, but if it does, it's something I guess the wife will have to
live with. But there's no way she was going to FORCE a c-section and
let alone NOT have an epidural. We wantd to go natural but her body
just couldn't do it.

All I am trying to say is yes, there are options, there is "natural"
child birth, but sometimes mother nature and the body and the baby are
all not on the same page and certain measures are called for.

In the end, as long as mother's health in the long term are OK and
baby is OK, i think c-sections and episiotomies are just fine.

Old July 9th 07, 03:58 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

I spam I suck!**** i am