Fetuses rise from a squat? (NASM fitness trainers and spine instability in babies)

Old May 29th 04, 07:58 PM
Todd Gastaldo

Default Fetuses rise from a squat? (NASM fitness trainers and spine instability in babies)

FETUSES RISE FROM A SQUAT? See the very end of this post.

NASM CEO and PRES. Micheal A. Clark, MS, PT, NASM-PES Fitness trainers can
help make birth easier. See below.

PREGNANT WOMEN:

THE GREAT BIRTH ROBBERY: OBs are routinely closing birth canals up to 30%.

SPINE INSTABILITY IN BABIES: OBs are routinely manipulating babies'
spines - violently pushing with oxytocin and gruesomely pulling with hands,
forceps, vacuums - with birth canals senselessly closed. Sometimes babies
die, sometimes they are paralyzed - but most babies "only" suffer wrenched
necks. ALL spinal manipulation is gruesome with the birth canal senselessly
closed.

LADIES: For simple instructions on how to help protect your VAGINAS and
allow your birth canal to OPEN the "extra" up to 30%...

See Shoulder Dystocia: OBs *keep* birth canal closed up to 30%!

SPINE INSTABITY...

INAPPROPRIATE MUSCLE ACTIVATION SEQUENCES...

OPEN LETTER

CRAIG LIEBENSON, DC
Scientific Advisor, National Academy of Sports Medicine/NASM
Consultant and lead faculty for the Murdoch University and Anglo-European
Chiropractic College M.Sc. programs in Chiropractic Rehabilitation.
First ever chiropractic member of the McKenzie Institute (U.S.) Board of
Directors
http://www.nasm.org/integrity/adviso...c_advisory.asp

Craig:

You recently wrote:

"Inappropriate muscle activation sequences during seemingly trivial
tasks...can compromise spine stability and potentiate buckling of the
passive ligamentous restraints." [Liebenson C. What's All the Buzz. Dynamic
Chiropractic online. Citing Adams, M.A., Dolan, P. Recent advances in lumbar
spine mechanics and their clinical significance. Clin Biomech 1995;10:3-19.]
http://www.chiroweb.com/columnist/liebenson/index.html

THE GREAT SQUAT ROBBERY - I discussed it with you in Seattle years ago...

Western culture's robbery of the innate flat-footed squatting ability might
cause "inappropriate muscle activation sequences" and "compromise spine
instability" and "potentiate buckling of the passive ligamentous
restraints"... (the quotes are from your recent article, of course.)

You concluded your article:

"Spinal instability potentiates joint disorders. Spine stability requires
that the central nervous, joint, and muscle systems all work together."
http://www.chiroweb.com/columnist/liebenson/index.html

Humans in chair-dwelling cultures are effectively DENIED a natural way to
let their "central nervous, joint and muscle systems" most efficiently work
together in the gravitational field.

NOTE: Western culture's inveterate chair-dwelling DEFINITELY causes a form
of spine instability: Many Westerner's fall over backwards when they try to
squat flat-footed!

Chair-dwellers lose (or never develop) tibo-talar bony "squatting" facets...

THE GREAT BIRTH ROBBERY

Gardosi et al. in effect blamed OBs routinely robbing babies of up to 30% of
pelvic outlet area at birth on The Great Squat Robbery...

Check out Gardosi et al.'s 1989 Lancet "randomised controlled trial of
squatting" - where nobody
squatted...

See Sarah Key's huge balls (also: Kids can SQUAT motionless for hours)...

Please mention these matters in Rehabilitation of the Spine, 2nd ed.
(Liebenson C, editor). Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, sched. pub. 2005.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

PS EPISIOTOMY...

MDs are likely slightly *reducing* spine instability in babies' cervical
spines (and preventing some pelvic floor dysfunction) with routine
episiotomy.

See Olive oil in vagina...

BUT there is a bony impaction problem: MDs slice vaginas en masse,
surgically/fraudulently inferring that everything possible is being done to
OPEN
birth canals even as they CLOSE birth canals - up to 30%.

See Criminal medical CAM at Hawai'i's John A Burns School of
Medicine
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2256

SOME WEIRD OBSTETRIC HISTORY...

In 1993, the authors of Williams Obstetrics published the correct
biomechanics at my request. They wrote that the sacrum can't move back when
the mother is lying/sitting on it...

But they left in their text (in the same
paragraph!) the "dorsal widens" bald lie that first called my attention to
their text!

GORY DETAILS: In 1973 Ohlsen noted that the authors of Williams Obstetrics
had been claiming that the pelvic diameters *don't change* at delivery! At
that time, the authors of Williams Obstetrics were ignoring: 1) Borell and
Fernstrom's 1957 radiographic demonstration that the diameters DO change and
2) the fact that many years before - way back in 1911 - J. Whitridge
Williams, MD - the first author of Williams Obstetrics - clinically
demonstrated a massive 4 cm change in AP pelvic outlet diameter! The
authors of Williams Obstetrics understandably (though unconscionably)
decided that their favorite delivery position - dorsal lithotomy - opens the
birth canal. It was (and is) a bald lie. OBs *maintained* their bald lie
after I told them that dorsal lithotomy CLOSES the birth canal - just like
semisitting...The biomechanics are simple. See Gastaldo TD. Letter. Birth
1992;19(4):231 For further details: See my Open Letter to FTC at:
http://home1.gte.net/gastaldo/part2ftc.html

Craig, I see where you are "Consultant and lead faculty for the Murdoch
University and Anglo-European Chiropractic College M.Sc. programs in
Chiropractic Rehabilitation.
http://www.nasm.org/integrity/adviso...c_advisory.asp

I recently wrote to Prof. Jenny Jamison, MBBCh, PhD, EdD of the School of
Chiropractic at Murdoch University
Perth, Australia

I wrote:

Jenny,

You say health information brochures should be recommended because
"implementation of even one healthy behavior can have a ubiquitous health
benefit..."

See Jamison JR. Prescribing Wellness: A Case Study Exploring the Use of
Health
Information Brochures. J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2004 May;27(4):262-266.
PubMed abstract.

With obstetricians senselessly closing birth canals up to 30% and gruesomely
manipulating most babies' spines...

I am thinking that the healthy behavior called allowing the birth canal to
open
maximally at birth can have a "ubiquitous" health benefit that is
particularly
relevant to the PREVENTION part of chiropractic.

Since you are a member of the core committee of the American Chiropractic
Association's/ACA's Wellness Campaign....
http://www.murdoch.edu.au/chiropract...y_Jamison.html

Please urge the ACA Wellness Campaign to develop birth brochures to educate
pregnant women regarding the fact that OBs are closing birth canals and how
easy
it is for them to allow their birth canals to OPEN the "extra" up to 30%.

END Gastaldo's post to Jamison...Birth, chiropractic and PREVENTION of

vertebral subluxations
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2550

Craig, I haven't heard back from Jenny yet - maybe you could discuss this
matter with her? I'll cc her again...

Don't forget - in addition to the Great Birth Robbery - there is the Great
Squat Robbery.

WHY are we robbing our children of a fundamental human rest posture?

See again: Sarah Key's huge balls (also: Kids can SQUAT motionless for
hours)...

Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

Copied to: Micheal A. Clark, MS, PT, NASM-PES
President and CEO
National Academy of Sports Medicine/NASM
26632 Agoura Road
Calabasas, CA 91302
800.460.NASM
via
;steven@nasm.
;ang ;mathias@na
;karen@nasm .org

Michael, birth has got to be life's premier athletic sporting event.

Fetuses rise from a full squat! We should make this as easy as possible for
them.

Since More than 20 leading health-club corporations in the U.S. and Great
Britain have already joined NASM's roster of Fitness Education Partners...
http://www.nasm.org/about/alliances/our_partners.asp

Of course, I'm guessing that fetuses help push themselves out/rise from a
squat as they are born. In any event...

Please use your educational power to make sure that women know that OBs are
closing birth canals and how easy it is for them to allow their birth canals
to OPEN the "extra" up to 30%.

Please also consider getting your fellow PTs to work on encouraging children
to maintain their innate flat-footed squatting ability into adulthood.

Old May 30th 04, 02:42 AM
Butterfly

During the birth of my third child the midwife had me on all fours on the
bed during contractions then she helped me get into a squat position before
pushing. I only wish she had been there for my previous births instead of
the doctor who kept me strapped to the bed by monitors.

ink.net...

Old May 31st 04, 09:45 PM
Todd Gastaldo

Default All fours and squatting

ALL FOURS AND SQUATTING

"Butterfly" wrote in message
During the birth of my third child the midwife had me on all fours on the
bed during contractions then she helped me get into a squat position

before
pushing. I only wish she had been there for my previous births instead of
the doctor who kept me strapped to the bed by monitors.

COOL!

PREGNANT WOMEN: On all fours allows the birth canal to open the "extra" up
to 30% - and many women push their babies out on all fours.

Squatting makes for more efficient pushing I'm told - which is the likely
reason BAD McRoberts "works" without rolling the mother off her sacrum.

(McRoberts maneuver - for when the baby's shoulder gets stuck - is kind of
squatting on your back - though - again - BAD McRoberts leaves the woman on
her sacrum.)

Pregnant women: Talk to your OBs and CNMwives about these matters today.

OBs: When you strap a woman down - she is on her sacrum closing her birth
canal up to 30%. As the baby's head passes through the outlet, this is
obvious crime. Also: It may be that placing the woman on her sacrum before
the head gets to the pelvic outlet neurologically inhibits the head getting
to the outlet!

This latter notion - if true - might explain French surgeon Michel Odent's
"fetus ejection reflex" - the fact that women spontaneously get off their
sacra in late second stage.

Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,

Todd