My son's first birthday 7-7-

Old July 1st 03, 01:41 AM
me again

Default My son's first birthday 7-7-

A one year old will not remember their birthday in the future so IMHO I
would save the party for when they are a little older.

For my DS#1's first birthday we had one of his friends around for tea (a
fairly regular 'date' anyway) and had cake and other stuff. He didn't really
notice the difference.

Jane
"me" wrote in message
Hey guys, my name is Marcia and I need help! First off I'm a 22 year
old single parent from the bronx, and my only child is turning 1 on
July 7th and I have absolutely no idea what to do!!! My son's dad is
not in the picture and I barely have family so thats a no go but I
really didn't (nor can I afford) a big party anyhow. I was gonna buy
some gifts like toys and stuff maybe about 3 or 4 ,about 10 balloons
and a cake with a disposable camera and celebrate at home with him.
But I dunno a part of me is saying I'm a horrible parent for not
planning anything big for him, is this good enough? LoL, I'm really
interested in you guys ideas maybe what you guys did with your
children on their first birthday I'm sorry to intrude in like this
but I need help I can stick around and give some of my advice as
well if needed Thanks for reading!

Marcia

Old July 1st 03, 03:26 AM
Jo Thn

Hi Marcia;

My daughter's ten and I'm still trying to figure out what to do for her
first birthday! I've heard it's going to be this way for the rest of my
life: questioning, answering, asking the wrong
questions, thinking I have the answers, realizing I was wrong, thinking
I have better questions, going back to the drawing board, over-thinking,
underthinking, asking the wrong people, not asking the right people,
etc., etc., etc.!!! Hey, I think I'm going to ask my daughter what she
would have liked for her first birthday and then do it now. I'll tell
her I've waited so long because I wanted her opinion......Yep, thank
you, Marcia, for your help. I can only say I wish my mother was as
concerned as you seem to be!

Old July 2nd 03, 04:43 AM
Byron Canfield

"me again" wrote in message
A one year old will not remember their birthday in the future so IMHO I
would save the party for when they are a little older.

Yes, the party on the first birthday (and second, possibly the third
birthday party, as well), is for the parents, not the child. We had them for
our daughter, but the emphasis was on OUR friends and relatives.

--
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
those who understand binary numbers and those who don't."

Old July 2nd 03, 11:46 PM
MarjiG

In article , Penny Gaines
writes:

I remember my second birthday. My dad and I took a bus to go and collect
our new car. It might not sound very exciting to an adult, but it must
have been to a 2yo, otherwise I wouldn't still remember it.

My older daughter remembers her 2nd birthday. It was a "Lion King" theme, they
made lion masks, and played musical toys. (Small toys in paper bags in a
circle, march around the circle until the music stops, see what's in the
closest bag)

By her 3rd birthday she was planning her own games. (And I was hiring her
pre-teen cousins to come help at the parties.)

-Marjorie

Birthday Parties and Gifts Usenet Fan General 21 June 22nd 04 02:09 AM
birthday cake help sher General 7 March 17th 04 11:05 PM
Need opinions about a birthday party (5 y.o.) Tina General 27 January 23rd 04 06:43 PM
Advice needed - birthday party and 25% of invited guests have RSVP'd - what should I do about the rest flowerlady General 32 September 26th 03 10:44 AM
(New Jersey) Man faults DYFS after son's near drowning [email protected] General 0 July 4th 03 08:38 AM