Where did they go??

Old September 8th 06, 01:15 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

Default Where did they go??

I finally went and bought a new bra only to discover my boobs seemed to
have disappeared!
I knew they would go southwards due to bf'ing, but not actually reduce
in size. I suppose a bit of it is the weight loss, but not that much.

Foo!

Old September 8th 06, 02:20 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
lucy-lu

wrote in message
oups.com...
I finally went and bought a new bra only to discover my boobs seemed to
have disappeared!
I knew they would go southwards due to bf'ing, but not actually reduce
in size. I suppose a bit of it is the weight loss, but not that much.

Foo!

Aw Jeni! My Dh says I have pneumatic boobs - they're huge in the mornings
and flat by bedtime!

Old September 8th 06, 02:23 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

lucy-lu wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I finally went and bought a new bra only to discover my boobs seemed to
have disappeared!
I knew they would go southwards due to bf'ing, but not actually reduce
in size. I suppose a bit of it is the weight loss, but not that much.

Foo!

Aw Jeni! My Dh says I have pneumatic boobs - they're huge in the mornings
and flat by bedtime!

LOL . The decribes it perfectly.

Old September 8th 06, 03:44 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers

I finally went and bought a new bra only to discover my boobs seemed to
have disappeared!
I knew they would go southwards due to bf'ing, but not actually reduce
in size. I suppose a bit of it is the weight loss, but not that much.

I've had the opposite, was 32C before pregnancy and breastfeeding, went to
get measured about a month ago, knowing I'd be 34 something, due to rib cage
expansion that hasn't full reversed, but was surprised to find I was a D,
though they don't look like a pre pregnancy D would have done! I'd put it
down to weight loss rather than entirely breastfeeding.

Definitely get measured, it may be that you've gone up or down a band size
and that can make quite a difference to the cup size and unless the band
size is right, you're not going to get a decent fit and once you do get a
decent fit your boobs may end up looking a whole lot better, I can't believe
the difference I've seen switching to an underwired bra with those cups that
are slightly padded, but uniformly, compared to a nursing bra in the same
size!

Cheers

Anne

Old September 12th 06, 04:16 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

Anne Rogers wrote:
[...]

Thanks for that. I think you are right, I think my ribcage has expanded
more than I thought. I did get measured a few months back but I was
nursing more then so my cups were a different size to what they are
now. I just assumed the rest of me would have reduced too but it seems
not to be so. And as predicted, since I returned to work and am less
active and nursing less some of the weight has returned, but to my hips
and belly, not boobs. Surely a design fault I'd say.

Jeni