Expert on certainty of memory forgets

Old January 13th 07, 12:06 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

Default Expert on certainty of memory forgets

http://www.newsoftheweird.com/archive/nw061217.html
University of California, Irvine, professor Elizabeth Loftus, a
prominent scholar on people's overconfidence about memory, was turned
down by the judge as an expert witness in November in the forthcoming
trial of "Scooter" Libby (Vice President Cheney's former assistant, who
has been charged with lying to prosecutors about phone conversations,
which Libby says weren't lies but just forgetfulness). At a hearing on
Loftus' credentials, prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald not only exposed
some problems with her research but elicited from Loftus the confident
assertion that the two had never before met. However, Fitzgerald then
immediately refreshed Loftus' memory, reminding her that he had
cross-examined her in court once before. [Washington Post, 10-27-06]

Old January 13th 07, 12:16 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Dan Sullivan

Greegor wrote:
http://www.newsoftheweird.com/archive/nw061217.html
University of California, Irvine, professor Elizabeth Loftus, a
prominent scholar on people's overconfidence about memory, was turned
down by the judge as an expert witness in November in the forthcoming
trial of "Scooter" Libby (Vice President Cheney's former assistant, who
has been charged with lying to prosecutors about phone conversations,
which Libby says weren't lies but just forgetfulness). At a hearing on
Loftus' credentials, prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald not only exposed
some problems with her research but elicited from Loftus the confident
assertion that the two had never before met. However, Fitzgerald then
immediately refreshed Loftus' memory, reminding her that he had
cross-examined her in court once before. [Washington Post, 10-27-06]

Evidently Patrick Fitzgerald isn't a memorable person.

Old January 13th 07, 12:24 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

Greegor wrote:
http://www.newsoftheweird.com/archive/nw061217.html
University of California, Irvine, professor Elizabeth Loftus, a
prominent scholar on people's overconfidence about memory, was turned
down by the judge as an expert witness in November in the forthcoming
trial of "Scooter" Libby (Vice President Cheney's former assistant, who
has been charged with lying to prosecutors about phone conversations,
which Libby says weren't lies but just forgetfulness). At a hearing on
Loftus' credentials, prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald not only exposed
some problems with her research but elicited from Loftus the confident
assertion that the two had never before met. However, Fitzgerald then
immediately refreshed Loftus' memory, reminding her that he had
cross-examined her in court once before. [Washington Post, 10-27-06]

I'll bet you didn't get it, Greg.

A perfect example of your ranting mindless bias getting in the way of
your capacity to think and the irony REALLY involved here.

The JUDGE WAS WRONG.

If ever there was a credible witness this would be it...someone who is
an expert "on people's overconfidence about memory" demonstrating that
even SHE is overconfident about her memory.

Now lie and tell me you got that little twist.

R R R R R R R RR R R RR R

Old January 13th 07, 12:40 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Doan

On 12 Jan 2007, Dan Sullivan wrote:

Greegor wrote:
http://www.newsoftheweird.com/archive/nw061217.html
University of California, Irvine, professor Elizabeth Loftus, a
prominent scholar on people's overconfidence about memory, was turned
down by the judge as an expert witness in November in the forthcoming
trial of "Scooter" Libby (Vice President Cheney's former assistant, who
has been charged with lying to prosecutors about phone conversations,
which Libby says weren't lies but just forgetfulness). At a hearing on
Loftus' credentials, prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald not only exposed
some problems with her research but elicited from Loftus the confident
assertion that the two had never before met. However, Fitzgerald then
immediately refreshed Loftus' memory, reminding her that he had
cross-examined her in court once before. [Washington Post, 10-27-06]

Evidently Patrick Fitzgerald isn't a memorable person.

LOL! That is funny!

Doan

Old January 13th 07, 04:31 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

Kane wrote
If ever there was a credible witness this would be it...someone who is
an expert "on people's overconfidence about memory" demonstrating that
even SHE is overconfident about her memory.

Now lie and tell me you got that little twist.

You seem rather certain of that.

Old January 13th 07, 04:37 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

Greegor wrote:
Kane wrote
If ever there was a credible witness this would be it...someone who is
an expert "on people's overconfidence about memory" demonstrating that
even SHE is overconfident about her memory.

Now lie and tell me you got that little twist.

You seem rather certain of that.

Greg, in the first week of my lurking here observing ascps and you silly
mentally flatulent twits I knew damn well which way you would go when
under what circumstances. You are a classic case. I studied you for
years before I ran into you. And others just like you here.

You are full of delusions about yourself.

It's why you did what you did.

0:-]
Old January 13th 07, 04:41 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

0:- wrote:
Greegor wrote:
Kane wrote
If ever there was a credible witness this would be it...someone who is
an expert "on people's overconfidence about memory" demonstrating that
even SHE is overconfident about her memory.

Now lie and tell me you got that little twist.

You seem rather certain of that.

Greg, in the first week of my lurking here observing ascps and you silly
mentally flatulent twits I knew damn well which way you would go when
under what circumstances. You are a classic case. I studied you for
years before I ran into you. And others just like you here.

You are full of delusions about yourself.

It's why you did what you did.

overconfidence about memory
You seem rather certain of that

Didn't you get it???

Old January 13th 07, 04:43 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

Greegor wrote:
0:- wrote:
Greegor wrote:
Kane wrote
If ever there was a credible witness this would be it...someone who is
an expert "on people's overconfidence about memory" demonstrating that
even SHE is overconfident about her memory.

Now lie and tell me you got that little twist.
You seem rather certain of that.

Greg, in the first week of my lurking here observing ascps and you silly
mentally flatulent twits I knew damn well which way you would go when
under what circumstances. You are a classic case. I studied you for
years before I ran into you. And others just like you here.

You are full of delusions about yourself.

It's why you did what you did.

overconfidence about memory
You seem rather certain of that

Didn't you get it???