Addie's Adoption Story

Old November 2nd 04, 06:43 PM
Jamie Clark

Coming from you, that's something!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:
Taylor Marlys, 1/3/03
Addison Grace, 9/30/04

Guest
Password

"Leslie" wrote in message
Jamie,

That made labor sound downright easy.

I'm glad she is all yours now. I hope poor Lindsey will be okay. :-(

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old November 2nd 04, 06:51 PM
Jamie Clark

Oh Puh-Lease. Ask me anything! Haven't you figured out by now that I'm a
completely open book? I'm not sure that I left much out -- it's pretty dang
inclusive, but ask anything you like.

Adoptive breastfeeding is pretty much what it sounds like -- breastfeeding
an adopted child. I pumped for 7 weeks before Taylor was born, and then
about a week before she arrived, I began taking a medication whose
"unfortunate" side affect is inducing lactation -- which was good for me,
but not for those poor people who needed heartburn relief! : ) Anyway, I
also used a Supplemental Nursing System (SNS) which consists of a plastic
bottle that you wear around your neck, and tiny tubes that you tape to your
nipples. As the baby suckles at the breast, they get anything that you may
be producing, plus formula from the SNS. I breastfed for 4 days, then gave
myself permission to quit. It was hard -- it hurt, and I'd worked so hard,
for so long to get this dang baby (5 years of depression, infertility and 9
pregnancy losses), I just wanted to enjoy her. So I switched to bottles and
never looked back. I am glad that I tried to breastfeed -- I enjoyed the
closeness and extra bonding, and feel that for me, it helped me to claim
Taylor as my own. Plus, since I didn't get to be pregnant and give birth,
at least I got to breastfeed. I treasure the experience, and yet, had no
desire to try it again!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

"Wendy" wrote in message
Wow, Jamie, that is a very, very moving adoption story. Congratulations
to you that everything worked out! I am also curious, what is "adoptive
breastfeeding"? There are so many questions I'd like to ask you but lest
they be inappropriate I will assume you included all you wanted us to
know in the story unless you specify otherwise. I really enjoyed your
post.

Wendy

Old November 2nd 04, 06:52 PM
Jamie Clark

Awww, Kara, thanks. Now you've made ME tear up!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

"Kara H" wrote in message

"Jamie Clark" wrote:

Jamie
Earth Angels:
Taylor Marlys, 1/3/03
Addison Grace, 9/30/04

Wowwww, Jamie. My eyes were full of tears throughout the entire story.
Words
can not express the amount of respect I have for you, Jamie. You and Rob
are
truly amazing people with an incredible heart. Taylor and Addie are so
blessed to have you as their parents. Your incredible strength in the
lowest
of times and your passion are just unbelievable. Really and truly, I would
like to thank you for being such an amazing person- it is people like you
who make this world truly a *beautiful* place to be!

Thank you for sharing your story. Please pass on many hugs and kisses to
your gorgeous daughters!!

-Kara.

Old November 2nd 04, 06:54 PM
Jamie Clark

Thanks to everyone for your comments, support, and good wishes. I don't want
to clog up the ng with individual thank you's, so hopefully this one will
suffice.

Kelly, thanks for this comment below. That's exactly who I'd like to be in
this world. I don't always make it, but it's a goal! : )
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

"Kelly" wrote in message
...sniff, sniff, sniff.

Determination, kindness, toughness, passion. Your family.

Kelly
#4 2/12/05

Old November 2nd 04, 08:38 PM
Bryna729

Wow, even though I *knew* it turned out fine, you had me nervous there -- thank
G-d she's all yours now! Congratulations!

Be well,

Bryna
Mommy to Yosef, 3
& Temima, 1
Old November 2nd 04, 08:58 PM
Unadulterated Me

Jamie Clark wrote:

To be continued...

I have to confess I haven't read your story, I'd like to but it's too
long, if there's a cliff notes version though send it along.
But I wanted to say congratulations and welcome to baby Addie, what
fantastic news :-)

Andrea
Old November 2nd 04, 08:59 PM
Wendy

Ok, Jamie since you said it's ok, i'll ask. The question is actually
completely irrelevant, just idle curiosity. If BM has two other children
(5 and 3) that she had when she was 15 and 17(?) why did she choose to
place this baby in an adoptive home? I guess I am wondering if BM and
the adoptive parents normally discuss why the choice is being made. A
woman I know adopted a baby boy and the BM placed her baby up for
adoption because she strongly believed in a two parent home and the BF
wanted nothing to do with helping to raise the child. So, the BM placed
with a stable, married couple because that is the environment she
thought would be best for the baby. Just wondering how Lindsey came to
her decision.

Wendy

Old November 3rd 04, 06:47 AM
Kelly

I think you already are, but keep remembering what you'd like to be. It is
too easy to forget, in our busy confusing world, who we are and what we
strive to be as humans. What a gift to have our children think of us in the
way we want to see ourselves.

Do you still keep in touch with Lindsey? I was hanging by a thread reading
your story because it really was up to the minute.

Kelly
#4 2/12/05

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
Thanks to everyone for your comments, support, and good wishes. I don't

want
to clog up the ng with individual thank you's, so hopefully this one will
suffice.

Kelly, thanks for this comment below. That's exactly who I'd like to be

in
this world. I don't always make it, but it's a goal! : )
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:
Taylor Marlys, 1/3/03
Addison Grace, 9/30/04

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,

Password:
Guest
Password

#4 2/12/05

Old November 3rd 04, 06:51 AM
Kelly

Was it Reglan you took?

I helped a woman with adoptive breastfeeding and I always wondered how
things had gone. Although I had an idea, it would have been really nice to
know the outcome.

Kelly

Old November 3rd 04, 06:54 AM
Christine

Jamie, that was a great post!
almost like a touching movie that I would be balling in tears of
joy...,,,I actually did have a tear and lots of =91=91touching=92=92
chills..)

Congrats again!!!!
Christine.