Strange question when coming from a man, especially from Crash.

Old January 27th 08, 04:16 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Crash

Default Strange question when coming from a man, especially from Crash.

Crash, who has no children, does have a question he will not ask his
girlfriend, mother, or anyone else in person; he is too easy to embarrass.
I am writing a post-apocalyptic story that I am trying to keep as realistic
as possible but I have a sticking point and my Google Fu has failed me. I
would like to know how long after giving birth would a woman start
menstruating again. Furthermore does age have anything to do with it,
specifically a 15 year old?
Thank you for any information you share with me.

Crash

Please note that Crash is not Crash's real name; please excuse Crash for not
telling his real name.

Old January 27th 08, 04:42 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Why does Crash refer to himself in the third person? What, are you Yoda?

I'm sure that Google has given you information as accurate as is possible.
There is no set answer. You cannot say, "A woman will start to menstruate 8
weeks (or 8 months) after she gives birth." Every woman is different. Some
women, regardless of age, do not menstruate for a year or longer, while they
are breastfeeding their baby as a sole means of feeding. Others will
breastfeed just as much and often, and get their periods back after 2-3
months. If the mother isn't breastfeeding for some reason, then her periods
would likely return after 6-8 weeks. Age does not have anything to do with
it.
--

Jamie Clark

Old January 27th 08, 05:37 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Marie

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 16:16:55 GMT, "Crash" crashblade101@no
spam.hotmail.com wrote:
Crash, who has no children, does have a question he will not ask his
girlfriend, mother, or anyone else in person; he is too easy to embarrass.
I am writing a post-apocalyptic story that I am trying to keep as realistic
as possible but I have a sticking point and my Google Fu has failed me. I
would like to know how long after giving birth would a woman start
menstruating again. Furthermore does age have anything to do with it,
specifically a 15 year old?
Thank you for any information you share with me.

Crash, in a post-apocalyptic world, moms would be
breastfeeding(right?), and when you breastfeed it is very common to go
up to 15 months or later with no period. Not all breastfeeding women
take so long, but most that I know do. It could be anywhere from a
month afterwards. Also, lots of times, when the baby begins sleeping
through the night, breastfeeding is reduced and that kick-starts the
mom's cycle. So if the baby's sleeping factors into your story, there
you go. That's alot of info but when I read a story/book, I like it to
make sense. And age really doesn't factor into it, that I've seen.
And I would advise you not to be embarassed about things like that lol
Marie
Old January 28th 08, 05:04 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Crash

On 27-Jan-2008, "Jamie Clark" wrote:

Why does Crash refer to himself in the third person? What, are you Yoda?

Because Crash is strange or maybe because I am strange?

I'm sure that Google has given you information as accurate as is possible.

There is no set answer.

that's what I was afraid of.

Thank you for your kind help

Crash
Old January 28th 08, 05:04 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Crash

On 27-Jan-2008, Marie wrote:

Crash, in a post-apocalyptic world, moms would be
breastfeeding(right?),

yes

when you breastfeed it is very common to go
up to 15 months or later with no period

That's interesting, very interesting. It's amazing how complex the human
body is.

Thank you very much

Crash
Old January 28th 08, 07:18 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
betsy

On Jan 27, 9:04 pm, "Crash" crashblade101@no spam.hotmail.com wrote:
On 27-Jan-2008, Marie wrote:

Crash, in a post-apocalyptic world, moms would be
breastfeeding(right?),

yes

when you breastfeed it is very common to go
up to 15 months or later with no period

That's interesting, very interesting. It's amazing how complex the human
body is.

Thank you very much

Crash

In addition to frequency and duration of breastfeeding, other factors,
such as body fat percentage and the speed at which a woman regains
lean muscle mass may be involved in the timing of a return to
fertility. In western cultures, women who breastfeed exclusively tend
to have a delayed return of fertility, but it is usually not delayed
as much as in some aboriginal cultures where breastfeeding may cause
the average spacing between children to be as much as 4 years apart.

Westernization and urban life tend to cause a culture's birthrate to
rise
dramatically.

--Betsy
Old January 29th 08, 05:49 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

On Jan 27, 11:16*am, "Crash" crashblade101@no spam.hotmail.com
wrote:
* * * * Crash, who has no children, does have a question he will not ask his
girlfriend, mother, or anyone else in person; he is too easy to embarrass.
*I am writing a post-apocalyptic story that I am trying to keep as realistic
*as possible but I have a sticking point and my Google Fu has failed me. *I
*would like to know how long after giving birth would a woman start
*menstruating again. *Furthermore does age have anything to do with it,
*specifically a 15 year old?
Thank you for any information you share with me.

Crash

Please note that Crash is not Crash's real name; please excuse Crash for not
telling his real name.

A 15 year old may not get a regular period after child birth for any
where between 3 and 6 months, if breast feeding or at one point was
breast feeding it may be evn longer. at the 6-8 week check up the MD
will do an exam and any concerns could be addressed
there.****also***it is very easy to get pregnant the entire 1st year
after child birth, very easy****
Old January 30th 08, 12:09 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Crash

On 28-Jan-2008, betsy wrote:

In addition to frequency and duration of breastfeeding, other factors,
such as body fat percentage and the speed at which a woman regains
lean muscle mass may be involved in the timing of a return to
fertility. In western cultures, women who breastfeed exclusively tend
to have a delayed return of fertility, but it is usually not delayed
as much as in some aboriginal cultures where breastfeeding may cause
the average spacing between children to be as much as 4 years apart.

Now I really see why I could not find a specific answer because it's not 42
day and 11 minutes. The actually answer is 'typically 1.5 - 15 months but
48 months is not unheard of'…that's nearly 4 years of variance; wow. I was
hoping for an easy answer but I guess I should have realized that with
something as complex as human reproduction there is no simple answer.
Thank you for taking the time to help me.
Crash
Old January 30th 08, 01:14 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Me Myself and I[_3_]

Yes but because ovulation comes before the menstruation you can never be
sure when that first ovulation is. And if you got pregnant with that very
first ovulation you would never even have another period.

--
Pip, in NZ

My girls :
DD1 Jasmine - 5 weeks early - March 02 - 4lb 12oz
Still as small as a peanut but as smart as a whip!

DD2 Abby - 8 weeks early - Feb 05 - 3lb 14oz
Two and a half and still a terror!!

"Yes you can drive me insane just by talking to me!"

On 28-Jan-2008, wrote:

at the 6-8 week check up the MD
will do an exam and any concerns could be addressed

I'm sure your right that she would have some of these questions answered
by
her Doctor at her 6 week check up; but, she is a fiction character and in
order for her to know anything at all I must know it or know where to find
out. Also that checkup would 2-4 weeks before the book starts and the
book
starts early on the first morning after the apocalypse cycle begins and
the
young woman doesn't come into the story until 13 days later so the main
protagonist would likely not know about it himself.

****also***it is very easy to get pregnant the entire 1st year
after child birth, very easy****

Do you mean only after menstruation starts again? I thought that
menstruation occurs at the end of ovulation and it's only during the
ovulation cycle that pregnancy can occur. Or am wrong? And I might be
wrong; 'Health' class in High School was a very long time ago.
Thank you
Crash