No signs?

Old August 4th 03, 01:07 PM
MariaBr

Default No signs?

I am 38 years old and have never been pregnant. My menstrual cycle is
25 days and it is normally very regular. However, lately I am
beginning to wonder what's happening. My last period was 39 days ago.
My question is: can I be pregnant without "feeling" pregnant and
having ANY of the common symptoms (nausea, breast tenderness, frequent
urination etc)? Four days ago I felt as if my period would come, but
it didn't. I eat thyroid medicine and my doctor increased my dose in
April. Also, what is the "normal" body temperature during pregnancy?
Old August 4th 03, 01:52 PM
Carol Ann

:: I am 38 years old and have never been pregnant. My menstrual cycle is
:: 25 days and it is normally very regular. However, lately I am
:: beginning to wonder what's happening. My last period was 39 days ago.
:: My question is: can I be pregnant without "feeling" pregnant and
:: having ANY of the common symptoms (nausea, breast tenderness, frequent
:: urination etc)? Four days ago I felt as if my period would come, but
:: it didn't. I eat thyroid medicine and my doctor increased my dose in
:: April. Also, what is the "normal" body temperature during pregnancy?

I'm 39 and my period was approximately 10 days late in June and never came
in July. I tested on July 21st and it showed negative then I tested on July
28th and discovered I was pregnant

Other than the usual menstual type cramping, breast tenderness (which began
around July 10th) and no blood, I didn't notice anything different. I don't
have nauseau. Now I suffer from slight pain once in a while on my left
lower abdomin. I believe the headaches are caffeine withdrawal. Other than
that, if I hadn't tested, I would NEVER have thought pregnancy. I thought
it my being late was perhaps premenapausal symptoms. Who knew??

I am guesstimating that I'm approximately 5 weeks pregnant. My first OB
exam is on the 11th (yea, one more week).

My recommendation is to get an at home pregnancy test. If it shows
negative, wait a week and if you still don't start, test again and/or make
an appointment to see your GYN.

~Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the Monthly Weightloss Challenge

Old August 4th 03, 06:45 PM
jjmoreta

"MariaBr" wrote in message
om...
I am 38 years old and have never been pregnant. My menstrual cycle is
25 days and it is normally very regular. However, lately I am
beginning to wonder what's happening. My last period was 39 days ago.
My question is: can I be pregnant without "feeling" pregnant and
having ANY of the common symptoms (nausea, breast tenderness, frequent
urination etc)? Four days ago I felt as if my period would come, but
it didn't. I eat thyroid medicine and my doctor increased my dose in
April. Also, what is the "normal" body temperature during pregnancy?

It's perfectly normal for some women to have absolutely no symptoms of
pregnancy through their first trimester. Its also perfectly normal for
"normal" first trimester symptoms not to show up for a few weeks yet. Its
also perfectly normal for symptoms to show up and disappear. Pregnancy
symptoms are a pain, aren't they? 8)

In pregnancy, the hormones (forget which one offhand) increase your body
temperature, which I seem to remember might go hand-in-hand with your
increasing metabolism. With this pregnancy (my third), I really swore that
I had the flu this time because it felt like I had a fever the first couple
of months. My face was flushed and I felt hot all the time (and it was
still winter). I think your body temperature goes up half a degree, but it
might be more (I can't remember).

Take a pregnancy test and you'll know for sure. Good luck!

- Joanne
#1 - 25w6d

Old August 4th 03, 07:50 PM
Em

"MariaBr" wrote in message
I am 38 years old and have never been pregnant. My menstrual cycle is
25 days and it is normally very regular. However, lately I am
beginning to wonder what's happening. My last period was 39 days ago.
My question is: can I be pregnant without "feeling" pregnant and
having ANY of the common symptoms (nausea, breast tenderness, frequent
urination etc)? Four days ago I felt as if my period would come, but
it didn't. I eat thyroid medicine and my doctor increased my dose in
April.

My only real symptom the month I got pregnant was a feeling of fullness or
bloating in the abdomen. Breast tenderness didn't begin until about 1.5
weeks after I had a positive pregnancy test. I never did have morning
sickness. I also didn't notice an increase in urination (though I've always
been someone who pees a lot!). I would suggest taking a pregnancy test if
you think pregnancy is a possibility--at this point it will likely be
positive if it is going to be positive!

Also, what is the "normal" body temperature during pregnancy?

Normal body temperature while pregnant or not fluctuates throughout the day
(usually between 97-99). I have read that it is slightly elevated during
pregnancy, but it really isn't by much (like 98.8). I just took mine out of
curiosity (I'm 33 weeks pregnant) and it was 98.4 Before I got pregnant, it
was often about 97.8, but I didn't take it throughout the day, so I don't
know if it was usually 98.4 at 2:00 in the afternoon even while
non-pregnant!

Best wishes!

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Old August 5th 03, 06:58 AM
MariaBr

Well, I did a home pregnancy test and unfortunately it was negative
:-(. My Ob/Gyn told me to begin taking Duphaston for 10 days for 3
months. This is to increase my progesterone level. So I'll do that and
see what happens... Hopefully...