Help find online group re bio-parent issues

Old June 18th 04, 05:09 AM
Chris

Default Help find online group re bio-parent issues

"AZ Astrea" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message

"AZ Astrea" wrote in message

"Culinary" wrote in message
om...
Thanks, Zimm, for the suggestions as well as your response to Boby.
And as for you Boby23456, you are a fountain of compassion.

Thing is, these groups and sites I'm checking online all talk about
rights & laws & adoption politics . My case dosen't involve

adoption.
I need to talk about my feelings with someone who understands.
According to a Google search, the last time the word "feelings" was
mentioned in alt.support.adoption was 1997. : (
------------------
What are your feelings about her looking up her bio dad? Are you

afraid
that she may be hurt if he rejects her? Or is it more your afraid

you'll
lose her somehow?
I didn't know about my bio-dad until I was a teenager. I would like

find
him but the initial research I've done shows that he is probably

deceased.
I would like to find him if nothing else in order to find out about

any
health issues I may have.

With all due respect, the "health issues" reason is a worn out excuse to

see
who the guy is. If you want to learn about your health, I am sure that

any
medical facility can assist.

------------------
I don't know about that. On my mom's side I know there are a lot of heart
problems and my mom died of cancer so I have to get checked out

frequently.
I have no idea what there is on my dad's side. Perhaps there is cancer
prevalent in his side and I should be doing more than I am. Perhaps there
are genetic problems I should know about if I ever wanted to have kids.

I wouldn't want to find him just to ask why the hell he screwed around on
his wife and lied to my mom.

Let me guess, your mom told you so.

Sure I would like to get to know who he is,
what he likes to do, what he did with his life, etc. But since he might

not
be open to embracing me as a long-lost daughter I would at least like to
know about the other stuff.

If you got checked out regularly AND your physician was competent, then none
of the other stuff matters.

I would never want to put him on the spot or
force myself on him. But since he is probably already dead it's all moot
anyway.

~AZ~

He was never in my life, leaving my mom as soon
as he learned she was pregnant,(he was married w/kids she found out).

My
mom married the man who I have always thought of as dad when I was a

baby.
Of course it would be wonderful if I was to find him and he welcomed

me
as
long-lost daughter, but I don't think that would happen.
You have to know that just because your daughter wants to know her bio

dad
it doesn't mean she doesn't love you. That's the wonderful thing

about
love
you can give and give and give and still theres more to give!

~AZ~

Zimm wrote in message
there are several newsgroups: alt.support.adoption is one.

*******
Nation (hard name, good group) http://www.*******s.org/ is an

excellent
resource.

Zimm

Culinary wrote:
Please help!
My daughter is now an adult and is seeking to find her

biological
father who has not been in our lives since she was born. This

stirs
up many feelings.
What's a good on-line group for getting advice about other

people
in
similar situations?

FAQ July 2004 Daniel Single Parents 0 July 6th 04 02:25 AM
FAQ turtledove Single Parents 0 January 2nd 04 03:04 PM
Yet another "ready for solids?" Akuvikate Breastfeeding 30 November 18th 03 02:15 AM
The Determination of Child Custody in the USA Fighting for kids Child Support 21 November 17th 03 01:35 AM
The Plant answer DNA swab Question Kane Spanking 11 September 26th 03 09:14 AM