Old September 11th 04, 06:52 PM
Kane

Default | Evidence based social science engineering

On 11 Sep 2004 16:01:07 GMT, (Fern5827) wrote:

........again off topic for this ng...but I'm here to help as I know
you didn't really mean to use this device to hide and avoid posting to
the relevant ng where you might run into a bit of derision for your
stupidity and vicious hatred of families and children.........I'll
cross post for you...., no no, you are welcome...the least I can do.

Or not evidence based,

"Social engineering" is a fact of society..it happens whether
deliberate or not. And personally I rather prefer more deliberation
and application, than letting it happen willy nilly....we get folks
such as you hyenas possibly running things if we allow laze-faire
approach.

Here, as an example of the more studied approach is a short paper on
the issue of mental health practitioner input, or not, in the assisted
suicide issue...not unlike the papers on child welfare approaches:

http://www.sch-psych.net/archives/000573.html

as CPS controls a vast amount of dollars

Not the last time I checked. The support of abused and neglected
children seems to be sucking the funding dry and funding has been
going down in recent years as state and federal funding has taken a
hit from the economy.

Were DO you get these crazy notions, Nettles?

to spread its
gospel.

CPS is now faith based? How did they do that? By the same process you
dissemintate your swill? Lying?

And cw's ride around in cars, trying to boost their client base.

Care to explain how they do that...the process? Do they stop and pick
up kids off the street? Or do they just stop families on the sidewalk
or in the mall and open an investigation?

Are they running from lamp post to lamp post putting up flyers warning
people they must come to CPS and turn themselves in?

Your actual knowledge of CPS operations is defined by this kind of
misinformation. I think even the rabid anti CPS websites know better,
and there's a plethora of swill there.

By the way, have you noticed your mental lapses are coming more
frequently and are of longer duration? You post such drivel as below
and do not provide source...something you accuse me of, that I rarely
do, as I prefer inundating these ngs with citations and quotations.

So tell us, Umbellifer, where might we find some information on this
case that would allow us to judge its merits and truthfulness?

And thanks in advance. We know you are really trying to be helpful. Up
your meds a bit...that might help.

Kane

************************************************* *************************
*******************

Fern wrote befo

Hello, glad to hear from you.

The California Mom was a community activist who took her son to the

ER when he
suffered severe asthma attacks.

So, DSS, CPS, DCFS in its wisdom, decided Mom was TOO INSISTENT, TOO

LOUD, AND
JUST TOO UPPITY.

The child was remanded to a foster home in California ( not clear in

the New
Yorker article). He died during one horrible night.

Stranger foster says DCFS did NOT inform them of the child's severe

asthma.

It is very possible that the settlement in this case was not made

public. The
public now knows what can happen when CPS *intervenes.*

And of course, you are aware of the recent developments in the UK

about MSBP.

Evidence based social science is important.

Speculation, checklists ( how MSBP is diagnosed) and conjecture do

not make a
proper diagnosis.

I understand that you sought advice and counsel and seemed to have a

good
ending to a case of unfounded overrreation by CAS.

Let's hope you can utilize the Canadian courts for relief.

Best wishes.

A Canadian writer makes clear the limitations of CPS there.

Subject: 1M settlement in Calif when DCFS wrongly takes

asthmatic child
From: "edesousa"
Date: 9/4/2004 9:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time

Hi,

We're not the California family featured in the Aug 9&16 issue of

the New
Yorker - we're the de Sousa family harrassed by the local medical

and cps
community. We were eventually obsolved of any guilt, but their abuse

took
a great toll on us. North America's politicians are all a bunch of

morons
for having given so much power to these agencies/individuals.

Eurico de Sousa
Ottawa, Canada