sleeping through the night

Old June 21st 04, 11:10 PM
dill

Default sleeping through the night

we have 18-month-old twin girls. Since their birthday have not slept very
well at night. I can count on one hand , how many times they slept for the
night. We were wondering if anyone on this board have had this problem.we
know we're not the only ones with this problem , but we would appreciate any
ideas to help them sleep tonight.
thank you in advance
sleepless parents

Old June 22nd 04, 01:57 AM
KimandJuan

Has anything changed since then? Are they still in cribs? Did you take them
off the bottle at 12 months? Maybe it is that nighttime bottle they are
missing. They might need a before bed snack or some warm milk. Just a
thought...
~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
come see us...
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/

Old June 24th 04, 12:52 PM
Tanya Makins

Hi,

I think I've probably been blessed but we have twins b/g Charley and Molly
who are now 2 and a half, since they were six months when I put them into
their own room, I can count on maybe two hands how many sleepless nights
we've had.
Are your angels having a sleep through the day? I have just hit a period
where they would no longer go to bed at their usual 7.30-8pm so I've cut out
their daytime sleep, this has solved the problem so far. I also am a firm
believer in being cruel to be kind, if they have ever screamed and shouted
to get up, basically if I know they are safe and ok, they get ignored, I
close the door too and turn the tv up if necessary. Its not easy, I admit,
but a couple of nights and they get the message!! Its for your sake as much
as theirs. I have also been told also, that if you leave them for say 30
minutes then go into them, they know the following night that they need to
shout for at least that long so you really need to be mean and ignore them!!
Good luck x

Tanya, Nottingham, England
. ..

Old June 26th 04, 01:51 AM
TwinMom

A big thing that worked for us (all those years ago) was establishing some
kind (any kind really) of reliable routine. Whatever works for your family.
We did bath, jammies, warm bottles, and then lullabies. I can sing worth a
darn, but the same lullaby night after night and they knew what to expect.
It takes a week or three for them to get used to the routine, but once set,
it's worth the trouble. (BTW, on lullabies: Our almost 4 yo DD (my niece
really) had to have an EKG today (long story another day). Anyway, she was
supposed to sleep so we quieted the room, etc. I sang her my one lullaby and
the tech said it showed up as making her drowsy. Two more rounds of "Tu Ra
Lu Ra" and she was out! It still works on the boys also at 8yo. I don't know
if they're trying to escape the sound of my voice or what, but it works
every time.)