THIEVES STEAL CHRISTMAS TREE AND PRESENTS FROM SINGLE MOM OF 4

Old December 17th 07, 03:00 AM posted to misc.kids,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.drugs.hard,rec.music.gdead,alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots
D3@D 1N @ Y3@R

Default THIEVES STEAL CHRISTMAS TREE AND PRESENTS FROM SINGLE MOM OF 4

http://www.wftv.com/irresistible/14853089/detail.html

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Friday afternoon, Orange County detectives were
looking for the cold hearted crook who stole some of the Christmas
spirit from a local family.

Tanya Owen, a single mother of four, said someone broke into her home on
East Colonial Drive near Bithlo and took all her Christmas presents and
even the Christmas tree.

The family was in the process of moving from Ocala and had dropped off
some personal belongings into the empty home and set-up their Christmas
tree.

"This is where my tree was and this is what is left of it," said Owen
after coming home to find an empty house with only a few pine needles
left on the floor.

When Owen came home from work on Thursday night, she found her Christmas
tree gone and almost all of her personal belongings gone with it.

"They stole my clothes, my kids clothes, my jackets, the Christmas
presents I had for my kids. They stole everything. We had some tools
here, and they took the tools," Owen added.

Owen said she was in the process of moving her family to Orange County
from Ocala, but couldn't do it all at once. She was waiting for her
paycheck so she could rent a moving truck, Friday.

"Someone stole Christmas. This is all I had for my kids for Christmas
and someone stole it," she said, tearfully.

She had already paid her deposit on the house and won't receive another
paycheck before December 25. She is devastated because her four kids
won't have a Christmas this year and angry at the thieves for ruining
her holiday.

"Get a job and be a man or be a person. Get your own money. Why steal
from other people? I mean it is just horrible," Owen pleaded.

Cheri Amoruso, who saw the story on WFTV decided to take Owen several
pieces of new clothing that she no longer needed since she had been
diagnosed with terminal cancer. She even offered to give her a fur coat.

"When I was diagnosed with cancer the second time I realized that I just
looked at these things. And that's all they represent is just stuff,"
said Amoruso.

Detectives with the Orange County Sheriff's Office were investigating,
but said they didn't have any solid leads.
--
Rob Cypher
robcypher.livejournal.com