Dr. Sarah's 30% letter to Tendring (also: the obstetric 'chill pill' - bitter poison for some babies)

Old January 2nd 05, 12:15 AM
Todd Gastaldo

Default Dr. Sarah's 30% letter to Tendring (also: the obstetric 'chill pill' - bitter poison for some babies)

Pregnant women: OBs are closing birth canals up to 30% and it is easy to
allow your birth canal to OPEN the "extra" up to 30%...

See the very end of this post...

THE OBSTETRIC 30% "CHILL PILL" - BITTER POISON FOR SOME BABIES

Bizarrely, OBs are KEEPING birth canals closed the "extra" up to 30% when
babies get stuck.

More on the obstetric 30% "chill pill" below.

Women do NOT have to take the obstetric 30% "chill pill."

DR. SARAH'S 30% LETTER TO TENDRING

Tendring Primary Care Trust: Don't miss The Four OB Lies below.

Why do women have to ASK for the "extra" up to 30%?

Sarah, Tendring may be more inclined to listen to a GP employee.

The rubber stamp of a REAL doctor is so important in our culture.

Please write to Tendring - emphasize PREVENTION.

Urge your fellow GPs to write to Tendring.

Your letter could be one sentence ("Dr. Gastaldo is right") - plus The Four
OB Lies...

THE OBSTETRIC "CHILL PILL" - BITTER POISON FOR SOME BABIES

(Lucy recommended a "chill pill" for Todd. : )

See below...

Lucy (anyone4tea), from the UK living in the US wrote:

"Well said, Sarah."

I replied:

"I disagree. : )"

Lucy now replies...

That's fine, Todd, I don't mind disagreements... when they are about
trivial things.

Then you'll mind my disagreement Lucy.

There is nothing trivial about a medical doctor ignoring her fellow medical
doctors' lies and remaining silent about her fellow medical doctors closing
birth canals up to 30% and keeping birth canals closed when babies get
stuck.

There is nothing trivial about most women never learning about the "extra"
up to 30%.

There is nothing trivial about OBs gruesomely wrenching babies' spines -
sometimes pulling so hard they rip spinal nerves out of tiny spinal cords.

There is nothing trivial about women who do learn about having to ASK their
OBs or midwives for the "extra" up to 30%.

Remember what you wrote about asking, Lucy?

You wrote:

"I have no intention of asking; this will be my Demand. The doctors
ignore my request at their peril."
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...1ba84ccfd9cede

Why should you have to Demand?

There is nothing trivial about this question from the perspective of babies
having their necks wrenched with the birth canal senselessly closed up to
30%.

Online communication is a blessing... but a curse when communication is
misconstrued.

As long as lines of communication remain open, misconstrued communications
can be worked out.

Sarah ignores OB lies. Says its legal for OBs to lie and close birth canals
up to 30% and keep birth canals closed when babies get stuck.

Sarah publicly indicated in her "no **** Sherlock" post that even if the OB
lies about birth position were exposed - it "wouldn't make a difference to
anyone's birth position." (!)
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...69babf01124baa

Todd, you have some excellent opinions

It is not just *opinion* that OBs are lying and closing birth canals up to
30% and keeping them closed when babies get stuck! See The Four OB Lies
below. They are OBVIOUS!

Sarah's opinion is that this OB behavior is LEGAL - LOL!

I say again: Sarah indicates that even if the OB lies about birth position
were exposed - it "wouldn't make a difference to anyone's birth position."
(!)
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...69babf01124baa

I have *conceded* that it is legal for OBs to commit the obvious felonies -
but only because of the SILENCE of their fellow medical doctors - like
Sarah...

and many of us applaud your
efforts to raise awareness of the issues with which you are concerned.

This is heartening.

Sarah agrees with you.

Sarah DISAGREES with me.

Sarah ignores the OB lies.

I say yet again: Sarah indicates that even if the OB lies about birth
position were exposed - it "wouldn't make a difference to anyone's birth
position." (!)
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...69babf01124baa

Sarah does not think British GPs have any obligation to help stop OBs from
causing birth trauma.

Nor does Sarah believe that women should be explicitly informed that OBs are
lying and closing birth canals up to 30% and keeping them closed when babies
get stuck.

Sarah aped the anti-science of Sir Iain Chalmers, MD who once told me in
effect that we can't start telling women that OBs are lying and closing
birth canals until there is SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE that it is good to tell
women that OBs are lying and closing birth canals!

This is blatant anti-science.

"It is established obstetric teaching that a narrow pelvic outlet
predisposes to a difficult vaginal delivery..."
--Ass-Ärztin Dr. Andrea Froschauer-Frudinger et al. [Br J Obstet Gynaecol
2002;109(11):1207-12]

OBs themselves indicate that closing the birth canal FAR LESS than 30% can
KILL!

Sarah does NOT agree with me - yet.

If you have agreement with others, you may not
wish to turn them off supporting your cause, or you, by going after
them after miscommunication.

Take a chill pill

OK, I will take a chill pill - if Sarah will do her job - the PREVENTION
aspect of it. (See the Tendring quote below.)

Well, OK, I will take the chill pill even if Sarah doesn't do her job. : )

Do you have any EVIDENCE that chill pills work? : )

Watch out for OBSTETRIC chill pills - they heat you up! LOL!

OBs are saying they are allowing birth canals to open maximally - even as
they keep birth canals closed the "extra" up to 30%.

This birth-canal-closing OB "chill pill" is a bitter poison for some babies.

The baby's head in the ACOG birth-canal-closing shoulder dystocia video is
DEEP blue.

The nice OBs are saying on the video that they are allowing the birth canal
to open maximally.

But it is a bald lie. They are keeping the birth canal closed.

The nice OBs are not **telling** women about the "extra" up to 30%.

They are making women ASK for the "extra" up to 30% (when women are lucky
enough to learn about it).

Even when women ask - they don't always get it!

Lucy, you wrote:

"I have no intention of asking; this will be my Demand. The doctors
ignore my request at their peril."
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...1ba84ccfd9cede

Many women end up on their backs inspite of their desire not to be on their
backs.

Dagny reminded me recently that her *homebirth midwife* kept her on her back
and said, "Been reading Todd Gastaldo?" - or words to that effect!

MIDWIVES ARE APING MDS - PROMOTING THE BIZARRE BEHAVIOR

Yale CNMwifery Prof. Helen Varney ignored my pleas years ago and indicated
that "midwives" promote semisitting.

Sure enough...

Years ago, Midwifery Today editor Jan Tritten cancelled my full-length
article on birth-canal-closing/semisitting and in her very next issue
PROMOTED birth-canal-closing/semisitting!

Ex-doula Jennifer Rosenberg (Jenrose) tried to tell me Jan Tritten agrees
with me - LOL!

When I pointed out that Jan Tritten STILL promotes
birth-canal-closing/semisitting - Jenrose DEFENDED the practice!

I called her a "ditz" - I shouldn't have done that but I still don't
understand why midwives and an ex-doula are promoting
birth-canal-closing/semisitting.

Now Jenrose is filtering me.

Jenrose just answered Ana's husband Mark on my behalf - "forgetting" to
mention to Mark that she recently defended birth-canal-closing - LOL! (It's
sordidly funny.)

Bizarre, bizarre, bizarre....

Incidentally, an excerpt from what Jenrose wrote to Ana's husband Mark:

"[S]emi-sitting and lying on the back...tend to immobilize the pelvis and
reduce the pelvic opening significantly. They also tend to move the tailbone
inward, further creating space restrictions.
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...91c61012824805

I hope Jenrose means that semissitting and lying on the back reduce the
pelvic opening significantly because the woman is on her tailbone (sacrum)
forcing it inward.

Semisitting and lying on the back don't just "tend" to jam the sacral tip
into the outlet - they do so with such force that the pelvis is closed the
"extra" up to 30%.

Then when babies get stuck, OBs routinely KEEP the birth canal closed the
"extra" up to 30%.

What OBs are doing is "legal" only because their fellow medical doctors -
like Sarah - are remaining silent.

Midwives and doulas are joining the chorus of medical doctor silence - with
(as noted above) some of them PROMOTING birth-canal-closing/semisitting!

Jan Tritten was thinking about issuing a "semisitting dangerous" press
release - but I haven't heard from her...

See Bravo Jan! Do it for the babies! (Midwifery Today editor Jan
Tritten)

To my knowledge, Jan hasn't even emailed Oregon's only medical school (OHSU)
to protest *their* promotion of semisitting.

The OHSU website - right in my own backyard (!) - STILL says:

"...With semi-sitting positions, gravity can help the mother in pushing the
baby through the birth canal..."
http://www.ohsuhealth.com/cwh/health...r/deliver.html

DR. GASTALDO CORRECTS OHSU: With semi-sitting positions, the birth canal is
closed up to 30% and closing birth canals sometimes causes "failure to
progress" which can "necessitate" performing a cesarean section as indicated
in this quote from the same OHSU website:

"There are several conditions which may necessitate performing a cesarean
section...[including]...a labor that fails to progress or does not progress
normally..."
http://www.ohsuhealth.com/cwh/health...r/deliver.html

See Birth child abuse: Oregon's only medical school (OHSU)

Lucy, Sarah does NOT agree with me that a British GP needs to speak up about
SIMPLE prevention of birth trauma.

Sarah, if you are reading, I do NOT mean that allowing the birth canal to
open the "extra" up to 30% will prevent ALL birth trauma.

It won't - but why are women having to ASK for it?

PART OF THE ANSWER: Medical doctor silence - in this case medical doctor
SARAH silence.

Lucy, how hard would it be for Sarah to email her employer Tendring ("we
spend on prevention") Primary Care Trust and say:

"Dr. Gastaldo is right: The OB lies are obvious and the grisly biomechanics
are simple."

She could write that ONE SENTENCE and maybe include The Four OB Lies et seq.
(see below.)

Sarah could copy me - and misc.kids.pregnancy - and follow-up with hard
copy.

Sarah, here's the email for Tendring Primary Care Trust:

Simple, no?

What a GREAT way for a British GP to start out the new year!

BTW, Sarah - if you do this finally - if you do your JOB finally (the
prevention part)...

And you follow up with hard copy...

My surface mail address is:

22115 NW Imbrie Dr. #338
Hillsboro, OR 97124

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

Happy New Year!

I myself will copy the Tendring Primary Care Trust...

David Rex Chairman
Paul Unsworth Chief Executive
Sarah Gallone Complaints and Education Manager
Jan Chittock Child Protection Administrative Assistant

via Catherine Morgan
Communications Manager
Tendring Primary Care Trust
Canarvon House
Canarvon Road
Clacton-on-Sea
Essex
CO15 6QD
tel: 01255 206067

Here's that Tendring PREVENTION quote:

"The NHS spends public money - your money - on health care,
treatment and **prevention**...Tendring Primary Care Trust [PCT] aims to
deliver
better and more
responsive health services to improve the health of people in
your area. The Trust holds the NHS budget for our local
population of 139,000 people. It steers the work of GP
practices..."
http://www.essex.nhs.uk/documents/gu...ring%20pct.pdf

I think Tendring Trust would be more motivated to "spend" on this FREE
prevention/work to simply stop the bizarre birth-canal-closing behavior of
OBs and midwives - if one of Tendring's own GP employees (Sarah for example)
contacted them and said "Dr. Gastaldo's right, etc." See above.

Why do most women not even know about the "extra" up to 30%?

And when women know about it...

Why do they have to ASK for it?

Sarah, are you SURE that even if the OB lies about birth position were
exposed - it "wouldn't make a difference to anyone's birth position." (?)
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...69babf01124baa

I think you are very wrong...

Pretend you are setting up a scientific trial. You have to disclose to
participants that the trial's purpose is to find out if closing the birth
canal up to 30% is bad for mothers or babies.

How many women are going to want their birth canals closed the "extra" up to
30%?

Some (Lucy for example) are going to DEMAND it.

I think most (all?) women would.

I say exposing the OB lies will make a HUGE difference - once medical
doctors get on board and start ringing Tendring's PREVENTION bell.

Here are The Four OB Lies for your convenience - you might want to include
them in your email-followed-by-hard-copy-letter to Tendring Primary Care
Trust...

I noted some of the OB lies in an Open Letter to the FTC years ago...
http://home1.gte.net/gastaldo/part2ftc.html
THE FOUR OB LIES...

OB LIE #1. After MASSIVE change in the AP pelvic outlet diameter was
clinically demonstrated in 1911 and radiographically demonstrated in 1957,
the authors of Williams Obstetrics began erroneously claiming that pelvic
diamaters DON'T CHANGE at delivery.

OB LIE #2. After Ohlsen pointed out in 1973 that pelvic diameters DO
change - the authors of Williams Obstetrics began erroneously claiming that
their most frequent delivery position - dorsal - widens the outlet.

OB LIE #3. After I pointed out in 1992 that dorsal CLOSES - and so does
semisitting - the authors of Williams Obstetrics - put the correct
biomechanics in their 1993 edition - but kept in their text (in the same
paragraph!) - the dorsal widens bald lie that first called my attention to
their text...

OB LIE #4. OBs are actually KEEPING birth canals closed when babies get
stuck - and claiming they are doing everything to allow the birth canal open
maximally. (ACOG Shoulder Dystocia video - also forceps and vacuum births
are performed with the mother in lithotomy.)

See Make birth better: Dan Rather, before you leave CBS...

TENDRING: UNNECESSARY SURGERIES

Stopping hospital obstetricians from placing women semisitting or dorsal and
closing birth canals the "extra" up to 30% will likely prevent many
unnecessary EXPENSIVE surgeries:

Hospital obstetricians are slicing vaginas and abdomens en masse
(episiotomies and c-sections) - surgically/fraudulently inferring they are
doing/have done everything possible to open birth canals - even as they
close birth canals - up to 30%.

NOTE: Of course, allowing birth canals to open the "extra" up to 30% is not
going to prevent all episiotomies or c-sections - but regardless - hospital
obstetricians should not be closing birth canals - or KEEPING them closed
when babies get stuck.

PREGNANT WOMEN: It is easy to offer your baby the "extra" up to 30% of
outlet area by simply rolling onto your side as you push your baby out.

JUST BEWA Some OBs and CNMwives let you "try" alternative delivery
positions - but move you back to semisitting or dorsal (close your birth
canal) for
the actual delivery.

ALSO BEWA It is STANDARD PRACTICE for OBs to keep birth canals closed
when babies get stuck - i.e. - OBs are pulling with forceps and vacuums -
with
birth canals senselessly closed...

LADIES: Talk to your OB or CNMwife about this today.

WHITE ELEPHANT FACT: Pregnant women should not have to ASK obstetricians
for the "extra" up to 30%.

Tendring Primary Care Trust: If British GP Sarah doesn't write, I hope you
will take action anyway. There is no way that OBs should be keeping birth
canals closed when babies get stuck. No way. Think PREVENTION. Think
saving MONEY.

Once Tendring stops OBs from committing The Great Birth Robbery - Tendring
might want to look into stopping The Great Squat Robbery. (British OB Jason
Gardosi once in effect blamed one on the other.)

See Two robberies: educators can stop them
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/3047

This post will be archived for global access in the Google usenet archive.
Search http://groups.google.com for "Dr. Sarah's 30% letter to Tendring
(also: the obstetric 'chill pill' - bitter poison for some babies)"