Keeping military recruiters away from your children in high school

Old October 17th 06, 12:31 PM posted to misc.kids
enigma

Default Keeping military recruiters away from your children in high school

"deja.blues" wrote in

"Catherine Woodgold" wrote in
message ...
"Jeff" ) writes:
For a lot of people, the military is a good career
choice. I some family members who had an excellent
experience in the military. But, certainly,

the
military isn't the right choice for everyone.

For each and every person who goes into the
military, their act of going
into the military is not "good" from the point of view
of some people, for example those being killed or to
be killed in the future by that same military.
(whichever country you're in.)

For each person going into military service for their
country, there are many more that did not choose to serve,
or shirked duty when they were drafted. Those people's
rights and freedom are protected by those that chose to
serve, and who risked death, whether you might care about
it or not. You and I can sleep safe tonight, in large part
because of those people that chose to serve, and even die,
for their countries.

and if the people actually felt that there was a just & moral
reason for going to war (like WWII), then perhaps more people
would be interested in serving thier country. but an immoral
war that is self-serving to the upper eschelon in this
country, that was started based on *known lies*... gee, i'm
not surprised people don't want to let thier kids get
involved. i'm not raising connon fodder for the rich oil
barons, are you?

lee
--
Question with boldness even the existence of god; because if
there be
Old October 17th 06, 12:40 PM posted to misc.kids
enigma

"-L." wrote in
ups.com:

Jeff wrote:

For a lot of poor people, the military offers a chance to
get out of the ghetto.

That's right. Bush and his cronies have no problem sending
poor, black kids to do their dirty work for them.

actually, it's Hispanic kids mostly. they're told that
serving in the Guard & going to Iraq is a fast track to
citizenship.
so, when they get killed, they're posthumously awarded
citizenship. isn't that just wonderful?
lee
Old October 17th 06, 12:50 PM posted to misc.kids
deja.blues

"-L." wrote in message
ps.com...

deja.blues wrote:

For each person going into military service for their country, there are
many more that did not choose to serve, or shirked duty when they were
drafted. Those people's rights and freedom are protected by those that

chose
to serve,

Oh give me a ****ing break. Is this all you military automatons have

Dude, no one in my family has served in the military since the Civil War.

Old October 17th 06, 01:03 PM posted to misc.kids
Banty

In article . com, -L. says...

Jeff wrote:

For a lot of poor people, the military offers a chance to get out of the
ghetto.

That's right. Bush and his cronies have no problem sending poor, black
kids to do their dirty work for them.

Get thee to your PBS TV station on your fancy flatscreen and watch the News Hour
regularly. Wait until the end, where they memorialize fallen soldiers in
Afghanistan and Iraq, and show their pictures, ages, branch of service, and
hometown.

You will see the faces of men and women who are mostly White and Hispanic, and
many who are in their 30's or even 40's. This is the volunteer military, and
people do join to provide service to their country (big enrollment in 2001), and
to make careers. Careers like my father's.

You can have your opinion about the military, but it should be an informed one.

Banty

Old October 17th 06, 01:05 PM posted to misc.kids
Banty

In article , Nan says...

On 17 Oct 2006 00:02:31 -0700, "-L." wrote:

Assholes - every single one of you.

-L.

Well, that's that everyone. Lyn said it so it must be true.

Nan

And if everyone were more like Lyn, it would be more peaceful, too I guess! :-D

Banty

Old October 17th 06, 01:12 PM posted to misc.kids
deja.blues

"-L." wrote in message
ps.com...
take that
****ing dickhead president (and I use that term loosely) of YOURS out
of the whitehouse -

LOL- wait two years!

Old October 17th 06, 01:43 PM posted to misc.kids
Nan

On 17 Oct 2006 05:05:14 -0700, Banty wrote:

In article , Nan says...

On 17 Oct 2006 00:02:31 -0700, "-L." wrote:

Assholes - every single one of you.

-L.

Well, that's that everyone. Lyn said it so it must be true.

Nan

And if everyone were more like Lyn, it would be more peaceful, too I guess! :-D

Banty

You bet. Lyn is such a shining example of a kind person G

Nan

Old October 17th 06, 04:01 PM posted to misc.kids
-L.

enigma wrote:
"-L." wrote in
ups.com:

Jeff wrote:

For a lot of poor people, the military offers a chance to
get out of the ghetto.

That's right. Bush and his cronies have no problem sending
poor, black kids to do their dirty work for them.

actually, it's Hispanic kids mostly.

I was reacting to her "ghetto" comment.

they're told that
serving in the Guard & going to Iraq is a fast track to
citizenship.
so, when they get killed, they're posthumously awarded
citizenship. isn't that just wonderful?

Yeah, I know. ****ing ludicrous, yet the asshole sheeple still wave
their "American Flags" and ride around in their SUVs with their yellow
"Support Our Troups" ribbon bumper stickers. Not a single one of the
assholes even knew what a flag was prior to 9-11 and I haven't seen one
yet who treats it properly. Even the ******* Pezideent thinks it's ok
to stand on it and write on it.

-L.

Old October 17th 06, 04:25 PM posted to misc.kids
user

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 00:48:11 GMT, deja.blues wrote:

"stonej" wrote in message
ps.com...
I found out that you have to renew the "do not contact" form every year
and they will still
send your kid junk mail anyway.

I was perturbed at first when we started getting mail from the various
branches of the military, but it doesn't bother me now. If you don't
respond, they leave you alone, and the service *is* a viable choice for many
young people.

While my kids are still too young to get that stuff, I have to wonder whether
they'll really leave you alone. Back in the mid-80's, when I was in high school,
I got stuff from the various armed services *constantly*. It seemed like
Army and Air Force advertisements showed up almost daily, and we were getting
at least two or three phone calls a month, no matter how often we told the
recruiters to F.O.A.D.

Based on what I'be heard recently, they haven't exactly become more
reticent about recruitment.

- Rich

--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Old October 17th 06, 05:26 PM posted to misc.kids
Catherine Woodgold

"deja.blues" ) writes:
You and I can sleep safe tonight, in large part because of those people that
chose to serve, and even die, for their countries.

You can I can sleep safely in large because of huge numbers of people
who are choosing not to carry out violence against us.

People generally don't choose to die for their countries.
It's much more common to choose to fight, and get killed in the process.
Often it's for money, not from a feeling of loyalty to
their country.

We don need no steenkin' CPS. 0:-> Spanking 223 July 19th 06 07:32 AM
A test Mark Probert Kids Health 0 January 13th 06 03:51 PM
Parent-Child Negotiations Nathan A. Barclay Spanking 623 January 28th 05 04:24 AM
Trying to understand - some personal issues based on experience Stuart Magpie Spanking 4 August 4th 04 11:15 AM