Merry Christmas! Anyone remember us?

Old January 12th 05, 01:10 AM
Paul Griffiths

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:23:34 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:

If ya find it, set it for 1975 for me. I got a score to settle.

:-)

Should I ask what happened then? Perhaps not.

yeah.. no. It wouldn't mean anything to anyone but me even if I told
the story.

I would have hid the money I earned better and said "No" more often to
my family even if it had meant that they'd have to have bread for
dinner instead of the meals that I slaved to cook. Maybe someone
would have realized something was very wrong in the house and helped.
I was just a kid.

Yeah, I know how that works. I got a Summer job when I was 15 and waiting
for exam results but I don't think I saw a penny of what I earned. Times
were hard though. We had the gas and / or electricity cut off quite a few
times when I was a kid. Both my parents had fairly serious illnesses at
various times and logged quite a bit of hospital time. With that history
and the economic climate at the time jobs weren't alweays easy to come by.

Thereya go. Wasn't that less pleasant than you thought it would be?

Sorry about that but I wasn't the *very* nosey one. ;-)

It was for me.

For better or worse our history is what helps to make us what we are, right?
Nothing to be ashamed of.

--
Paul Griffiths

Old January 15th 05, 11:40 AM
denanson

"Cele" wrote in message

But then, you'll be the one with the Irish accent, I
suspect.....

Sorry, I'm English!
Freddie is Irish though.

Dennis

Old January 15th 05, 12:58 PM
Cele

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 10:40:48 -0000, "denanson" Dennis@Large .ie
wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message

But then, you'll be the one with the Irish accent, I
suspect.....

Sorry, I'm English!
Freddie is Irish though.

Dennis

Well, there'll be other guys there with English accents, so I guess
it's up to Freddie, then.....

;-)

Cele
Old January 19th 05, 02:14 AM
Alex Nemeth

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:06:22 -0500, "P. Fritz"
wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 04:02:12 GMT, 'Kate wrote:

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 15:40:12 GMT, Cele wrote:

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 20:05:40 -0000, "denanson" Dennis@Large .ie
wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message

So do I get a beer too, or is this a guy-only thing?

See Paul! Like I was saying!

Dennis ;-)

Heh. Nah, it's the beer I want, not the stag. That's ok. Christine and
Kate and I will just take our beer somewhere where we're wanted.....

(No! I'm not talking about the Post Office!)

Cele

So what you're saying is the reason why I don't like beer (just
catching on here) is because I'm 'Merican and not just 'cause I don't
happen to like beer?

'Kate

Nope. What I'm saying is that it's *possible* that the reason that you
don't like beer is that American beer isn't...well....the gold
standard...as it were.....

ducking and running

Cele

No need to duck and run......I don't drink that crap either....what is
really bad is when you get to places like Ga, and all they have ever heard
of is bud........

Or Billy-Beer

I'll take a 'blue' or 'golden' any day over the domestic stuff here,
runner up choice is fosters :-)

Old January 19th 05, 02:27 AM
Alex Nemeth

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:34:14 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:

"P.Fritz" wrote in message
"Cele" wrote in message

[snip]

Blue - now that's a lot closer. Kokanee would be my preference.
Fosters...Lordy...you shoulda seen the size of the Fosters tin Paul
was served in Manhattan! The tin was so big T took it home to show her
friends.

Must have been one of those 'oil cans' That was the only way you could

get
it in the states 20 years ago (now I'm showing my age ;-) )

20 years ago in the States was the first time I had one that size too. We
must be of similar ages.

you young whippersnappers

I can remember "special events" of 20 yes ago, but not the beer,
probably because I drank Jack D. Cptn Morgan,

Odd thing is that I remember a time when it was illegal to transport
Coors east of the Mississppi River ( or so I was told at the time ) ,
and my grandfather coming home with a couple of cases after a trip to
Reno. Now if I could only remember what it tasted like.

These recent ones were 24 ounces but I have a feeling the older ones might
have been even bigger.

Never saw one like that when I was in Australia, so I don't
know what that's all about.

BTW, in Oz, I discovered that only tourists order Fosters. It's XXX or
DB there, it seems. But the Aussies make good beer.

Those liters of beer went down easy in Munich too!

A beer fest is something I've always wanted to go to but so far haven't
managed.

I also liked the 1/2 wheat beer and 1/2 lemonade.......didn't get you
hammered in the middle of the day :-)

What's wrong with getting hammered in the middle of the day then? :-)

Old January 19th 05, 03:41 AM
Alex Nemeth

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:06:01 -0500, "P.Fritz"
wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:06:22 -0500, "P. Fritz"
wrote:

[snip]

So what you're saying is the reason why I don't like beer (just
catching on here) is because I'm 'Merican and not just 'cause I don't
happen to like beer?

'Kate

Nope. What I'm saying is that it's *possible* that the reason that you
don't like beer is that American beer isn't...well....the gold
standard...as it were.....

ducking and running

Cele

No need to duck and run......I don't drink that crap either....what is
really bad is when you get to places like Ga, and all they have ever heard
of is bud........

HEY....I happen to like Bud...Only out of a bottle and at my favorite
watering hole. Bud was made to be drank out of bottle, none of this
can stuff. Papst was made to be drank out of a can.

However I do have a fondness for Bass Ale, and Negra Medello

I'll take a 'blue' or 'golden' any day over the domestic stuff here,
runner up choice is fosters :-)

Ugh. Bud.

(It's not really beer).............just goes to show that P.T. Barnum was
right ;-)

Blue - now that's a lot closer. Kokanee would be my preference.
Fosters...Lordy...you shoulda seen the size of the Fosters tin Paul
was served in Manhattan! The tin was so big T took it home to show her
friends.

Must have been one of those 'oil cans' That was the only way you could get
it in the states 20 years ago (now I'm showing my age ;-) )

Never saw one like that when I was in Australia, so I don't
know what that's all about.

BTW, in Oz, I discovered that only tourists order Fosters. It's XXX or
DB there, it seems. But the Aussies make good beer.

Those liters of beer went down easy in Munich too!

I also liked the 1/2 wheat beer and 1/2 lemonade.......didn't get you
hammered in the middle of the day :-)

Cele

Merry Christmas to all (well, almost all) Tiffany Single Parents 14 January 8th 05 08:37 PM
Merry Christmas! Chookie Pregnancy 12 December 28th 04 01:00 PM
Merry Christmas Leanne Pregnancy 6 December 27th 03 06:25 PM
America's Favorite Grandma Presents: Christmastime Do's and DON'Ts!! Mother Henrietta Hickey General 6 December 17th 03 09:08 AM
America's Favorite Grandma Presents: Christmastime Do's and DON'Ts!! Mother Henrietta Hickey Spanking 5 December 17th 03 09:08 AM