The Marvellous Health of Unvaccinated Children

Old June 25th 10, 12:17 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.nursing
john[_5_]

Default The Marvellous Health of Unvaccinated Children

The Marvellous Health of Unvaccinated Children
Françoise Berthoud, MD [medical doctor, paediatrician]

June 25, 2010

http://www.imcv.info/vaccination/art...ldren.htmlOnce upon a time, in April 2009 to be exact, I was invited to give a speechat a conference on vaccination. I was to talk after two of the bestspeakers France has to offer on the subject had their turn, journalistSylvie Simon and biologist Michel Georget. At hearing them speak in thepast, it was absolutely clear to me that the best option is to stay as faraway from vaccines as possible. I just did not know what to do instead tobest assure staying alive and well. As a paediatrician and homeopathqualified to speak on the subject, I decided to setup a conference calledThe Marvellous Health of Unvaccinated Children along with my friends, Sylvieand Michel. This work would later evolve into a book that analyses variouslife choices often made by families that do not vaccinate, including homebirth, breastfeeding, simple therapies, good food (often vegetarian), atranquil living environment and trust in the capacity of the body to healitself.In my life as a paediatrician, I had spent lots of time in dialogue with theparents who often needed to voice their fears about both disease andvaccines. We worked out together the best route for their children. Somechose not to vaccinate at all. Others held onto fear of disease, especiallytetanus. In those cases, we postponed vaccination as much as possible andused a homeopathic protection and "cleansing" called nosode.I worked in Switzerland where there is no real legal obligation tovaccinate, only great social pressure. In France, just a few kilometresfrom my office, there were four compulsory vaccinations at the time (BCG wasfortunately removed in 2007, and three remain: Di Te Pol).Some of the basis of my ability to speak on the marvellous health ofunvaccinated children comes from my personal experience as a medical doctor,having collected years of feedback. "My child began coughing immediately after the vaccination." "He has had constant ear aches since he was vaccinated." "My 16 years old daughter is completely unvaccinated. She is almost neversick. If she does get sick, it's two days at the most." "The neighbour's kids followed normal vaccination guidelines. They areconstantly sick and on antibiotics."That was not enough upon which to write a book; however. As it would turnout, I found these observations were paralleled over and over again all overthe world. Follow me around the planet.EUROPEIn England, Michel Odent, MD showed in two studies that children havingreceived no Pertussis vaccine had 5-6 times less asthma than those who werevaccinated for it. The first study was on 450 babies from La Leche League;the second one on 125 children in a Steiner school. (1)Throughout Europe, a group of mostly paediatricians studied 14,893 childrenin Steiner schools in Austria, Germany, Holland, Sweden and Switzerland andfound that children living in "anthroposophist culture" (where vaccinationis largely shunned) were in better health than the controls. (2)In Germany, one of the European Steiner schools study researchers wrote, "Inthe eastern part of Berlin before the fall of the wall, we saw lessallergies than in the west. This population was poorer, nearer nature andless vaccinated." Too much hygiene is not always good. As UK researcherand originator of the "hygiene hypothesis" David Strachan might say, "giveus this day our daily germs".In Spain, Xavier Uriarte, MD and J. Manuel Marín, MD published a study in1999 on 314 children they followed between 1975 to 2000. (3) This group ofchildren is characterized by a majority of homebirth or natural births,prolonged breastfeeding, no vaccinations, holistic health education and noallopathic medicine. There were no serious diseases, few hospitalisations(mostly for traumas), and 3.3% asthma compared to the 20% in the generalpopulation. And of course, a lot of money was spared!USAThe rate of autism in the U.S. is now an unthinkable 1 in 100. Those whoare unvaccinated boast numbers that run in shocking contrast to the nation'sstatistics. As this article is directed to the American people, I will notgo on at length here. Most of you know the work of your very own journalistDan Olmsted showing the incredible absence of autism in the unvaccinatedAmish communities of Pennsylvania and Ohio.Further impressive is Chicago-based Homefirst Medical Clinic run by a groupof doctors including medical director Mayer Eisenstein, MD, JD, MPH. Theyhave no known autism and super-scarce allergies in their children, many ofwhom were home deliveries, and most of whom have had no vaccinations. In1985, I translated to French U.S. paediatrician Robert Mendelsohn, MD's Howto Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor. Now I find concreteresult in the marvellous health of kids whose doctors are his pupils! Ilike these synchronicities in my life.AUSTRALIAIn 1942, Leslie Owen Bailey, founder of the Natural Health Society ofAustralia, accepted guardianship of 85 children whose mothers were unable tocare for them. Among these 85 children, no vaccinations were ever given, nodrugs were ever taken or used, and no operations were ever performed. Theonly malady that occurred was when 34 of the children developed chicken pox.They were immediately put to bed and given only pure water or fresh fruitjuice. They all recovered quickly without after-effects. Investigationsrevealed that these children whilst at school had been swapping theirhealthy lunches for unhealthy conventional foods, so this outbreak was notaltogether surprising.Many of these children inherited poor health due to a history of illness andmalnourishment in their mothers. Despite this, and the fact that they werenever breastfed nor could enjoy the normal bonding of mother to child, theywere able to grow into sturdy, self-reliant children.NEW ZEALANDTwo studies done in New Zealand in 1992 and 1995 show that the unvaccinatedchildren clearly have less allergies, less otitis (ear aches), lesstonsillitis, less running noses, less epilepsies and less ADHD. (4)JAPANAn interesting period in Japan was 1975-1980, when a decision was made tobegin the first vaccinations at two years of age instead of at two months.The reason was that more and more was discovered linking vaccines andcot-death (SIDS). A study was published in Pediatrics showing that from1970 to January 1975, there were 57 cases of serious vaccine reactions,including 37 deaths. From February 1975 to August 1981 there were eightcases of serious vaccine reactions, including three deaths. Unfortunatelyfor kids and their parents, the Japanese vaccination plan is now"normalized" again. The study shows well that the immune system is strongerat two years than at two months. How well would these kids have done hadthey not been vaccinated at all?We find the same observation in a Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunologystudy. Of 11,531 children studied at age seven, here are the results:vaccinated at two months, 13.8% are asthmatic, vaccinated between two andfour months, 10.3%, vaccinated after four months, 5.9 %. Again, how wellwould these kids have done had they not been vaccinated at all?THE LESSON LEARNED ON VACCINATIONAs a concerned, compassionate and considerate paediatrician, I can onlyarrive at one conclusion. Unvaccinated children have by far the best chanceof enjoying marvellous health. Any vaccination at all works to cripple thechances of this end. www.imcv.infoSources1) www.birthworks.org/primalhealth2) Allergic diseases and atopic sensitization in children related to farmingand anthroposophic lifestyle - Persifal study. Allergy 2006, 61 (4) :414-421.3) www.vacunacionlibre.org4) http://www.ias.org.nz

Old June 25th 10, 12:18 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.nursing
john[_5_]

http://whale.to/vaccine/berthoud.html

Old July 6th 10, 06:58 PM
MommyBusyBee MommyBusyBee is offline
Junior Member

While I agree that children can go un-vaccinated and turn out just fine, it's better to be safe than sorry. March's "Skeptic Magazine" PROVES that vaccinations are, for the most part, safe and that it doesn't hurt to get a shot. Back in the 1970's, someone DID indeed become paralyzed due to the "Swine Flu" shot, but that was out of the millions of people who DID take the shot. Mind you, that's not even NEARLY as often as someone dying from a penicillin allergy.

In short, [bleep] happens and the benefits of the shots most DEFINITELY outweigh the risks. Another thing "Skeptic" mentioned was that technology has become more advanced and that very "Swine Flu" shot that caused someone to become paralyzed in the 1970s has been improved. There are scientists out there whose primary job is to FIX vaccinations -- any and all. Rest assured that taking the vaccination is MORE THAN LIKELY NOT going to kill you. :P
Old August 8th 10, 05:00 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.nursing
dr_jeff

copyrighted material deleted

The author claims to be a homeopath and qualified to speak on the
subject. Well, homeopathy is not based on any science. It has never been
proven to work in any good study.

The author is neither a scientist nor qualified to speak on any topic
concerning health or science.

Jeff