13+ weeks and stilllllll sick!

Old November 12th 03, 06:32 PM
Jill

Default 13+ weeks and stilllllll sick!

Ah crud. Everyone keeps telling em the morning sickness, or, what I call
"morning noon and night sickness" will go away. My dr says she was sick
until about 16 weeks.

It is really wearing on my nerrrrrrrves!! I do not vomit that much but I
have to try really hard not to- I lie down a lot, avoid smells and thoughts
of food, don't ride in cars, etc. I am housebound and miserable! I have been
home since about September 8!! I still throw up a few times a week but
mainly it's this unbearable, sick, sick nausea....

I am FAR from being able to eat a lot or a variety of foods...what kills me
is I can't even THINK about food. I can think of my favorite Italian
restaurant's salad, appetizers and my fave entree and I just get sick.If I
think about it anyway I WILL throw up (I haven't eaten this since way before
I became pregnant). I am so motion sick. I thought for sure I'd feel better
by the holidays, now I am not so sure.

I don't like to but have been so miserably sick I have to take Zofran 3
times a day and have to stay on it all the time- one missed pill=sick. But
this past week, even with Zofran, I am still queasy, it is not working like
it used to. I am WAY past Saltines...one thing I have found works besides
not letting my stomach get empty, is eating Sweet Tarts or Chewy Sweet
Tarts. I hate to do this, it helps just a little bit.

The list of items that make me sick is actually growing- some things I was
able to drink or eat that now make me sick on my stomach- ginger ale, ANY
lemon or lime sodas- 7-Up, Sierra Mist, etc...and now the orange Hi-C and
other fruit juices. I still can't eat ANY cheese at all. So, nothing
cheesy...no cheese in a salad...on a sandwich, or in the casserole. Even
vegetables are making me sick now, just steamed veggies!

Please, please.....at what point will I know that I am just going to be sick
the entire 9 months? Please don't say....you'll know when you have the baby,
that you were sick the whole time. First drs told me I'd be feeling better
after 10 weeks....then it was 12 weeks...then it was 16 weeks....if I am not
better then I swear they will tell me 18 weeks and then 20 weeks. I know
they dont know, but this is miserable. I can't even go out to the grocery
store or get a haircut, I am too sick!

Rant off...(I feel unsettled that I am having to stay on meds for sickness,
I don't like taking anything..what if it causes something??"

Old November 12th 03, 06:45 PM
Dagny

"Jill" wrote in message
.com...
Ah crud. Everyone keeps telling em the morning sickness, or, what I call
"morning noon and night sickness" will go away. My dr says she was sick
until about 16 weeks.

It is really wearing on my nerrrrrrrves!! I do not vomit that much but I
have to try really hard not to- I lie down a lot, avoid smells and

thoughts
of food, don't ride in cars, etc. I am housebound and miserable! I have

been
home since about September 8!! I still throw up a few times a week but
mainly it's this unbearable, sick, sick nausea....

snip

I think it's a bit cruel how they say you should be feeling better at 12 or
13 weeks ... I felt really bad until 20 weeks, and can't say pregnancy was a
blast the rest of the time.

However I always felt really good after I threw up, so I'm wondering if you
are up for a trial of letting yourself yak, followed immediately by a nice
meal?

--Dagny

Old November 12th 03, 07:00 PM
Jill

"Dagny" wrote

However I always felt really good after I threw up, so I'm wondering if

you
are up for a trial of letting yourself yak, followed immediately by a nice
meal?

--Dagny

Others have suggested this to me. IME of the times I did toss, I felt weak
and shakey afterwards and once I start it's hard to stop...I can't eat for
the rest of the day after throwing up. I wish I felt better after tossing,
I'd defintely do it!

Old November 12th 03, 07:52 PM
Naomi Rivkis

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:32:34 GMT, "Jill" wrote:

Please, please.....at what point will I know that I am just going to be sick
the entire 9 months? Please don't say....you'll know when you have the baby,
that you were sick the whole time. First drs told me I'd be feeling better
after 10 weeks....then it was 12 weeks...then it was 16 weeks....if I am not
better then I swear they will tell me 18 weeks and then 20 weeks. I know
they dont know, but this is miserable. I can't even go out to the grocery
store or get a haircut, I am too sick!

It really does usually go away but there *is* no set time, so you
can't be sure if when it's "too late". Mine lasted till about 21 weeks
and I was certain it would go the entire pregnancy. It didn't. My
mother's lasted seven months -- and then went away. The best guess
about what your pattern will be like is what your mother's was, but
that's far from reliable -- witness the discrepancy in my case.

I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but it's the best I can do.
There *are* people who stay sick till the baby's born, but not too
many of them. There are a WHOLE LOT more people who stay sick several
weeks longer than the doctors think is very common and then have it go
away. Here's hoping you're one of the latter and that it goes soon.

Naomi
Old November 12th 03, 08:07 PM
Sophie

There's no telling how long it'll last. Not only is everyone different but
every pregnancy is. My 3 were all very different. With my first I actually
threw up. With my 2nd I didn't but I lost weight. With my 3rd I had morning
sickness for 5 months. Go figure.

{{hugs}}

--
Sophie-
#4 due 7/18/04 - and waiting for the quesies to hit at the usual 7/8 week
mark

Old November 12th 03, 08:18 PM
Christine

Oh Jill, I really feel for you.
Part of me cant help it laugh at your post because it sounds exactly
like me....

I had to have my husband pull off to the side of the road last week and
I threw up all along the side of the road.....yuck!

Heres some good news, I'm feeling a lot better now, I'm around 10 or 11
weeks and it has been since Friday that i was sick. before that it was
EVERYDAY, ALL day,,,,it was horrible.....but i think its leaving
now...

I think I actually lost weight instead of gaining.....;-)...lol...

Hang n there,you'll wake up one day and feel good, you wont know how
to act..LOL.. but you'll feel good...

Christine

Old November 12th 03, 08:23 PM
Carol Ann

Poor Jill!

I wished I had some worldly wisdom for you.

There is ONE guarantee...it will go away after your baby is born....

((((((((((Jill)))))))))))))

~Carol Ann

Old November 12th 03, 08:35 PM
.x.

Hi Jill

I'm so sorry you are still so sick.

I am on the same time line as you and still having a hard time too - so my
thoughts are with you.

I am feeling better in the avo but every other time of the day I'm just
wasted.

My DH came home last night and I greeted him at the door with a positive
smile (you know the one you have when you are trying to convince yourself
not to puke) and he said "you're looking ugly". Oh my God - don't men ever
learn what not to say to a woman - especially a pregnant woman. I think he
meant to say "you don't look so well". Oh well - he does have some good
points - he got up this morning at 4am to make me a requested marmalade
sandwich...

I just live for those little windows where I feel OK enough to drive
somewhere - anywhere - just to get out of the house (along with the usual
plastic bags for emergencies).

I had to fill up with petrol yesterday and when I went inside to pay I
almost had to close my eyes due to all the FOOD everywhere - don't these
people know!!!! It was like a horror movie. I would rather be surrounded
by spiders and snakes than food...

Keep holding on there....

Camille
The one that's NOT positively glowing......
EDD 17 May 2004

PS No wonder men don't get pregnant...

Old November 12th 03, 09:25 PM
Jill

"Christine" wrote
Heres some good news, I'm feeling a lot better now, I'm around 10 or 11
weeks and it has been since Friday that i was sick. before that it was
EVERYDAY, ALL day,,,,it was horrible.

At about 11 weeks I felt MUCH better for an entire week, and stopped all
nausea meds etc. I thought, it's over-yay! Until one morning I violently
threw up all my stomach's contents and have been sick ever since (2+ weeks
now), actually feeling worse than ever.

It's so frustrating.

Old November 12th 03, 09:25 PM
Jill

"Carol Ann" wrote
There is ONE guarantee...it will go away after your baby is born....

I hoooooope so!