Proof Is Scant on Psychiatric Drug Mix for Young

Old November 23rd 06, 02:36 PM posted to misc.kids.health
Jeff

Default Proof Is Scant on Psychiatric Drug Mix for Young

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/23/health/23kids.html

This is concerning. About 1.6 million kids and teens got psychiatric drugs
in combination. I think there are about 50,000,000 ages 4 and over, so that
is something like 1 out 30. That seems to be too high a proportion to me.

I think some of the children clearly benefit from the combination of drugs.
And others are harmed by them.

Jeff

Old November 23rd 06, 09:12 PM posted to misc.kids.health
john

"Jeff" wrote in message
ink.net...
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/23/health/23kids.html

This is concerning. About 1.6 million kids and teens got psychiatric drugs
in combination. I think there are about 50,000,000 ages 4 and over, so
that is something like 1 out 30. That seems to be too high a proportion to
me.

I think some of the children clearly benefit from the combination of
drugs. And others are harmed by them.

Jeff

one of the major crimes of the last 50 years, drugging children, not to
mention adults

but folk are too brainwashed by pharma

they wouldn't accept giving street drugs to their kids but there isn't the
slightest difference, and all of these pharma drugs are on the street now,
eg Ritalin, fancy name for speed

Old November 24th 06, 07:45 PM posted to misc.kids.health
Jeff

"JOHN" wrote in message

"Jeff" wrote in message
ink.net...
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/23/health/23kids.html

This is concerning. About 1.6 million kids and teens got psychiatric
drugs in combination. I think there are about 50,000,000 ages 4 and
over, so that is something like 1 out 30. That seems to be too high a
proportion to me.

I think some of the children clearly benefit from the combination of
drugs. And others are harmed by them.

Jeff

one of the major crimes of the last 50 years, drugging children, not to
mention adults

but folk are too brainwashed by pharma

they wouldn't accept giving street drugs to their kids but there isn't the
slightest difference, and all of these pharma drugs are on the street now,
eg Ritalin, fancy name for speed

Actually, when ADHD drugs are taken as directed, the different time course
of action makes a huge difference. For example, they are not addictive. If
they are misused, they can be addictive.

Jeff

Review of scientific journals shows steadily increasing conflict of interest in funding of drug trials Jan Drew Kids Health 0 August 16th 06 08:21 PM
BLATANT QUACKERY ... CHEMICAL CHILD ABUSE Ilena Rose Kids Health 6 May 23rd 06 02:40 PM
51 deaths ADHD drugs ... Ilena Rose Kids Health 162 February 17th 06 05:08 PM
FOAD Bigots bobbie sellers General 190 August 1st 05 10:07 AM
Cruisin' for a bruisin' Mark Probert Kids Health 605 August 1st 05 02:40 AM