modify child support (lower)

Old April 29th 04, 03:25 AM
Dusty

Default modify child support (lower)

"REB4MWC" reb4mwc@nospam. wrote in message
lkaboutparenting.com...
Let me clarify,
I meant that there are cases where moms are the ncp and they do not pay
just as well as dads. but to answer your question about who would get the
money if both parents are ordered to pay, which there are cases such as
this that exist, is possibly another family member who is raising the
child or state foster cares because both parents may be abusive somehow,
or the child may have an illness that the parents can't physically take of
the child. and then in some of these cases both mom and dad are also
deadbeats and that may be why another family member or the state has the
child and not the parents.
hope this clarified what i was trying to say before

Actually, in my not-so humble opinion, you're all over the map with this
one. But I will respond to your first point: cases where the NCP is a
mother, not a father and their compliance.

The number of male NCPs to female NCPs are vastly different. The ratio of
female NCPs is incredibly low to that of the ratio of male NCPs - especially
when compared to the ratio of those that pay actually their male CP
counterparts. I admit I may be off in the actual numbers (with luck,
someone will have the correct numbers and post them in a reply), but the
average ratio of paying female NCPs to male CPs is somewhere in the area of
less then 10%. With little or no court support for those same male CPs to
enforce the orders.

Whereas male NCPs paying female CPs, the compliance rate is around 80% or
more. And with (near) world-wide court support to enforce those orders
(including jail time, tax refund intercept, wage garnishment, etc..), you
have a better then 90% compliance rate.

I submit to you that your statement that "..there are cases where moms are
the NCP and they do not pay just as well as dads.." is false. The numbers
of female NCPs you made claim to do not reflect the number of male NCPs when
compared to their female counterparts.

Or to put it in the simplest terms - men pay more, women skate for free.

Old April 29th 04, 03:29 AM
Dave Briggman

Hey REB4MWC, I notice you're posting through talkaboutparenting...and by
some of your postings I'm drawing the inference that you're in Virginia.

The only reason why I asked is because the Director of DCSE who banned me
from all DCSE offices in Virginia because I said in this newsgroup that I
carried a gun into their offices because "I get less bull****" said that I
wrote this in talkaboutparenting.com -- as opposed to alt.child-support.

Are you the DCSE "informant" that I believe monitors this group?

Just curious. Neither what I wrote, nor the fact that someone sent it to
DCSE is illegal.

Old April 29th 04, 07:56 AM
Werebat

Gini52 wrote:

In article outparenting.com,
REB4MWC says...

no, I do not have the opinion that there is no good reason to lower
support. just that most of the time parents responsible for paying will
do what they can to have it lowered

such as quit their jobs or get fired
==
"Most of the time" the payors will "quit their jobs or get fired" just to have
support lowered? I seriously doubt the assertion. This seems more a hasty
generalization based on stereotype, not fact. Got data?

No, he doesn't.

Moreover, he's a fool, for several reasons that I don't care to enlighten
him on.

Not very net-savvy, are we, Reb?

- Ron ^*^

Old April 29th 04, 11:10 PM
FaThEr

talkaboutparenting is a site that achieves post of serval news groups..

Old April 29th 04, 11:10 PM
FaThEr

Old April 29th 04, 11:10 PM
FaThEr