Question for pacifier users

Old November 22nd 03, 05:09 PM
Kathy

Default Question for pacifier users

Our dd (almost 10 months) has started to want to suck more and more in
the past couple of weeks. I often find her laying in her crib sucking
furiously on her hands and fingers.

Early on she had no interest in a pacifier, but lately she really seems
to enjoy using one now and then.

My question: Is there a certain age where babies start to be able to
keep the pacifier in their mouths on their own?

The only way dd can use the pacifier is if someone holds it in her
mouth. If we don't do that it ends up falling out within seconds and
then she gets mad. I realize that she wont be able to keep it in for
very long stretches for some time, but it would be nice if I could walk
away from her for a minute or two without her losing it and starting to
cry.

Any advice on how we can help her learn to keep it in?

Thanks in advance for your help-
Kathy

Old November 22nd 03, 05:51 PM
Rob and Laura

She should be able to hold it in her mouth for sure at 10 months. I think if
you have to hold itin her mouth its just a sign that she really does not
want it that bad.
Why not let her suck on her fingers and hands? Izabella never took a
pacifier, mind you I tried but gave up and to this day will not. She just
sucks and sucks her hands because shes teething, and at about 5 months
stopped sucking her thumb, due to her teeth coming in.

--
Laura, TTC #2
Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**

Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM
Dumb first time mom question :) Donna General 7 July 28th 03 03:29 PM