Need real help?

Old July 15th 03, 06:42 AM
Tracy

Default Need real help?

"Layne Barlow" wrote in message

Layne... help needed - father, logging business owner. Married over 20
years. Two children - both boys, 17 & 13. Mom had two affairs and hasn't
lived at home for over 7 months. She wants everything she can get,
including but not limited to - alimony, child-support, the kids, at least
half of everything, etc. The boys don't want anything to do with her. Dad
lives in Lincoln county. Mom lives in Benton. She filed in Benton.

If he pushed, can the jurisdiction change from Benton to Lincoln due to the
location of the boys, and family home, assets, etc? Do you feel he stands a
better chance in Benton or Lincoln county? He lives near Mary's Peak in
Lincoln county. He has offered to purchase her a home (anywhere). The boys
want to live with dad. Dad's business was a partnership, which included her
father at one time. Her father is not paid off. Therefore, she and her
family still profit from the logging company - which is running strong. He
has no problem is paying her part of that profit, but she wants half of his!
She has worked off and on during marriage - licensed beautician, but refuses
to work - alimony is better. If the boys speak their minds in court - which
county is best?

Last question - do you know of a good father's rights attorney somewhere
between Corvallis & Newport? He has gone as far as Salem. He was served
just last week after 4 attempts. Other three times the guy was chased away.
LOL... I brought you up Sunday when I met him and we were talking about his
situation. Basically my boyfriend brought up my activity in this group, and
I brought up OMEN.

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

Old July 15th 03, 07:57 AM
dani

Layne Barlow wrote:

There are some of us who have been following what you do, Layne. And
you ROCK. The Lie-yer's don't come close to doing what is needed. You
know as well as anyone that if they did, the court's would not be in the
mess that they are in now.

What we need is more people like you who are willing to work to fix
what's broken. Mel hit it right on, in his answer to Drew a few post back.

Keep it up.

Not to say anything against any of you in here who read this, because
you wouldn't be here if you weren't working for a solution yourself.

We are all working toward the same goal. Some, like Layne do it on a
more personal level. I want to get there before my children have to
worry about the same **** themselves. And becoming a lawyer is not
exactly the answer. Of course there is Barbara Johnson, but such as her
are few and very far between.

nuff said.

~dani

Old July 15th 03, 10:20 PM
Freedom

"Layne Barlow" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:02:04 -0400, "Freedom"
wrote:

Layne,

Where is your expertise?

Physically, philosophically, or ...? Or do you mean in what areas?

I thought I explained in the original post.

I know the issues we face most often a

1) Support guidelines do not take into account the once "intact" family

now
has TWO homes.

Support issues are incredibly more complicated, twisted and deep than
just how much should dad pay mom. I know people who have worked their
entire professional careers in the Child Support Collection Machine
and still don't understand everything about it.

I spent some time on our state's last guidelines advisory committee.
Reality isn't something they're overly concerned with -- best example
is imputed or potential income. If you make $0 per month, they decide
you can make at least minimum wage. Worse, if you're in a state like
Washington, they'll actually set your income by your age, whether you
make that kind of $$ or not.

It's hidden in the laws the obligor has to retain enough $$ to support
himself. Lots of good stuff is hidden in the law -- estoppels, full
faith and credit tests, resulting and constructive trusts.

2) Breastfeeding has expanded from 2 years in the early 1900's to this
concept (case law?) of a nurturing mother that lasts for years and years.

In Europe it's not unusual for a child to nurse through age 4-5.

The concept your talking about is a holdover from the tender years
doctrine that dominate most of the last century. This is an
abrogation of the common law, where the father's right to custody was
"paramount."

3) "Status Quo" being more important than a loving parent (i.e.: Fake
domestic violence charge leads to one year separation of kids and NCP,

then
judge rules "status quo" and says "best interest of kids" to keep as is:

ncp
and kids apart).

This is a common scenario, repeated thousands of times every day in
courtrooms all across this country. Should've reserved your federal
rights and removed the case outta the state's hands..

4) Current body of psychological evidence points to "joint custody" as

best
for kids, yet it is not into mainstream case law yet.

Screw "psychological evidence." A custody award in itself usually
violates the 14th Amendment's Equal Protection Clause. That's why
*everyone* should put some thought into their federal questions --
based mostly if not entirely on the 14th Amendment -- and remove their
cases to their local U.S. District Courts.

Anyone who wants one, email me, let me know what format you use
(WordPerfect, Word, etc.), and I'll be thrilled to send you a raw form
to use.

Layne

Old July 16th 03, 05:46 AM
Layne Barlow

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 19:39:57 GMT, "Batch File" wrote:

Keep doing what you are doing. Just becareful of the Lawyers. They hate
competition just like the Government.

If a truely free Country, there would be no problem with what you are doing.

Too many of us forget the true nature of our government and
constitutions: government is one of limited or enumerated authority
-- it has *only* the express power the constitution gives it, no more.
Lawyers are officers of the courts, which is one of the three legs
each state and our country stand on. The judicial branch of government
is charged now with enforcing law but declaring it. "Jurisdiction" is
Greek for "speak the law."

Think about it ... what is a judge, really? A signature. And what
does that signature actually represent? The authority given by the
people through the constitution. In Oregon every judge's oath is
imposed by Article VII (Original)j of our state constitution and reads
"I ________ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support the
Constitution of the United States, and the constitution of the State
of Oregon, and that I will faithfully, and impartially discharge the
duties of a Judge of the Supreme, and Circuits (sic) Courts of said,
State according to the best of my ability, and that I will not accept
any other office, except Judicial offices during the term for which I
have been elected."

Judges don't enforce law. They don't step off the bench and put the
cuffs on defendants, they don't go to our houses and execute warrants.
*'All a judge is is a signature.* And it means the people trusted
them to *support* the Constitution of the United States, and the
constitution of the State of Oregon, and to *faithfully* and
*impartially* discharge the duties of a Judge.

We the people have the power to hold judges in contempt of their
oaths, especially when they do what Judge Philip Arnold did to Dennis
Holder in the Circuit Court for Jackson County. What did he do? To
put it bluntly, he wiped his ass with the Constitutions and the laws
put plainly before him in black and white.

I *will* figure out a way to hold him in contempt of oath.

For Gini52 and my other detractors out there, look up "coram non
judice" and see if you can explain here what it means in practical
terms.

Why do judges and lawyers get away with it? Because, people, *we let
them.* We gave them the authority. And we can take it away.

End of rant.

Layne
Old July 16th 03, 05:46 AM
Layne Barlow

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:15:48 -0500, "dC" wrote:

"Layne Barlow" wrote in message
If you're serious about defending your rights or offending your
opponents in court or administrative cases, but don't know where to
start, what laws to use, how to write your papers, etc., *real* help is
just an email away.

Layne:

You got my attention with "boyish good looks" ... love or money - sounds
like both, huh?

Another paralegal,
dC

You haven't seen me. I'm fat, old, hairy and lonely.
Old July 16th 03, 05:46 AM
Layne Barlow

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 06:57:30 GMT, dani wrote:

Layne Barlow wrote:

[...]

Dani, you are *so* cool.

And Barbara is cool, too, in my book.

Layne
Old July 16th 03, 08:07 AM
Mel Gamble

Hmmm.....

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:15:48 -0500, "dC" wrote:

"Layne Barlow" wrote in message
If you're serious about defending your rights or offending your
opponents in court or administrative cases, but don't know where to
start, what laws to use, how to write your papers, etc., *real* help is
just an email away.

Layne:

You got my attention with "boyish good looks" ... love or money - sounds
like both, huh?

Another paralegal,
dC

You haven't seen me. I'm fat, old, hairy and lonely.

I'd have to say that you appear - at least in public - to be "heavyset",
middle-aged, and well-groomed in a collegiate fashion : ) Don't get down on
yourself so hard - there are others who are doing a fine job of that : (

But, yes, the warrior's life is a lonely one......

Mel Gamble
Old July 16th 03, 08:21 AM
Mel Gamble

On 14 Jul 2003 11:06:31 GMT, (Mel Gamble) wrote:

If I don't qualify as "one of the gang", Drew, it's a pretty small gang...

And
as one of the gang, I have to disagree. I don't believe Layne's goal is to

get
money...it's just a necessary evil along the way. Yeah, he could drive a

taxi
or flip burgers to support his habit, but his habit is one that I'd just as
soon he was using to support itself - I'd rather have my shadetree mechanic
making his living fixing cars than stocking shelves at Safeway. Just seems
that somebody who spends 8 hours a day stocking shelves and and additional 4
hours as a mechanic is not going to be equal to the guy who spends 8 hours a
day as a mechanic and an additional 4 hours also as a mechanic.

I'd just as soon Layne be able to keep his fingers right where he's had them
the last few years full time plus overtime - and feed himself in the process

-
than to have him pull out of it for 8 hours a day just to pay the rent and

hope
for the best from the time he has left.

Mel Gamble.

Thanx for the kind words, Mel.

Layne

I calls 'em like I sees 'em. If I'd been less impressed by what I've seen and
read, I'd have stated such. I wish I had the dedication, faith, moral
conviction - whatever drives you - to make the sacrifices and contributions
you've made. Thank YOU, Layne.

This is not to make lite of anyone else's contributions to the cause ....

Mel Gamble

Old July 16th 03, 08:41 PM
gini52

"Layne Barlow" wrote
We the people have the power to hold judges in contempt of their
oaths, especially when they do what Judge Philip Arnold did to Dennis
Holder in the Circuit Court for Jackson County. What did he do? To
put it bluntly, he wiped his ass with the Constitutions and the laws
put plainly before him in black and white.

I *will* figure out a way to hold him in contempt of oath.

For Gini52 and my other detractors out there, look up "coram non
judice" and see if you can explain here what it means in practical
terms.

==
Gosh, teach, are we going to get graded?
==
==

Old July 17th 03, 02:44 AM
dC

"Layne Barlow" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:15:48 -0500, "dC" wrote:
Layne:

You got my attention with "boyish good looks" ... love or money - sounds
like both, huh?

Another paralegal,
dC

You haven't seen me. I'm fat, old, hairy and lonely.

You sell yourself short sweetie - I've seen your picture on the internet -
yep, when I do my research I do it all the way! Call yourself lonely if you
must but Forget those other adjectives!!!

A comrade in arms,
dC