Last post here

Old July 17th 03, 09:34 AM
Alicia Elliott

Default Last post here

Well, I guess I have been disappointed of late at the lack of compassionate,
honest replies to my postings. I've learned a lot over the past several
months from this newsgroup, but have seen amazing cliqueism (if such a word
exists). Guess I don't really need to be a part of that anymore. To those
of you who were genuinely caring in your responses to me, I appreciate your
input and kindness.

Daisy, if you read this, since you are my belly buddy, I wish you well in
particular. : ) I hope your baby comes in a smooth, natural fashion and
that you are both healthy and happy at the end of it.

To Em and Plisskin, thanks also to you two, you've both offered some good
advice.

-Alicia

Old July 17th 03, 12:08 PM
kereru

"Alicia Elliott" wrote in message
. ca...
Well, I guess I have been disappointed of late at the lack of

compassionate,
honest replies to my postings. I've learned a lot over the past several
months from this newsgroup, but have seen amazing cliqueism (if such a

word
exists). Guess I don't really need to be a part of that anymore. To

those
of you who were genuinely caring in your responses to me, I appreciate

your
input and kindness.

Daisy, if you read this, since you are my belly buddy, I wish you well in
particular. : ) I hope your baby comes in a smooth, natural fashion and
that you are both healthy and happy at the end of it.

To Em and Plisskin, thanks also to you two, you've both offered some good
advice.

-Alicia

Hello, I'm sorry to hear you are going. I also hope all goes well with the
birth and life with your little one. I was about to post about labor in
response to your last post but I may as well do it here :-)

For me I had a gradual increase in Braxton Hicks, a few nights before I
started to labor they were enough to wake me up. The main indication was a
weird vague feeling. I felt well stoned I suppose, away with the fairies. It
was as if I was retreating into myself. This continued right into labor
itself.

That's about it really. I was engaged and ready to go for weeks and my
midwife was convinced I would be early. I ended up a week late according to
my LMP. However on time according to when I thought I ovulated.

Please feel free to email me if you want to talk or ask anything. I'd love
to hear about the birth etc..

Good luck for the future

Judy

Old July 17th 03, 02:06 PM
Cheryl S.

Alicia Elliott wrote in message
. ca...
Well, I guess I have been disappointed of late at the lack
of compassionate, honest replies to my postings. I've
learned a lot over the past several months from this newsgroup,
but have seen amazing cliqueism (if such a word exists).
Guess I don't really need to be a part of that anymore. To those
of you who were genuinely caring in your responses to me, I
appreciate your input and kindness.

I'm sorry you feel that way Alicia. I don't think you should take it
personally though. It takes time to become "known" in any community,
and probably even moreso on a newsgroup. The people who appear to
really know each other and be close here, have been posting for several
years, not months. I can assure you there is no "conspiracy to exclude
Alicia". Many "regulars" have not been posting as much, period, not
just in response to you, because of things going on IRL - e.g. new
babies, vacations, moving, near-death experiences . Personally, I'm
currently spending a lot of the time I used to spend posting, sleeping
instead. Other people who had posted frequently but were pretty much
just here for the duration of their pregnancy have had their baby and
moved on to mkb or mk. So there is just a bit of a lull right now, I
think. Often if a post doesn't get replies it's just because no one
knows the answer or has a similar exerience to relate. Often, I don't
reply if someone else has already said exactly what I would have said
myself. Mkp is what it is. If it benefits you, I hope you'll
reconsider staying, but if it doesn't, then of course you shouldn't
spend your time on it, but don't take it as a personal insult. I wish
you well whatever you decide.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 3 mo.

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Old July 17th 03, 02:36 PM
Em

"Alicia Elliott" wrote in message

Well, I guess I have been disappointed of late at the lack of

compassionate,
honest replies to my postings. I've learned a lot over the past several
months from this newsgroup, but have seen amazing cliqueism (if such a

word
exists). Guess I don't really need to be a part of that anymore. To

those
of you who were genuinely caring in your responses to me, I appreciate

your
input and kindness.

I'm sorry that you are going to leave, Alicia! I think you've added a lot to
this group & I've enjoyed reading about your pregnancy thus far--I'll be sad
not to hear about the birth and everything :-(

Kind of like Cheryl mentioned, I have noticed a lull in postings around here
lately (I've had a lull in my own postings as well, because of having
company, etc). A lot of messages aren't getting very many responses. Also,
maybe it is just me, but I have been noticing a lot of posts lately that
seem very troll-like (but not so obvious as some trolls in the past) and for
some reason that has made me a little reluctant to post a whole lot.

Daisy, if you read this, since you are my belly buddy, I wish you well in
particular. : ) I hope your baby comes in a smooth, natural fashion and
that you are both healthy and happy at the end of it.

To Em and Plisskin, thanks also to you two, you've both offered some good
advice.

You're welcome :-) Best wishes with your baby's birth! I hope the homebirth
goes wonderfully & that all is well. I also hope you will still post an
announcement when the baby is born--I like closure! :-)

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Old July 17th 03, 02:46 PM
Astromum

Alicia Elliott wrote:
Well, I guess I have been disappointed of late at the lack of compassionate,
honest replies to my postings. I've learned a lot over the past several
months from this newsgroup, but have seen amazing cliqueism (if such a word
exists). Guess I don't really need to be a part of that anymore. To those
of you who were genuinely caring in your responses to me, I appreciate your
input and kindness.

I'm sorry Alice, but I can speak only for myself. While TTC-ing this is
sometimes the last place I want to look, especially in the middle of my
2ww. I haven't been paying too much of attention of what goes on here
in detail, just offer my advice to questions I thought I could answer.
I have found many ng have many different 'atmospheres' so to say, with
some being more formal, others being more open. I do hope you can find
an alternative where you will be more warmly received. Best of luck to
you and your baby, I hope all goes well!

--
-- Ilse
mom to Olaf (07/15/2002)

Old July 17th 03, 03:07 PM
Plissken

[...]

(((((Alicia))))) I'm so sorry you feel that way! But that's ok, I'll see you
around anyway as you only live a couple of blocks from me! Don't forget to
call me when you have the baby, we'll do lots of walk together. I hope you
have a nice uneventful labour delivery. Keep me posted at my home email
address.

Nadene
Mommy to Madeline 05/06/03

Old July 17th 03, 04:53 PM
Truffles

Plissken wrote:

(((((Alicia))))) I'm so sorry you feel that way! But that's ok, I'll see you
around anyway as you only live a couple of blocks from me! Don't forget to
call me when you have the baby, we'll do lots of walk together. I hope you
have a nice uneventful labour delivery. Keep me posted at my home email
address.

Nadene, my trip is post-poned until next Thursday. My friend is now
past her due date and my twins have a cold.

Alicia, I don't post an awful lot here because I'm just 9 weeks and I
don't have a lot of advice to offer regarding singleton pregnancies.
Maybe you, me, and Nadene can go have a fruit smoothie next week when
I'm in town? :-)

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old July 17th 03, 05:36 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Cheryl S. wrote:

Many "regulars" have not been posting as much, period, not
just in response to you, because of things going on IRL - e.g. new
babies, vacations, moving, near-death experiences .

Not to mention things always slow down a bit in the
(northern hemisphere ;-) summers anyway.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old July 17th 03, 06:33 PM
Plissken

"Truffles" wrote in message
Plissken wrote:

(((((Alicia))))) I'm so sorry you feel that way! But that's ok, I'll see

you
around anyway as you only live a couple of blocks from me! Don't forget

call me when you have the baby, we'll do lots of walk together. I hope

you
have a nice uneventful labour delivery. Keep me posted at my home email
address.

Nadene, my trip is post-poned until next Thursday. My friend is now
past her due date and my twins have a cold.

Alicia, I don't post an awful lot here because I'm just 9 weeks and I
don't have a lot of advice to offer regarding singleton pregnancies.
Maybe you, me, and Nadene can go have a fruit smoothie next week when
I'm in town? :-)

Give me a call when you get here. I believe I emailed you my phone #. I can
call Alicia.

Nadene

Old July 17th 03, 07:05 PM
Truffles

Plissken wrote:

Give me a call when you get here. I believe I emailed you my phone #. I can
call Alicia.

Yes. I have it.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

make thousands easily!! steve General 0 March 21st 04 10:06 AM
Money money money... russell barr General 0 August 1st 03 01:23 PM
[META] Parenting content and reader expectations Robin General (moderated) 1 July 26th 03 02:57 PM