eek- birthday cake!

Old May 27th 07, 08:11 PM posted to misc.kids
Welches

Default eek- birthday cake!

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks all, I've definitely got something to work with now, I realised I'm
low on flour, so I'm off to prod the packet and work out how much there
is, then I might have to go shopping anyway! I'm pretty sure I don't have
vanilla either :-(.

Leave the vanilla out. Doesn't add anything to most recipes.
Debbie

Old May 27th 07, 08:28 PM posted to misc.kids
Ericka Kammerer

Anne Rogers wrote:
Can you go to the ice cream store and get an ice cream cake? They
will decorate it for you.

I'm pretty sure you have to order them 48hrs in advance.
Or go to Chuckie Cheese (where we took my mom for her 90th bday)

Generally you have to order in advance if you
want to specify exactly what you want. If you're willing
to take what they have in the case, you can buy it on the
spot and they'll put some wording on it while you wait.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old May 27th 07, 08:29 PM posted to misc.kids
Ericka Kammerer

Welches wrote:
"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks all, I've definitely got something to work with now, I realised I'm
low on flour, so I'm off to prod the packet and work out how much there
is, then I might have to go shopping anyway! I'm pretty sure I don't have
vanilla either :-(.

Leave the vanilla out. Doesn't add anything to most recipes.

That I would disagree with! Things aren't necessarily
bad without it, but I definitely notice the difference--especially
if you use good vanilla.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old May 27th 07, 08:57 PM posted to misc.kids
Welches

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
. ..
Welches wrote:
"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks all, I've definitely got something to work with now, I realised
I'm low on flour, so I'm off to prod the packet and work out how much
there is, then I might have to go shopping anyway! I'm pretty sure I
don't have vanilla either :-(.

Leave the vanilla out. Doesn't add anything to most recipes.

That I would disagree with! Things aren't necessarily
bad without it, but I definitely notice the difference--especially
if you use good vanilla.

I notice the difference sometimes. Usually much improved-I'm not very keen
on vanilla flavouring :-)
Debbie

Old May 27th 07, 09:26 PM posted to misc.kids
Knit Chic

"Welches" wrote in message

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks all, I've definitely got something to work with now, I realised
I'm low on flour, so I'm off to prod the packet and work out how much
there is, then I might have to go shopping anyway! I'm pretty sure I
don't have vanilla either :-(.

Leave the vanilla out. Doesn't add anything to most recipes.
Debbie

Ykes, you must not bake often.

Old May 27th 07, 09:28 PM posted to misc.kids
Welches

"Knit Chic" wrote in message
t...

"Welches" wrote in message

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks all, I've definitely got something to work with now, I realised
I'm low on flour, so I'm off to prod the packet and work out how much
there is, then I might have to go shopping anyway! I'm pretty sure I
don't have vanilla either :-(.

Leave the vanilla out. Doesn't add anything to most recipes.
Debbie

Ykes, you must not bake often.

Only about 4-5 times a week.
Debbie

Old May 28th 07, 06:15 AM posted to misc.kids
Anne Rogers[_2_]

Generally you have to order in advance if you
want to specify exactly what you want. If you're willing
to take what they have in the case, you can buy it on the
spot and they'll put some wording on it while you wait.

I remembered that later, but we're still not doing icecream cake, I find
they are sickly sweet, plus, we've no room in the freezer!

I went to Fred Mayer to buy flour and completely forgot vanilla essence!
durgh! oh well, I'm sure I've done chocolate cake without it before and it
not been a disaster!

Anne

Old May 28th 07, 06:16 AM posted to misc.kids
Anne Rogers[_2_]

Only about 4-5 times a week.

LOL, you must have a dislike for vanilla. I do buy the essence, not the fake
stuff, but I don't think I really notice it, but I forgot to buy it anyway!

Anne

Old May 28th 07, 02:25 PM posted to misc.kids
Rosalie B.

"Anne Rogers" wrote:

Only about 4-5 times a week.

LOL, you must have a dislike for vanilla. I do buy the essence, not the fake
stuff, but I don't think I really notice it, but I forgot to buy it anyway!

She did say somewhere that she didn't really care for vanilla.
Old May 29th 07, 03:36 AM posted to misc.kids
JennP.

"Welches" wrote in message

Leave the vanilla out. Doesn't add anything to most recipes.
Debbie

Really? I find vanilla makes a big difference in many of the recipes I make.
Sometimes I even add a dash to pancakes or waffles.

JennP.

Review: Layer Cake (*** 1/2) Steve Rhodes General 1 May 13th 05 12:10 PM
birthday cake help sher General 7 March 17th 04 10:05 PM
The Frog Cake... New York Jen Breastfeeding 21 February 5th 04 02:09 PM
Cake decoration FOLLOW-UP Lejla/Lyla General 0 November 5th 03 06:42 AM
cake making help needed - camouflaged cake! just me General 5 September 23rd 03 02:18 AM