story book with cassette tape

Old August 8th 03, 12:07 PM
Jean

Default story book with cassette tape

hi, for those who have these, do they appeal to your kids? is the
reading very formal or the reader does varies his/her tone. pls share
your comment. thanks.

regards,
jean

Old August 8th 03, 05:46 PM
H Schinske

"Jean" wrote in message
om...
hi, for those who have these, do they appeal to your kids? is the
reading very formal or the reader does varies his/her tone. pls share
your comment. thanks.

Well, obviously, it depends on the reader! Some are good and some are terrible.
You can get them from the library if you want to try them out before buying.

--Helen

Old August 8th 03, 09:15 PM
Iowacookiemom

I had a number of Disney ones that were great for car trips or plane trips--
we
gave DD a walkman and she kept herself amused!

We had those too. Once for a long car ride we made a tape of *us* reading
Henry's favorite books to him -- he was probably about 3 or 4. We cracked
ourselves up pulling a late night recording session while using one of those
silly slide whistles to signal the page turns, and drinking beer as we went.
We still have the tape -- I think I'll dig it out tonight and we can have a
good laugh. IIRC our voices begin to slur a bit with sleepiness and beer
toward the end...

Henry will probably be *mortified* publicly (he's at that age) but secretly
he'll enjoy it.

Also IIRC he was so enthralled by the tape of us reading that he got carsick
from doing the books/tapes too long. I remember a wild rest stop somewhere in
Kansas to change clothes and clean up vomit...

Such happy memories! (no, really, they are!)

Also, when we adopted Henry the agency suggested we send a tape of our voices
to be played to him prior to his placment with us (he was in foster care for a
short time). We recorded ourselves reading poetry, and still have that tape
too.

-Dawn
Mom to Henry, 10

Old August 9th 03, 03:06 AM
just me

"Robyn Kozierok" wrote in message
In article ,
just me wrote:
The story teller was Lamar Burton, who you know from Star Trek Next
Generation as well as the PBS Between the Lions [iirc].

He is/was on Reading Rainbow. I don't think he is/was also on Between
the Lions, but I'm not sure.

I think you are right. Since DS is now pushing 8 really hard I haven't seen
either show in several years and they kind of merge together after a
while........ ;-) Thanks for the clarification!

-Aula
--
to contact me do not use reply to function but send non snail mail to my
first name at cfl dot rr d o t c o m

---

Old August 9th 03, 01:55 PM
Jayne Kulikauskas

just me wrote:
The story teller was Lamar Burton, who you know from Star Trek Next
Generation as well as the PBS Between the Lions [iirc].

He is/was on Reading Rainbow. I don't think he is/was also on Between
the Lions, but I'm not sure.

And, just to be picky, it's Lavar Buront. g

Jayne

Old August 9th 03, 06:16 PM
Laura Faussone

just me wrote:

Ok, Now you guys did it! I just *had* to go check on spelling and so on
since I thought "buront" was incorrect. Guess what I found out: various
spellings. According to one site on Star Trek Next Generation it is LeVar
Burton. According to one site on Reading Rainbow it is Lavar Burton. So,
take your pick, but here are some URL's for ha ha's!

LeVar:
http://www.fortunecity.com/rivendell...tng/burton.htm
Lavar: http://jumptheshark.com/r/readingrainbow.htm
http://ter.air0day.com/index.php?script=startrek9

Enjoy! That first URL is at least pretty to look at.....although my very
quick glances did not take in anything that made me think any of them are
official by the actual producers or something.

-Aula

According to IMDB it's LeVar Burton, birthname Levardis Robert Martyn Burton
Jr.

Laura

Old August 9th 03, 07:19 PM
just me

"Laura Faussone" wrote in message
According to IMDB it's LeVar Burton, birthname Levardis Robert Martyn

Burton
Jr.

Cool detective work! And, in my opinion, his birth name is just as
marketable and neat as his screen name, but oh well. So, what is IMDB?

-Aula

---

Old August 9th 03, 09:56 PM
Laura Faussone

just me wrote:

"Laura Faussone" wrote in message
According to IMDB it's LeVar Burton, birthname Levardis Robert Martyn

Burton
Jr.

Cool detective work! And, in my opinion, his birth name is just as
marketable and neat as his screen name, but oh well. So, what is IMDB?

-Aula

www.imdb.com (Internet Movie Database) - It's a great place to look up
actors/movies/tv shows

Laura

Old August 10th 03, 01:20 AM
just me

"Laura Faussone" wrote in message

www.imdb.com (Internet Movie Database) - It's a great place to look up
actors/movies/tv shows

Cool!
/adds to favorites.

That is going to be helpful on more than one occasion!

-Aula

---