False alarm...

Old October 31st 03, 02:02 PM
Rupert

Default False alarm...

The other day my wife had a cramping pain. Of course we were scared
(she is 32 weeks along) so we immediately went to the hospital
(emergency Doc appoinment). Her doctor said it was not a contraction
and suggested that it was just a bad stretching pain. I'm not entirely
content with the explanation, but I hope that is all it was.

On a lighter note, we have been going to those prenatal classes at the
hospital. Talk about cheesy! I have been reading this board, other
boards, and books, so everything they are talking about seems like a
waste of time, but we paid for it so I guess we'll keep going (my wife
is equally bored by the class). Hopefully it gets better.
Old October 31st 03, 07:02 PM
Kat

"Rupert" wrote in message
om...
The other day my wife had a cramping pain. Of course we were scared
(she is 32 weeks along) so we immediately went to the hospital
(emergency Doc appoinment). Her doctor said it was not a contraction
and suggested that it was just a bad stretching pain. I'm not entirely
content with the explanation, but I hope that is all it was.

On a lighter note, we have been going to those prenatal classes at the
hospital. Talk about cheesy! I have been reading this board, other
boards, and books, so everything they are talking about seems like a
waste of time, but we paid for it so I guess we'll keep going (my wife
is equally bored by the class). Hopefully it gets better.

Sorry you guys had a sca-( Too bad the class is boring for you guys.
Are you taking a class through the hospital? I took our class with our
doula last time and found that to be more along our lines and more
informative.
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04

Old October 31st 03, 10:51 PM
Em

"Rupert" wrote in message
The other day my wife had a cramping pain. Of course we were scared
(she is 32 weeks along) so we immediately went to the hospital
(emergency Doc appoinment). Her doctor said it was not a contraction
and suggested that it was just a bad stretching pain. I'm not entirely
content with the explanation, but I hope that is all it was.

I'm glad things are okay now. IKWYM, about not being entirely content with
the doctor's explanation (I think they just like to have something to say).
When I was about 24 weeks along I had about 3 days of having lots of Braxton
Hicks contractions and a low-down crampy feeling. I finally called the
doctor about it and she said that if I had any other signs of pre-term labor
(like strange discharge or cervical pressure or if the contractions were
coming in a regular pattern, with or without pain) to call her back,
otherwise I had probably just overdone it a bit and should try to take it
easy. (I had been moving to a new place during the time). That was pretty
much the same answer I had come up with for myself!

On a lighter note, we have been going to those prenatal classes at the
hospital. Talk about cheesy! I have been reading this board, other
boards, and books, so everything they are talking about seems like a
waste of time, but we paid for it so I guess we'll keep going (my wife
is equally bored by the class). Hopefully it gets better.

We took our prenatal classes with a doula (not hospital affiliated) and
found them quite good. Even so, with all of my reading in this group and in
books, I pretty much knew all of the "answers" anyway and don't feel like I
learned very much from the classes--they pretty much served to reaffirm what
I already knew/felt.

--
Em
mama to Lann, 9/21/03

Old November 1st 03, 05:28 PM
jjmoreta

Rupert wrote:
The other day my wife had a cramping pain. Of course we were scared
(she is 32 weeks along) so we immediately went to the hospital
(emergency Doc appoinment). Her doctor said it was not a contraction
and suggested that it was just a bad stretching pain. I'm not entirely
content with the explanation, but I hope that is all it was.

On a lighter note, we have been going to those prenatal classes at the
hospital. Talk about cheesy! I have been reading this board, other
boards, and books, so everything they are talking about seems like a
waste of time, but we paid for it so I guess we'll keep going (my wife
is equally bored by the class). Hopefully it gets better.

I found that the round ligament pain that I cursed bitterly during my first
trimester and which blessedly went away in the second trimester, has come
back in the third trimester (because baby is now rapidly gaining weight
instead of just height). The round ligaments connect somewhere around the
top of the uterus and connect to the groin. Making them angry usually
results in hot, stabbing pain.

It doesn't bother me all the time, but sometimes I have to be careful about
what position I'm in and/or rapidly changing positions to avoid making them
angry.

I tried to find you a good picture to help illustrate where they are in
relation to the uterus and where they connect with the body, but the 2nd
link is the best I could find (and isn't a great depiction since it
illustrates the front view, not the side).

http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pre...ealth/205.html
http://www.pregnancycorner.com/round_ligament_pain.htm

- Joanne

baby due, lots of false alarms Me Pregnancy 1 October 14th 03 02:21 PM
First response, false positive Ericka Kammerer Pregnancy 7 September 19th 03 05:54 PM
False positive? Elle Pregnancy 5 September 2nd 03 05:21 PM
false allegations legitimate companies on the net Kenpangborn General 0 August 20th 03 04:06 AM
false allegations Answering D. Moore idiot Kenpangborn General 0 August 20th 03 04:05 AM