some people are so STOOOOOOOOPID I wonder how they can LIVE

Old December 17th 03, 06:47 PM
Stephanie Stowe

Default some people are so STOOOOOOOOPID I wonder how they can LIVE

I work in cubicle land. I just went back yesterday. My experience with my
son was that if I went upstairs to the designated pump room every time I had
to pump, I never got anything done. You have to march upstairs, plug the
whole works in, pump for the designated amount of time while not at your
computer doing anything useful, pack it all back up, go downstairs then wash
the parts... So anyway, I decided to pump at my cubicle. I told my immediate
neighbors so they would not get freaked out by the noise. I hung a blanket
in the cube entry way so someone could not accidentally walk in during.

Not 5 minutes into my first pumping, someone complained to the manager. You
could not see anything. I was completely covered. Turns out you could not
hear anything over the general din of this place. What could possibly
offended someone? The boss told me to pump in the pump room. Fine. Whatever.
But what was the jerk off who complained thinking? I would just love to
know. I guess they do not want me to get much done on this project that is
supposedly key to the corporate vision. The woman from HR told me to stick
to my schedule of pumping, and if the work deteriorates the management will
have to come up with a solution because the company supports my doing
whatever it takes for me to pump. So there it is.

Old December 17th 03, 06:59 PM
Dawn Lawson

Stephanie Stowe wrote:

Not 5 minutes into my first pumping, someone complained to the manager. You
could not see anything. I was completely covered. Turns out you could not
hear anything over the general din of this place. What could possibly
offended someone?

Good grief.
Hmmm....any chance you could use the pump under a nursing shirt, and get
some other electrical dodad that you could have in your cubible...then
mask the pump sounds a little?

Good that your HR person is willing to make the committment...did you
talk about options wrt cubicle pumping with them?

Dawn

Old December 17th 03, 07:02 PM
Lucy

"Stephanie Stowe" wrote in message
t...
I work in cubicle land. I just went back yesterday. My experience with my
son was that if I went upstairs to the designated pump room every time I

had
to pump, I never got anything done.

snip
Not 5 minutes into my first pumping, someone complained to the manager.

snippetty snip

The same thing happened to me....and we have 7 foot cubicles with locking
doors!!! That happened back in April and I have still never found out who
complained. Instead, I just disappear from my desk for 20 minutes every day
(several times a day for the first few months).

And while we're ranting, one time I got a call from our medical department
saying that I'd have to pump elsewhere (i.e. in another building) one day
that week because an executive was coming into town and needed the room
reserved for the whole day, so she could use it at will. I talked to the
security guard who lets me in the room each day and he agreed with me that
it was stupid and said he'd continue to let us in on a
first-come-first-served basis. She never even showed up!

Lucy

Old December 18th 03, 03:26 AM
Irrational Number

Stephanie Stowe wrote:
[...] I decided to pump at my cubicle. [...]
Not 5 minutes into my first pumping, someone complained to the manager. [...]

So sorry to hear about this!!! I can't believe the
stupidity of some people. I pump in my cubicle. I
put a tall bookcase by the doorway so that I have
some privacy and I've told everyone around me. We
have short walls, but the men all respect my privacy
and no one peeks over. NO ONE at work has ever
squeaked anything about my pumping.

I wish you more support and I'm glad that at least
the company is on your side!

-- Anita --
--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE

Old December 18th 03, 03:59 PM
Kent_AOL

"Stephanie Stowe" wrote

I work in cubicle land. I just went back yesterday. My experience with my
son was that if I went upstairs to the designated pump room every time I had
to pump, I never got anything done. You have to march upstairs, plug the
whole works in, pump for the designated amount of time while not at your
computer doing anything useful, pack it all back up, go downstairs then wash
the parts... So anyway, I decided to pump at my cubicle. I told my immediate
neighbors so they would not get freaked out by the noise. I hung a blanket
in the cube entry way so someone could not accidentally walk in during.

Hmmm, let me get this straight. You (collective) breastfeeders have no
doubt whined, threatened, and harassed your company into spending
extra money on a pumping room--which most employees won't even benefit
from but all have to pay for--and now, after your company was kind
enough to spend the extra moeny on it, you are whining because you
can't be bothered to take the inconVEEEEnience of using it?

With attitudes like yours, is there ANY WONDER why bosses are at the
end of their ropes with new mothers and pregnancy policies? Nothing,
NOTHING satisfies you. I f you don't get your room, you raise hell.
When you DO get your room, you don't use it. What's next? Will you
soon insist that HR provide diaper-changers, as well? When did this
"attitude of entitlement" come about??

You know, I could be a lot more productive at work if I didn't have to
leave my desk to take a crap every morning. I guess I will bring in a
bucket...

Kent
Old December 18th 03, 04:15 PM
badgirl

"Kent_AOL"
om...

wrote some lame bull**** because he's a troll.

Anyone got any good holiday recipes?

Jen

Old December 18th 03, 04:49 PM
zeldabee

Stephanie Stowe was all, like:
The woman from HR told me to stick to my schedule of pumping,
and if the work deteriorates the management will have to come up with
a solution because the company supports my doing whatever it takes
for me to pump. So there it is.

I'm in the same boat. It's really annoying. Sometimes it takes me 20 minutes
to get access to the pumping room, and I've got to make up any time I go
over my lunch hour at the end of the day. Plus, several times a week,
someone's in the room resting on the easy chair they have in there, and I've
got to wait for them to leave. But I can't even pump downstairs in an unused
closet (which would be fine with me) because my boss resents the whole
pumping thing, and HR told him he had to let me do it. So, nurse's office it
is...

--
z e l d a b e e @ p a n i x . c o m
http://NewsReader.Com/

Old December 18th 03, 05:21 PM
badgirl

"zeldabee" wrote in message
I'm in the same boat. It's really annoying. Sometimes it takes me 20

minutes
to get access to the pumping room, and I've got to make up any time I go
over my lunch hour at the end of the day. Plus, several times a week,
someone's in the room resting on the easy chair they have in there, and

I've
got to wait for them to leave. But I can't even pump downstairs in an

unused
closet (which would be fine with me) because my boss resents the whole
pumping thing, and HR told him he had to let me do it. So, nurse's office

it
is...

--
z e l d a b e e @ p a n i x . c o m
http://NewsReader.Com/

Zeldabee,
is your pumping room marked as a pumping room or is it just a room they
fixed up like a lounge area?
If it's marked, if someone is in there that isn't pumping yuo have the right
to ask them to leave and not have to wait for them to decide on their own.
If it's just fixed up like a lounge area then you're pretty much out of
luck, but you could still nicely let them know you need to use the room.

Jen

Old December 18th 03, 05:21 PM
Dawn Lawson

badgirl wrote:

"Kent_AOL"
om...

wrote some lame bull**** because he's a troll.

Anyone got any good holiday recipes?

Yup.

1/2 C butter/marg - melt in 13x9 pan in oven
Sprinkle 1.5c graham crumbs over marg.
pour one can sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumbs
sprinkle 1 1/3c shredded coconut over milk
then alternate choc. chips and nuts (I used chips and candied fruit
bits) (about 1-1.5c each)
Press down gently to push into milk
bake at 350F for about 20-25 min til lightly brown

cool completely and cut.

Dawn