Cops: Fla. Woman Kept 9 Handcuffed At Home,5 Foster Children, 4 AdultsWere Malnourished And Handcuffed Together, Police Say...

Old July 21st 07, 04:22 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
fx

Default Cops: Fla. Woman Kept 9 Handcuffed At Home,5 Foster Children, 4 AdultsWere Malnourished And Handcuffed Together, Police Say...

Cops: Fla. Woman Kept 9 Handcuffed At Home
5 Foster Children, 4 Adults Were Malnourished And Handcuffed Together,
Police Say
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n3079793.shtml

CBS/AP) A woman has been charged with keeping four malnourished
teenagers and five adults, some mentally disabled, in her home and
handcuffed together, police said Thursday.

When Judith Leekin, 62, would leave her home she bound the teenagers,
ages 15 to 17, and adults together, police spokesman Deputy Robert Vega
said.

"They were not allowed to leave the home," Vega said.

Some of the children were found with marks on their wrists, as well as
scars and burns. Two of the teens had less than a fourth-grade
education, while another is illiterate, authorities said.

"We have no idea how these kids came into her custody. We have no idea
where these kids came from and no idea who they are," Vega said.

It also was not clear how long they had been with Leekin. She was
charged Wednesday with five counts of aggravated child abuse, one count
of tampering with a witness and one count of possession of a fictitious
driver's license/identification, authorities said. She was being held on
a total bond of $435,000.

None of the children ever attended school or visited a doctor while in
Leekin's care, Vega said.

The investigation began when police were called to a supermarket July 4
because Leekin had apparently left an 18-year-old girl there, Vega said.
The girl told police Leekin was her adoptive mother and that she had
been living with her since she was 5, Vega said.

Leekin told investigators the girl had left a year ago, denied the abuse
allegations and said she lived in the home with her son, a court record
said.

During a search of her home, authorities found handcuffs, zip-ties and a
surveillance system. A fictitious birth certificate also was found for
one teen.

"We found more than one of the people under her care suffering from
malnutrition," Port St. Lucie Police Captain Scott Bartal told the
Scripps Treasure Coast Newspapers at a press conference Thursday. "We
were able to verify that they were restrained using handcuffs and
plastic ties."

Detectives were trying to determine the real identities of the nine
people found in the home. They were placed in the care of the Department
of Children & Families, Vega said.

"We are very saddened by the situation," Lorrene Egan, district 15
operations manager for DCF told The Palm Beach Post.

Leekin had several identities and Social Security numbers, and
authorities were trying to verify her identity, Vega said.

Authorities investigated Leekin in 1999, but the case was closed when
she left the area, police said.

Leekin's Miami attorney, Mario Garcia Jr., told The Post it was
premature to comment on the case.

"We are doing our own investigation to determine what is and is not
true," he said. "We don't have any comment because we don't have any
information at this point."

"We found more than one of the people under her care suffering from
malnutrition," Port St. Lucie Police Captain Scott Bartal told the Port
St. Lucie News at a press conference Thursday. "We were able to verify
that they were restrained using handcuffs and plastic ties."

CURRENTLY CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES VIOLATES MORE CIVIL RIGHTS ON A
DAILY BASIS THEN ALL OTHER AGENCIES COMBINED INCLUDING THE NSA / CIA
WIRETAPPING PROGRAM....

CPS Does not protect children...
It is sickening how many children are subject to abuse, neglect and even
killed at the hands of Child Protective Services.

every parent should read this .pdf from
connecticut dcf watch...

http://www.connecticutdcfwatch.com/8x11.pdf

http://www.connecticutdcfwatch.com

Number of Cases per 100,000 children in the US
These numbers come from The National Center on
Child Abuse and Neglect in Washington. (NCCAN)
Recent numbers have increased significantly for CPS

*Perpetrators of Maltreatment*

Physical Abuse CPS 160, Parents 59
Sexual Abuse CPS 112, Parents 13
Neglect CPS 410, Parents 241
Medical Neglect CPS 14 Parents 12
Fatalities CPS 6.4, Parents 1.5

CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES, HAPPILY DESTROYING HUNDREDS OF INNOCENT
FAMILIES YEARLY NATIONWIDE AND COMING TO YOU'RE HOME SOON...

BE SURE TO FIND OUT WHERE YOUR CANDIDATES STANDS ON THE ISSUE OF
REFORMING OR ABOLISHING CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES ("MAKE YOUR CANDIDATES
TAKE A STAND ON THIS ISSUE.") THEN REMEMBER TO VOTE ACCORDINGLY IF THEY
ARE "FAMILY UNFRIENDLY" IN THE NEXT ELECTION...

Old July 21st 07, 04:31 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
0:]

fx wrote:

...."I believe in psychic powers"....

.... "We have no idea how these kids came into her custody. We have no
idea where these kids came from and no idea who they are," Vega said. ...

But they are declared 'foster children' as though placed by the state?

Please show the CPS connection, since this group is a CPS group, and you
placed a blame statement at the end of your post.

Thank a lot. We know you'll follow through.

0:]

Old July 24th 07, 07:16 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
Greegor

Hey Donald!
Is it the ABUSE or bad PR for the Child Protection INDUSTRY that ticks
you off?

On Jul 20, 10:31 pm, "0:]" wrote:
fx wrote:

..."I believe in psychic powers"....

[...]

ARE "FAMILY UNFRIENDLY" IN THE NEXT ELECTION...- Hide quoted text -

Old July 24th 07, 11:33 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
Dragon's Girl

On Jul 23, 11:16 pm, Greegor wrote:
Hey Donald!
Is it the ABUSE or bad PR for the Child Protection INDUSTRY that ticks
you off?

On Jul 20, 10:31 pm, "0:]" wrote:

fx wrote:

..."I believe in psychic powers"....

[...]

A foster child is not necessarily a child who is placed in a home by
social service organizations.
Being called a foster child does not indicate any social service
involvement.
If you read the whole story you will see that no one knows where these
kids came from, the woman had multiple identities, and the children
had not attended school.
I would bet she kidnapped them when they were young and the kids just
THINK they were adopted.

Old July 24th 07, 03:34 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

On Jul 23, 11:16 pm, Greegor wrote:
Hey Donald!
Is it the ABUSE or bad PR for the Child Protection INDUSTRY that ticks
you off?

Hey Dennis, why do you ask?

On Jul 20, 10:31 pm, "0:]" wrote:

..."I believe in psychic powers"....

Old July 24th 07, 03:37 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

On Jul 24, 3:33 am, Dragon's Girl wrote:
On Jul 23, 11:16 pm, Greegor wrote:

Hey Donald!
Is it the ABUSE or bad PR for the Child Protection INDUSTRY that ticks
you off?

On Jul 20, 10:31 pm, "0:]" wrote:

fx wrote:

..."I believe in psychic powers"....

[...]

THINK they were adopted.- Hide quoted text -

It could be more sinister. They could be the very thing that get's
posted her about children that are being used in some way. Doubtless
there has to be occurances, given how evil humans can be at times.

And it could become even more gruesome...organ harvesting. It has gone
on in parts of the world, and people coming here, or even our own more
corrupt citizens could be into it.

'Donors' aren't recycled.

But of course, it has to be a CPS scheme, right Denn...oh, 'scuse,
Greegor?

Kane

Old July 24th 07, 04:38 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
Dragon's Girl

On Jul 24, 9:37 am, "0:-" wrote:
On Jul 24, 3:33 am, Dragon's Girl wrote:

On Jul 23, 11:16 pm, Greegor wrote:

Hey Donald!
Is it the ABUSE or bad PR for the Child Protection INDUSTRY that ticks
you off?

On Jul 20, 10:31 pm, "0:]" wrote:

fx wrote:

..."I believe in psychic powers"....

[...]

Sure, it could be something more sinister, but at the rate that
children disappear without a trace, and end up with some nut that
wants to be a mother but can't conceive, I'd say that the best bet is
that she just stole them from somewhere and has been on the run all
these years trying to escape scrutiny that would eventually lead to
the story being revealed.

I wonder what the deal is with the adults that were found? It would
be interesting to find that they were under this woman's care since
they were children as well.

Crazy people in this world.

Old July 24th 07, 06:27 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
Greegor

On Jul 24, 9:34 am, "0:-" wrote:
On Jul 23, 11:16 pm, Greegor wrote:

Hey Donald!
Is it the ABUSE or bad PR for the Child Protection INDUSTRY that ticks
you off?

Hey Dennis, why do you ask?

Now you think I'm Dennis??

Is it the ABUSE or the bad PR for the CPS INDUSTRY that ticks you off
Donald?

Old July 24th 07, 07:07 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
Greegor

[...]

Dragonsgirl Betty wrote
Sure, it could be something more sinister, but at the rate that
children disappear without a trace, and end up with some nut that
wants to be a mother but can't conceive,

That is a concept bears much more discussion in
relation to the entire Child Protection INDUSTRY.

- Motivation for reports
- Motivation for Foster/Adopters
- Rationalization for removing kids to ""better"" homes

I'd say that the best bet is
that she just stole them from somewhere and has been on the run all
these years trying to escape scrutiny that would eventually lead to
the story being revealed.

I wonder what the deal is with the adults that were found?

Some mentally disabled, the article said.

But it didn't say if they were mentally disabled BY the
situation or before they came into it.
It also didn't say whether they had a disabled legal status before
now.

The other adults were probably mentally and
educationally stunted so badly they were like cult victims.

Old July 24th 07, 11:14 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
0:-]

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:38:37 -0700, Dragon's Girl
wrote:

On Jul 24, 9:37 am, "0:-" wrote:
On Jul 24, 3:33 am, Dragon's Girl wrote:

On Jul 23, 11:16 pm, Greegor wrote:

Hey Donald!
Is it the ABUSE or bad PR for the Child Protection INDUSTRY that ticks
you off?

On Jul 20, 10:31 pm, "0:]" wrote:

fx wrote:

..."I believe in psychic powers"....

[...]

I don't want to, but I predict a horror show here.

This is NOT going to have a good outcome...IF they can find out what
the hell she was doing with all those live bodies.

"Foster" would be a perfect cover label for her to have been using
around the neighborhood.

And the subjects, the living people, would have very likely been kept
in the dark about their fate.

****, I hope I am wrong...but whatever it was, it's bad bad news.

Kane