argh -- cleaning shampoo out of carpet help!!

Old October 26th 06, 07:07 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Default argh -- cleaning shampoo out of carpet help!!

While I was in the shower, Micah decided to 'clean' my living room by
dumping half a bottle of Johnson's baby shampoo on the carpet. :P
Naturally, as soon as I discovered it, I did the most reasonable thing
I could think of -- I took Micah shopping, in the hopes that if I
escaped the house and ignored the mess, it would go away by itself.
But now I'm back, and my living room smells like a baby spa, and there
are globs of shampoo everywhere. How do I get it out?? I don't want
to have waist-high suds everywhere, and we've got dinner guests
tonight.

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Old October 26th 06, 07:43 PM posted to misc.kids
JennP.

wrote in message
ups.com...
While I was in the shower, Micah decided to 'clean' my living room by
dumping half a bottle of Johnson's baby shampoo on the carpet. :P
Naturally, as soon as I discovered it, I did the most reasonable thing
I could think of -- I took Micah shopping, in the hopes that if I
escaped the house and ignored the mess, it would go away by itself.
But now I'm back, and my living room smells like a baby spa, and there
are globs of shampoo everywhere. How do I get it out?? I don't want
to have waist-high suds everywhere, and we've got dinner guests
tonight.

Em, I think this might be a job better left to professionals.

Do you know the manufactuarer of the carpet? When ds vomited on his brand
new carpet I looked at the Karastan website and found specific cleaning
instructions for all types of stains based on the material of my carpet.

I think technique is probably the most important thing here. I think I'd
call a good carpet store or a cleaning company and get their advice. Good
luck.

It's an, um, interesting age, isn't it? Silence is NOT golden.

JennP.

Old October 26th 06, 08:16 PM posted to misc.kids
Grahame

its probebly too late, but fabric softener stops sudds.
So if it was me, I would pick all up that I could with paper towels, NO
WATER and just to get up the last bit, nd a few drops of fabric softener, to
it and then get a bucket and wash.
All the best
Fiona
ups.com...

Old October 27th 06, 12:57 AM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

wrote in message
ups.com...
While I was in the shower, Micah decided to 'clean' my living room by
dumping half a bottle of Johnson's baby shampoo on the carpet. :P
Naturally, as soon as I discovered it, I did the most reasonable thing
I could think of -- I took Micah shopping, in the hopes that if I
escaped the house and ignored the mess, it would go away by itself.
But now I'm back, and my living room smells like a baby spa, and there
are globs of shampoo everywhere. How do I get it out?? I don't want
to have waist-high suds everywhere, and we've got dinner guests
tonight.

Grocery stores rent steam carpet cleaners. I think that is your best bet,
unless it is a very new carpet. My dad has a steam carpet cleaner (like a
hoover steam vac). You can use that for the mess this time and, don't worry,
kids are good at making messes. So you will use it again.

Jeff

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Old October 27th 06, 09:01 AM posted to misc.kids
Mama Madonna

wrote in message
ups.com...
While I was in the shower, Micah decided to 'clean' my living room by
dumping half a bottle of Johnson's baby shampoo on the carpet. :P
Naturally, as soon as I discovered it, I did the most reasonable thing
I could think of -- I took Micah shopping, in the hopes that if I
escaped the house and ignored the mess, it would go away by itself.
But now I'm back, and my living room smells like a baby spa, and there
are globs of shampoo everywhere. How do I get it out?? I don't want
to have waist-high suds everywhere, and we've got dinner guests
tonight.

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Vinegar is used as a defoamer for carpet cleaning machines. If you rent a
machine, and fill it with hot water and about 1 cup of vinegar, it will take
out all the suds. I promise.

Hope you get out the suds.

Solve your carpet cleaning problems kimi General 0 February 1st 06 06:39 PM
OT Question about cleaning! Help! xkatx Single Parents 42 September 3rd 05 11:55 PM
OT Question about cleaning! Help! xkatx Pregnancy 36 July 10th 05 08:49 AM
Shampoo for children Niklas General 28 January 7th 04 03:57 PM
Cleaning ladyluka General 0 January 1st 04 09:50 PM