How do you releive a blocked up nose 6month old.

Old August 21st 03, 02:42 PM
Tsu Dho Nimh

Default How do you releive a blocked up nose 6month old.

"Mike" wrote:

Hi everyone from Orange NSW ( Australia )

Please excuse the expressions used in this post.

My son gets snot in his nose. Usually we use a cotton bud and drag it out
but this does not always work.

Its not a cold he has its just plain old boogs up his nose. It frustrates
the hell out of him and he scratches his nose.

Increase his water intake, and see if he will tolerate saline
nasal sprays. Also (have no clue if you are dry or damp
Australia) a humidifier session can help, or just a nice steamy
shower with a parent.

Until babies learn to "blow" on command, they are prone to
boogers.

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both
Old August 21st 03, 04:36 PM
Elizabeth Reid

"Mike" wrote in message ...
Hi everyone from Orange NSW ( Australia )

Please excuse the expressions used in this post.

My son gets snot in his nose. Usually we use a cotton bud and drag it out
but this does not always work.

Its not a cold he has its just plain old boogs up his nose. It frustrates
the hell out of him and he scratches his nose.

Can anyone sugest anything.

I've found with my son that the only thing that works is
water. When he's got a stuffed-up nose, I do two things
depending on the circumstances; I give him a bath and
pour some water over his face, so some gets in his nose,
or I squirt some saline nose drops in his nose (these
are available at the drug store in the US). Usually the
liquid loosens the solidified snot and he snorts it out
fairly promptly.

Beth

Breastfeeding and picking your nose and eating it... Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 5 March 29th 04 08:03 AM
Nose Bleeds KD Pregnancy 4 October 24th 03 04:39 AM
Weird Nose on 32 Week Sonogram? Zucca4 Pregnancy 5 October 4th 03 09:03 AM
Blocked tear duct at 5 months Laurie General 9 September 15th 03 06:19 PM
Nose Bleed and seeing spots? Circe Pregnancy 9 August 29th 03 06:54 PM