shave or not

Old October 17th 05, 06:49 PM
Snittens

Default shave or not

"Mum of Two" wrote

I guess maybe if you do it in advance, you risk getting infected hair
follicles? Not sure, just guessing.

That was my guess. Or they wanted the shave to be really fresh.

--
-Kelly

Old October 17th 05, 10:44 PM
Mum of Two

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
"oregonchick" wrote in message

"Mum of Two" wrote in message
"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
Shave your pubic hair off? Why? You don't even need to trim if you
don't want to. I wouldn't do any more than you normally do. That
includes shaving your legs or armpits. This isn't a beauty contest,
it's giving birth. Doctors, nurses and midwives have seen it all, and
have a lot more to concentrate on, or comment on (out loud or in their
heads) than the state of your pubes.

It could be a modesty/confidence thing. Isn't that why we wear makeup?
It's not as though virtually anyone else notices or cares. I trimmed
rather than shaved, shaved my legs and had a pedicure c/o my mother &
sister. I doubt it impressed my midwife any, lol, but it made me feel
good since I was already huge, hot and tired. Each to their own on this
one.

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

But I think the thing is to NOT feel obligated to do something you
normally don't do.

Exactly. If you don't normally wear make-up, I wouldn't recommend that
you put on a "face" for delivery. If you are "earthy crunchy" and don't
shave anything, then I wouldn't recommend a bikini wax just for delivery.
Sure, a trim could keep things cleaner post delivery, but so do frequent
showers and baths, for those who have never put a trimmer to those areas.
Do whatever it is that you normally do, that feels good and right to you.

I normally shave my lower legs, but not my upper thighs or bikini region.
I only do that if I'm going to the beach or pool, and then even not
required. I don't know that it would occur to me to shave my legs or upper
thigh/bikini region if I was going to deliver tomorrow. It's just not
important to me. There is no wrong or right answer, only what feels
normal and right to you.

Exactly.

--
http://www.freewebs.com/carlos2002/
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/ana%5Fj%5F2004/
My blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/querer-hijo-querer-hija/

Old October 17th 05, 11:00 PM
agent99

"Mum of Two" wrote in message
[...]

And if you're me (very glad to be posting anonymously at the moment!),
and have hair that grows long and straight rather than the
stereotypical short and curly, it can get very *ahem* matted with
increased discharge in later pregnancy, even if you are bathing all the
time! I kept trimmed but never shaved or waxed (sensitive skin, break
out terribly, ingrown hairs, etc).

How much body hair you have and its characteristics will obviously
influence whether you want to shave/trim/do nothing.

I'm glad it's in our hands, though. My mom showed my grandmother the
pictures of my first being born (I couldn't believe she was interested,
but she was!), and the first words out of her mouth were, "oh! They
don't shave you anymore! That's nice!" (she used to be a nurse)

I did have a pedicure both times, though. I figured "I may look like a
train wreck after delivering, but at least I'll have pretty feet,
dammit!"

99

Old October 17th 05, 11:14 PM
Mum of Two

"V." wrote in message
ups.com...

When I do have panic attacks now, it's
more about "You want _me_ to take care of an infant full-time?". I
suppose that will pass too!

Yeah, but then it translates to 'OMG I'm responsible for this energetic
toddler', and after that I guess you have to tackle math homework. Enjoy the
birth, I'm sure it's the least scary part!

Old October 18th 05, 01:46 AM
Mum of Two

"agent99" wrote in message
oups.com...

I did have a pedicure both times, though. I figured "I may look like a
train wreck after delivering, but at least I'll have pretty feet,
dammit!"

That, and I remember my feet being so sore at the end of my pg with DD!

Old October 18th 05, 05:20 PM
Cuddlefish

V. wrote:

Actually, it's funny but the last few weeks I have just sort of calmed
down about the whole labor and delivery part. I'm feeling more
confident that the baby is OK and that I can handle labor. Reading
about natural labor has helped and I liked the Marie Mongan
HypnoBirthing book as well. When I do have panic attacks now, it's
more about "You want _me_ to take care of an infant full-time?". I
suppose that will pass too!
Amy

Yeah, like you I got over the fear of labour quickly. Approaching labour
with confidence helped me immensely!

Save that panic for when the baby is born, LOL! Every day when dh goes
off to work, I am struck with this thought that he is leaving me alone
with a 2 month old! Doesn't he know I have no idea about babies? Hasn't
he figured that out yet? ;-)

Jacqueline
Old October 18th 05, 05:28 PM
Cuddlefish

Mum of Two wrote:
Yeah, but then it translates to 'OMG I'm responsible for this energetic
toddler', and after that I guess you have to tackle math homework. Enjoy the
birth, I'm sure it's the least scary part!

As a math teacher, this is the bit I'm gonna enjoy the most! ;-)

Jacqueline
Old October 18th 05, 10:46 PM
Mum of Two

"Cuddlefish" wrote in message
Mum of Two wrote:
Yeah, but then it translates to 'OMG I'm responsible for this energetic
toddler', and after that I guess you have to tackle math homework. Enjoy
the birth, I'm sure it's the least scary part!

As a math teacher, this is the bit I'm gonna enjoy the most! ;-)

You people make me ill. Do you want to come over and do ours too? I never
got the hang of long division. ;-)

Old October 19th 05, 01:49 PM
Sue

"Mum of Two" wrote in message
You people make me ill. Do you want to come over and do ours too? I never

got the hang of long division. ;-)

That's what calculators are for. ;o)
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old October 19th 05, 04:43 PM
Cuddlefish

Sue wrote:
"Mum of Two" wrote in message

You people make me ill. Do you want to come over and do ours too? I never

got the hang of long division. ;-)

That's what calculators are for. ;o)

Uh huh... if math was about arithmetic a simple machine could do, what
did I spend *four* years of my life studying at university, hey?

Math is about problem solving. We do that every minute of every day. It
is valuable we teach it to our kids. :-D

Jacqueline

Shaving legs Sue General 68 August 7th 04 09:43 AM
Shaving legs Claire Petersky General (moderated) 2 July 15th 04 10:15 PM
POLL: Do you trim your pubes? Carla Pregnancy 11 April 29th 04 09:02 PM
why do they maryann Pregnancy 23 November 20th 03 06:50 PM
shaving your legs during pregnancy na Pregnancy 34 August 17th 03 02:43 PM