I'm back (warning m/c ment.) xpost

Old May 27th 04, 08:00 PM
Jenrose

Default I'm back (warning m/c ment.) xpost

I lost the baby on Monday. The miscarriage started at 7 w 1 d, but I think
from what I saw that baby stopped growing a week or two earlier. My faith in
the medical establishment was pretty accurate, but I did manage to get
compassionate, if slow, care at the ER when we went in to make sure the
burning pain wasn't ectopic. It wasn't. I went home and miscarried naturally
over the next two days. Brutally, constantly painful Sunday. Monday,
surprisingly gentle, although rather laborlike, and I was just starting to
hope that things might be okay when the baby passed painlessly.

We decided that if I ovulate before June 14 (3 wks after mc) then we'll wait
a cycle to try again. If I don't ovulate until after June 14, we'll start
ttc this cycle.

The only "good" thing about this is that I know that it wasn't caused by my
clotting disorder--in fact, I passed very few clots at all, which means I've
managed to successfully anticoagulate enough without causing heavy bleeding
using my herbs and vitamins. The maternal side of the placenta looked great.
That was about all that did look great--the baby's side was sort of "folded"
and baby had clearly stopped growing and didn't look right, even by the
wierd standards of what 4 week embryos look like.

Perversely, as soon as the baby passed I felt "fine" phsyically. Bleeding is
"light period" right now and wsa far heavier this weekend. I'm tired, but as
much from the emotions as anything.

We buried the baby with the placenta on Tuesday, in the most fertile piece
of ground I know, under a blueberry bush in my old herb garden at my
mother's house.

My husband has been amazing... he stayed home with me Tuesday all day, and
has been taking really good care of me. He's been very tender and gentle and
unafraid of my grief.

One of the most difficult parts of this has been my mother--she's been
working hard to be really helpful, but she lost two and took it about as
hard as I've ever seen anyone take anything, and it seems like this has aged
her 5 years overnight. I grieve almost as much for her as for myself.

Jenrose

Old May 27th 04, 08:16 PM
Mary W.

Jenrose wrote:

I lost the baby on Monday. The miscarriage started at 7 w 1 d, but I think
from what I saw that baby stopped growing a week or two earlier. My faith in
the medical establishment was pretty accurate, but I did manage to get
compassionate, if slow, care at the ER when we went in to make sure the
burning pain wasn't ectopic. It wasn't. I went home and miscarried naturally
over the next two days. Brutally, constantly painful Sunday. Monday,
surprisingly gentle, although rather laborlike, and I was just starting to
hope that things might be okay when the baby passed painlessly.

I'm very sorry Jen.....

Mary

Old May 27th 04, 08:19 PM
Christine

((((((((Jenrose)))))))))

Oh I'm so very sorry....
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a healthy pregnancy
soon!!!!!

Take care,

sounds like you have a great guy there too!

http://www.growingfamily.com/webnurs...LID=9T8S0V9F5G

Old May 27th 04, 08:30 PM
Quillspirit

Hello,
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My wife and I went through a m/c 1 year
ago on May 15th, and I know how difficult it is.
We started TTC about 6 months ago, and Jodi is now 15 weeks along, so
hopefully we are past the danger point (Jodi has m/c twice now). The EDD is
November 21st... and it will be our first living child, so we are both kind
of nervous, every step of the way... not to mention my mother, who took the
m/c as hard as we did.

I pray your next pg goes well! Just make sure you give yourself time to
heal and grieve from this one.
--
Peace,
Shawn M. J. Mann

Old May 27th 04, 08:33 PM
Crystal Dreamer

Jenrose wrote:
I lost the baby on Monday. The miscarriage started at 7 w 1 d, but I
think from what I saw that baby stopped growing a week or two
earlier. My faith in the medical establishment was pretty accurate,
but I did manage to get compassionate, if slow, care at the ER when
we went in to make sure the burning pain wasn't ectopic. It wasn't. I
went home and miscarried naturally over the next two days. Brutally,
constantly painful Sunday. Monday, surprisingly gentle, although
rather laborlike, and I was just starting to hope that things might
be okay when the baby passed painlessly.

snip

I'm so sorry to hear this, and just want to give you a big (((hug)))
I'm glad that you are feeling better physically, and can imagine how you
feel emotionally. I hope that time will ease your pain and you find some
comfort and peace. I think it's lovely that you saw your baby and was able
to bury him under a blueberry bush. I'm sure it's also a comfort to know
that clotting was not an issue.

(((Hugs)))

-Lisa

Old May 27th 04, 08:52 PM
Fer

I am so sorry Jen .....

--?

Jenn
-DS Feb'92
-DD Feb'97
-36 weeks!

Old May 27th 04, 09:04 PM
Jamie Clark

Oh Jen, I'm so sorry. Hugs. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your
family.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://home.earthlink.net/~jamielee6

s.com...

Old May 27th 04, 09:25 PM
Sue

Jenrose wrote in message
I lost the baby on Monday.

Jenrose I'm so sorry to hear of this. My thoughts are with you and
your family.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old May 27th 04, 09:30 PM
Circe

Jenrose wrote:
I lost the baby on Monday.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}} I'm so sorry. Take care of yourself.
--
Be well, Barbara
Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 4), and the Rising Son (Julian, 6)

Aurora (in the bathroom with her dad)--"It looks like an elephant, Daddy."
Me (later)--"You should feel flattered."

Old May 27th 04, 09:32 PM
Nan

On Thu, 27 May 2004 19:00:17 GMT, "Jenrose"
wrote:

I lost the baby on Monday.

I'm so sorry :-(

Nan

I am back (preg ment) Vicky Bilaniuk Pregnancy 13 February 16th 04 07:57 PM
At 3:22 am mom & son nancy Pregnancy 1 December 20th 03 06:57 PM
FDA MDR: Obstetric tables (also: Pregnancy low back pain/Lordex Spine Institute) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 September 30th 03 05:49 PM
Sarah Key's huge balls (also: Kids can SQUAT motionless for hours) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 2 August 4th 03 10:24 PM
A 2003 reply to Gastaldo's 1997 letter to MOTHERING... Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 July 25th 03 05:53 PM