#1 preschool vs #2 nap schedules

Old July 8th 04, 03:56 AM
mom2fallbabies

Default #1 preschool vs #2 nap schedules

"Cheryl S." wrote in message ...
Julie is going to be going to preschool MWF from 12:30 to 3:00 starting
early September. Jaden currently naps from 2:00 to 4:00 or 4:30. How
do others deal with a situation like this, to make sure Jaden gets
enough sleep? Picking her up is right smack in the middle of his nap
time. Would you try to move his nap time forward, or back? Or wake him
up too early three times a week and put him to bed early those

Hi, Cheryl.

I would do what Sophie said! We have had the same issues here. Aaron's
preschool let out at 11:45, and sometimes Maddie was still taking her
morning nap then. Right now preschool is out, but her morning nap is
still messed up on the two mornings per week we go to occupational
therapy in a town about 25 minutes away. She just barely starts her
nap in the car and then wakes up when we get out. So I get to spend an
hour in the waiting room keeping her happy. In the Fall we will have
afternoon speech therapy one day a week in addition to the preschool
and OT. So I guess the afternoon nap will also be messed up.

Aaron still takes an afternoon nap, and right now I manage to get them
both to sleep at the same time. I hope he doesn't outgrow his nap
soon, but at 3 yrs I know the clock is ticking.

Amanda, mom to Aaron 10/00 and
Madeline 11/03
Old July 10th 04, 03:02 AM
laurie

haven't
quite figured out the best course of action yet!

Let him have two 50-minute naps in the car?
--
Cheryl S.

But I can't leave him in the car alone when I go in the preschool to get
Jessica!!!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 3 years
Christopher, 14 months
Old July 12th 04, 07:11 AM
GoofeeGyrl

Julie is going to be going to preschool MWF from 12:30 to 3:00 starting
early September. Jaden currently naps from 2:00 to 4:00 or 4:30. How
do others deal with a situation like this, to make sure Jaden gets
enough sleep? Picking her up is right smack in the middle of his nap
time. Would you try to move his nap time forward, or back? Or wake him
up too early three times a week and put him to bed early those nights?
He does still take a morning nap from about 8:30 to 10:00 or 10:30, and
sleeps at night from 7:00/7:30 to 6:30. I know that at his age that his
sleep schedule may change significantly in only the next two months, as
this is the time period over which Julie dropped her morning nap
completely. That could be a good thing though, if I know what would be
best to work toward.
--

Funny you should post this, I was going to post this just tonight in fact, as
Sophie starts preschool MWF afternoons in Sept too. Looks like you got some

Linda
Mommy to Sophie, 3
and Eva, 10 months

--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 3, and Jaden, 10 months

Old July 12th 04, 01:12 PM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
laurie wrote:

* I
*haven't
* quite figured out the best course of action yet!
*
*Let him have two 50-minute naps in the car?
*--
*Cheryl S.
*
*But I can't leave him in the car alone when I go in the preschool to get
*Jessica!!!

Are there any other moms or caregivers who could bring Jessica to the
parking lot for you? A lot of times at my son's preschool, if a mom
arrives at the school with a sleeping baby in tow, she just flags down
another mom from her kid's class and requests just that. Everyone at our
preschool is pretty friendly and this seems to work out well when needed.

Old July 12th 04, 05:52 PM
Cheryl S.

"GoofeeGyrl" wrote in message
Boy, can you
imagine, three afternoons a week all to yourself, sheesh!

It sure sounds good right now!