HPT funny squiggly line

Old October 25th 03, 03:20 PM
JoFromOz

Default HPT funny squiggly line

Hey guys.

I have had to do a few HPT's in my time, but I have never seen this before.
The control was the normal faint pink line, but where the test is (no line
at all if not pregnant, and pink line if pregnant) there was a squiggly pink
watermark line. Do you think it's just a dud test?

I had a normal period finished 8 days ago, then 3-4 days later had some
spotting for an hour or so, then nothing. Next day felt very nauseous and
vomited. Have felt nauseous ever since, but no more vomiting. Also had
some back pain.

I am a midwife, but never really hear much about the very early days of
pregnancy. Does this sound like anything to anyone? I'm doing a retest
tomorrow

I'd like to wait till our new house is built and have a lovely family
wedding in the backyard first, but hey, whose plans work out all the time,
eh?

Jo

Babies are Born... Pizzas are delivered.

Old October 25th 03, 04:42 PM
Sidheag McCormack

Squiggly sounds like a dud test to me! Might just be that that particular
test didn't get its chemical laid down straight, but it might also be
meaningless. Symptomwise you sound jolly pregnant, except that it's pretty
rare to have sometihng that really seems like a normal period at the
beginning of pregnancy, unless your normal periods are unusually light; but
it isn't unheard of either. Retesting tomorrow sounds like the right plan!
Hope you get whichever answer you really want :-)

Sidheag
41w5d
Old October 25th 03, 05:23 PM
Rob and Laura

I had a "normal" period like for the 1st 3 months of pregnancy. I did not
find out I was pregnant until I was 15 weeks when the morning sickness
kicked in and I was hospitalized for a week because of it.

--
Laura
Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**

Old October 26th 03, 08:36 AM
JoFromOz

I did another test (different brand) just then, and negative... so I guess I
have a virus rather than a parasite

Old October 26th 03, 09:55 AM
Sidheag McCormack

Jo writes:

I did another test (different brand) just then, and negative... so I
guess I have a virus rather than a parasite

Hope you feel better soon, and enjoy the wedding! (It was a wedding that
you ideally wanted to do before getting pg?)

Sidheag
edd Oct 13th

Old October 26th 03, 04:12 PM
toypup

"JoFromOz" wrote in message
I did another test (different brand) just then, and negative... so I guess

have a virus rather than a parasite

If your normal period ended 9 days ago, maybe you had spotting from
ovulation? Then maybe it's too early to test anyway. Test again if your
period is late. Hope everything goes your way.

Old October 27th 03, 06:03 AM
JoFromOz

Sidheag McCormack wrote:
Jo writes:

I did another test (different brand) just then, and negative... so

I guess I have a virus rather than a parasite

Hope you feel better soon, and enjoy the wedding! (It was a wedding
that you ideally wanted to do before getting pg?)

Sidheag
edd Oct 13th

We will start building our house soon... in a month I hope, then get married
in the new house (large living area) and backyard. Babies come after that,
I hope

Thanks I am feeling mostly better today - just a shrunken stomach, so
can't fit as much food in... people pay money for that, so I'm happy

Jo

Babies are Born... Pizzas are delivered.

Kane is Saddened - - deeply saddened Kane General 80 February 24th 04 06:08 PM
Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM
Funny photo! (also: David Wright, PhD *jokes* that "MDs are guilty." (!) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 October 2nd 03 11:32 PM