pregnant 17 year old

Old October 27th 05, 02:09 PM
Banty

Default pregnant 17 year old

In article DqX7f.3498$UF4.3050@fed1read02, Chris says...

"Banty" wrote in message
In article 85P7f.3464$UF4.2784@fed1read02, Chris says...

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
Tori,
Don't get into it with this thread...it's been going on way way way too
long, and nothing you say will change his mind.

And vice versa.

I notice that your foray into the step parents group didn't amount to

much,
Chris.

Are you at all serious about getting any insights about your situation

here on
USENET? Anywhere?

Yes. I am just unwilling to blindly accept whatever advice comes my way. Do
you?

That's not what's being proposed.

You didn't even present your story there, even though someone noted your angry
tone and asked you to.

Instead, you argued with people's wording and made your cryptic statements about
people being married to kids and even pets.

You're not about communication at all. Just channelling agression and seeking
validation. This way of operating is worthless to you and everyone around you.

Banty

Old October 27th 05, 02:13 PM
Banty

In article , Nan says...

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 20:00:38 -0700, "Chris" wrote:

I'm guessing not. He's only interested in arguing with everyone that
doesn't see things his way. Little surprise his marriage is "hanging
by a thread".

Translation: Don't argue with your wife. Shut up and just agree with her.

I think you're deliberately being obtuse. Nobody has said you should
shut up and agree with your wife. If you believe anyone has, you
haven't read the thread very thoroughly.

Nan

I think he equates not totally getting his way, with total capitulation. No
room in that thinking for compromise or working anything out between two people.

Banty

Old October 27th 05, 03:38 PM
Nan

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 21:13:44 -0700, "Chris" wrote:

"Nan" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 20:00:38 -0700, "Chris" wrote:

"Nan" wrote in message
.. .
On 26 Oct 2005 10:47:26 -0700, Banty wrote:

[...]

Either I argue (disagree) with her or I agree (thus nothing more need be
said).
Your above statement infers that my marriage is in peril because I argue
with my wife. Is this incorrect?

No, your marriage is in peril because you have your set-in-stone ideas
and expect your wife to capitulate. Everyone has suggested trying to
meet somewhere in the middle, but you see that as losing.
You're a lost cause, Chris. I'm not even going to try to communicate
with you anymore.

Nan
Old October 27th 05, 03:38 PM
Nan

On 27 Oct 2005 06:13:12 -0700, Banty wrote:

In article , Nan says...

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 20:00:38 -0700, "Chris" wrote:

I'm guessing not. He's only interested in arguing with everyone that
doesn't see things his way. Little surprise his marriage is "hanging
by a thread".

Translation: Don't argue with your wife. Shut up and just agree with her.

I think you're deliberately being obtuse. Nobody has said you should
shut up and agree with your wife. If you believe anyone has, you
haven't read the thread very thoroughly.

Nan

I think he equates not totally getting his way, with total capitulation. No
room in that thinking for compromise or working anything out between two people.

Exactly. His thinking is of those 2 extremes and it's not working.
Big Surprise.

Nan
Old October 28th 05, 04:50 AM
Chris

"Nan" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 21:13:44 -0700, "Chris" wrote:

"Nan" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 20:00:38 -0700, "Chris" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

I don't "expect" my wife to do anything. I only hope that she will continue
to be a wife. If I don't disagree (argue) with her, then I agree with her.
Agreeing (not arguing) constitutes shutting up (not arguing) and doing what
she says (agreeing with her). Whatever could I (or would I need) say if I am
in agreement? Either way, I agree or I do NOT agree. There is no third
option.

Everyone has suggested trying to
meet somewhere in the middle, but you see that as losing.

Perhaps "everyone" here is suggesting I do whatever it takes to "save the
marriage". Only problem is, there is something that actually takes
precendence over saving one's marriage.

You're a lost cause, Chris.

Thank you for your opinon.

Old October 28th 05, 04:52 AM
Chris

"Banty" wrote in message
[...]

I thought that my "story" was clearly stated in my OP. Am I wrong?

Instead, you argued with people's wording and made your cryptic statements

about
people being married to kids and even pets.

Part of the concept of marriage is the position of one's spouse. When
somone/something else takes first place in that person's life, their spouse
has been replaced.

You're not about communication at all. Just channelling agression and

seeking
validation. This way of operating is worthless to you and everyone around

you.

Your opinion based on assumptions is noted.

Banty

Old October 28th 05, 04:21 PM
Banty

In article 1hh8f.3575$UF4.2261@fed1read02, Chris says...

"Banty" wrote in message
[...]

Alt.support.step-parents won't see your original post in misc.kids.pregnancy.
You need to put in a new post there.

Banty

Old October 28th 05, 05:58 PM
Chris

"Banty" wrote in message
[...]

For some reason, I forgot that I am not in the group where I placed my OP.
Sorry. To compound things, my news server had problems last week and I lost
most of the earlier messages; including the OP.

Banty

Old October 28th 05, 06:23 PM
Chris

"Banty" wrote in message
[...]

We are not communicating our messages. Somehow this conversation got
detoured into talking about some other news group. I am making reference to
my OP in this thread and this news group where the conversation has
remained.

Banty

Old October 29th 05, 04:53 PM
Banty

In article W9t8f.3742$UF4.1023@fed1read02, Chris says...

"Banty" wrote in message
[...]

Read back. I was clearly referring to your recent posts in
alt.support-step-parents (the step parenting group).

Chris, you really do have some communication problems.

Banty