Spanking Leads To Child Aggression And Anxiety, Regardless Of Cultural Norm

Old January 12th 07, 05:22 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
Doan

Default Spanking Leads To Child Aggression And Anxiety, Regardless OfCultural Norm

Just as I expected, LaVonne is the one that is doing the avoidance while
letting her little chihuahua, aka Kane9, doing the verbal abuse for her.
What a laugh!

Doan

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007, Doan wrote:

First, the study is a correlation study. No CAUSATION can be implied.
Thus, the claim that spanking "Leads" to child aggression and anxiety
is bogus! Second, the authors themselves admitted that they included
beatings that are certainly abusive in the USA in study. If you really
want to debate this study, I am willing to give it a shot - no verbal
abuse warranted. ;-) Wanna give me a try? My guess is you will be
the one that do the avoidance and instead will use your little Kane9
to do the verbal abuse and attack for you.

Doan

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007, Carlson LaVonne wrote:

Well, I received a multitude of similar responses when I posted a
reference to this study. It's hard to accept defeat or to debate
intelligently in light of solid evidence that refutes one's personal
beliefs.

When that happens, one can engage in avoidance, changing the subject, or
verbal abuse. In my over ten years of involvement on this ng, and in
working with families, children, and students, I'm familiar with all
three strategies.

None of the strategies change the evidence research has demonstrated.
Hitting children is no more effective than alternative strategies that
model, teach, and hold children accountable, and it carries the
potential for both short and long term harm. We now have evidence that
context and culture does not eliminate the potential for negative
outcomes or decrease the effectiveness of alternative discipline strategies.

LaVonne

0:- wrote:
0:- wrote:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1114110820.htm

Source: Society for Research in Child Development

... * More frequent use of physical discipline was less strongly
associated with child aggression and anxiety when it was perceived as
being more culturally accepted, but physical discipline was also
associated with more aggression and anxiety regardless of the
perception of cultural acceptance. ...

... * In all countries, however, higher use of physical discipline
was
associated with more child aggression and anxiety. ...

The silence is deafening.

Will I simply get another babbling change of subject from Doan?

Or will he continue to display his cowardice and shame his good family
name?

R R R R ....hihihi

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1114110820.htm

Old January 12th 07, 04:07 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
krp

"Doan" wrote in message

First, the study is a correlation study. No CAUSATION can be implied.
Thus, the claim that spanking "Leads" to child aggression and anxiety
is bogus! Second, the authors themselves admitted that they included
beatings that are certainly abusive in the USA in study. If you really
want to debate this study, I am willing to give it a shot - no verbal
abuse warranted. ;-) Wanna give me a try? My guess is you will be
the one that do the avoidance and instead will use your little Kane9
to do the verbal abuse and attack for you.

There is NO scientifically acceptable evidence that spanking causes
aggression in Children. There is considerable evidence that a lack of
spanking can produce sociopathy in children.

Old January 12th 07, 07:02 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

krp wrote:
"Doan" wrote in message
First, the study is a correlation study. No CAUSATION can be implied.
Thus, the claim that spanking "Leads" to child aggression and anxiety
is bogus! Second, the authors themselves admitted that they included
beatings that are certainly abusive in the USA in study. If you really
want to debate this study, I am willing to give it a shot - no verbal
abuse warranted. ;-) Wanna give me a try? My guess is you will be
the one that do the avoidance and instead will use your little Kane9
to do the verbal abuse and attack for you.

There is NO scientifically acceptable evidence that spanking causes
aggression in Children. There is considerable evidence that a lack of
spanking can produce sociopathy in children.

Happy to discuss these claims with you in alt.parenting.spanking. Cross
posting to any other newsgroup will give you an easy way out when you
are proven wrong and can't support you claim with evidence.

We on then?

Before you commit, consider this: If you are going to claim, "There is
NO scientifically acceptable evidence that spanking causes aggression in
Children," then you are going to be asked two questions.

One: what do you consider "acceptable?'

Two: Produce, based on YOUR definition of "acceptable," acceptable
evidence to support your claim, "There is considerable evidence that a
lack of spanking can produce sociopathy in children."

We might also consider the meaning you place on the term "considerable,"
as in number, I presume you to mean.

I'll be interested in seeing what you come up with based on these simple
but vital criteria I've mentioned.

I'm very familiar with the literature and research from both sides. If
you need my help, just ask.

Happy to oblige.

Kane

Old January 12th 07, 07:09 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

krp wrote:
"Doan" wrote in message
First, the study is a correlation study. No CAUSATION can be implied.
Thus, the claim that spanking "Leads" to child aggression and anxiety
is bogus! Second, the authors themselves admitted that they included
beatings that are certainly abusive in the USA in study. If you really
want to debate this study, I am willing to give it a shot - no verbal
abuse warranted. ;-) Wanna give me a try? My guess is you will be
the one that do the avoidance and instead will use your little Kane9
to do the verbal abuse and attack for you.

Notice how Doan starts with insult but claims "no verbal abuse warranted?"

That kind of slimy language of attack is common to him. That's why he is
on my do-not-reply list. He's a liar, and unethical. He has shamed
his honorable family by his conduct here.

There is NO scientifically acceptable evidence that spanking causes
aggression in Children. There is considerable evidence that a lack of
spanking can produce sociopathy in children.

Please pardon me, I completely forgot to clarify this term you brought
into the debate:

.... so·ci·o·path /?so?si??pæ?, ?so??i-/ Pronunciation Key - Show
Spelled Pronunciation[soh-see-uh-path, soh-shee-] Pronunciation Key -
Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun Psychiatry.
a person, as a psychopathic personality, whose behavior is antisocial
and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience....

Do you accept this as a definition of "sociopath," for our purposes of
discussion?

Thanks, Kane
Old January 12th 07, 07:43 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Doan

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, 0:- wrote:

krp wrote:
"Doan" wrote in message
First, the study is a correlation study. No CAUSATION can be implied.
Thus, the claim that spanking "Leads" to child aggression and anxiety
is bogus! Second, the authors themselves admitted that they included
beatings that are certainly abusive in the USA in study. If you really
want to debate this study, I am willing to give it a shot - no verbal
abuse warranted. ;-) Wanna give me a try? My guess is you will be
the one that do the avoidance and instead will use your little Kane9
to do the verbal abuse and attack for you.

Notice how Doan starts with insult but claims "no verbal abuse warranted?"

That kind of slimy language of attack is common to him. That's why he is
on my do-not-reply list. He's a liar, and unethical. He has shamed
his honorable family by his conduct here.

Hahaha! This is funny. Since when that I am on your "do-not-reply list",
Kane? The proven liar here is YOU!

Doan

Old January 12th 07, 07:44 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
Doan

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, krp wrote:

"Doan" wrote in message

First, the study is a correlation study. No CAUSATION can be implied.
Thus, the claim that spanking "Leads" to child aggression and anxiety
is bogus! Second, the authors themselves admitted that they included
beatings that are certainly abusive in the USA in study. If you really
want to debate this study, I am willing to give it a shot - no verbal
abuse warranted. ;-) Wanna give me a try? My guess is you will be
the one that do the avoidance and instead will use your little Kane9
to do the verbal abuse and attack for you.

There is NO scientifically acceptable evidence that spanking causes
aggression in Children. There is considerable evidence that a lack of
spanking can produce sociopathy in children.

Do you know that Kane is a "never-spanked" boy?

Doan

Old January 12th 07, 08:48 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
krp

"Doan" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, krp wrote:

"Doan" wrote in message

First, the study is a correlation study. No CAUSATION can be implied.
Thus, the claim that spanking "Leads" to child aggression and anxiety
is bogus! Second, the authors themselves admitted that they included
beatings that are certainly abusive in the USA in study. If you
really
want to debate this study, I am willing to give it a shot - no verbal
abuse warranted. ;-) Wanna give me a try? My guess is you will be
the one that do the avoidance and instead will use your little Kane9
to do the verbal abuse and attack for you.

There is NO scientifically acceptable evidence that spanking causes
aggression in Children. There is considerable evidence that a lack of
spanking can produce sociopathy in children.

Do you know that Kane is a "never-spanked" boy?

Wouldn't surprise me.

Old January 12th 07, 09:14 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
0:->

krp wrote:
"Doan" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, krp wrote:

"Doan" wrote in message
First, the study is a correlation study. No CAUSATION can be implied.
Thus, the claim that spanking "Leads" to child aggression and anxiety
is bogus! Second, the authors themselves admitted that they included
beatings that are certainly abusive in the USA in study. If you
really
want to debate this study, I am willing to give it a shot - no verbal
abuse warranted. ;-) Wanna give me a try? My guess is you will be
the one that do the avoidance and instead will use your little Kane9
to do the verbal abuse and attack for you.

There is NO scientifically acceptable evidence that spanking causes
aggression in Children. There is considerable evidence that a lack of
spanking can produce sociopathy in children.

Do you know that Kane is a "never-spanked" boy?

Wouldn't surprise me.

I asked you to confine debate on this issue to alt.parenting.spanking.

Can I take this as your chosen opportunity to run then?

My status, or yours, has no bearing on the facts, Ken.

You may have been spanked, I may not have been.

How would this change our debate if we are going to stick to the facts?

You made a claim. I've asked you to support it. I've clarified the
conditions that are reasonable for debate....in this case that we
confine ourselves to the debating protocols of 'argument.'

This means we deal only in facts. And only those relevant to the issue.

Now if you aren't going to dodge again, how about replying, and removing
the ascps addy so that we continue only in aps?

Thanks. Kane

Old January 12th 07, 09:19 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
0:->

krp wrote:
"Doan" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, krp wrote:

"Doan" wrote in message
First, the study is a correlation study. No CAUSATION can be implied.
Thus, the claim that spanking "Leads" to child aggression and anxiety
is bogus! Second, the authors themselves admitted that they included
beatings that are certainly abusive in the USA in study. If you
really
want to debate this study, I am willing to give it a shot - no verbal
abuse warranted. ;-) Wanna give me a try? My guess is you will be
the one that do the avoidance and instead will use your little Kane9
to do the verbal abuse and attack for you.

There is NO scientifically acceptable evidence that spanking causes
aggression in Children. There is considerable evidence that a lack of
spanking can produce sociopathy in children.

Do you know that Kane is a "never-spanked" boy?

Did you notice, Ken, that Doan didn't agree with you? Didn't contribute
anything to the issue?

My status or yours as having been spanked or not is not relevant to the
issue if we are going to discuss facts....and FACTS seem to be what you
claim you have.

Shall we then? You first.

Wouldn't surprise me.

Looks as though you just refused to support your claims, two of them,
with anything but games common to the dishonorable Doan.

I've two prior posts in this thread here in asp. Presuming you might
have missed them, because they are not cross-posted to ascps, I suggest
you go to aps and look them up. Do not reply to this post in ascps,
thank you.

Those posts at aps are invitations. To you.

Thanks. Kane
Old January 12th 07, 09:31 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
Doan

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, 0:- wrote:

krp wrote:
"Doan" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, krp wrote:

"Doan" wrote in message
[...]

What? Where did I say that I didn't agree, Kane? There is no
scientifically acceptable evidence that spanking causes aggression in
Children!

My status or yours as having been spanked or not is not relevant to the
issue if we are going to discuss facts....and FACTS seem to be what you
claim you have.

Hihihi!

Shall we then? You first.

Where is the evidence that spanking CAUSES aggression in children?

Doan